“Poor Service”

Cast Iron Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southern Indiana
“Poor Service”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

First of all, I have been to this restaurant several times before and the food was top notch, but the last couple of times this month it was average at best. My steak was overcooked but our waitress never returned to our table for me to tell her. The meat was so dry I could hardly swallow. When she finally came back to check and heard my complaints she offered to get another steak, but by then everyone else was finished. The time before we ate outdoors. When we left our clothes and arms were black from the wrought iron furniture. several of our orders were mixed up as well. I hope this isn't a pattern from a place that initially got off to a fantastic start.

• Visited August 2012

Louisville, Kentucky
“Outstanding food and reasonably priced”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I heard rave reviews about this restaurant and decided to give it a try. It was outstanding!!! Every single thing was great--the salad, rolls, macaroni & cheese, steak, etc. It was all very delicious. The prices were reasonable at about $11 for a 6 oz sirloin with two sides. The atmosphere is nice too. Will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2012
Georgetown
“Good enough to eat”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Custom cut seasoned steak seered in an iron skillet in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. There were four of us who chose filets, a delmonico, and blackened salmon. The delmonico steak and the salmon got rave reviews while the two filets had minor complaints. One was a little too done for the "medium" that was ordered. The other was tougher to cut than was desired. We selected a variety of sides ant the potato cake was a hit. The five cheese macaroni was good but not special and the green beans were oily and limp. This is the kind of experience where we will go back and need to do so often enough to learn our menu favorites. I am glad Cast Iron is here and that a good steak is within reach.

• Visited July 2012
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Best Kept Secret in the Louisville area.”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I've eaten a few thousand steaks in my life, this place can hold a candle to some of the more laudid (and pricier) that you will find. We went on a Saturday night with no reservations and wer told there would be a 20-30 minute wait. We took a seat at the bar and were seated withing 5-10 minutes.

The Good: Service was great, all staff were friendly. From the appetizer bread and dipping oil, to the steak itself, everything was delicious. I had a NY strip that was cooked and seasoned perfectly. My lady had a sirloin that, honest to God, was better than ribye's that we've eaten at most steakhouses. The salad was fresh, without preservatives (she can always tell), and had freshly grated cheese and what seemed to be homeade dressing.

The bad: There is poor parking and it isn't in a great location. Because of the business across the street, a beautiful view of the river is kind of wasted. It's a little loud because of the open setting, so plan on hearing your neighbor's conversation. A lot of great restaurants are like this. These things are trivial in light of the food and service.

I just can't rave enough about the quality of our meal here. I hope they never change what they are doing in the kitchen. I recommend Cast Iron Steakhouse to anyone in the Louisville area.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Sean24seven
Fremont, Ohio
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I guess that I will not be telling anyone any different than the other reviews. Food was great, service was great, people were very friendly. I had the Small Strip Steak and the wife had Salmon. Both were excellent. The night before we were at the Chop House in Asheville NC . It was really good there ( see review) but this place is better. It's not in the most glamorous part of town and the esthetics are average but you can't beat the food. I would go here again in a heartbeat.

• Visited April 2012