“Nice Surprise!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Jasper
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jasper
“Nice Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I did not have high hopes for our stay at the Hampton Inn. My last experience with one years ago left a bad taste in my mouth, but I gave it a shot based on other reviews. Our experience went beyond my expectations! (in a good way!). At check in I realized (after my husband and the desk attendant looked at me with pity) that I had made our reservation for the following week. My mistake was quickly resolved with zero hassle and our check-in was seamless. I was happy to see that they promote the fact that duvets (and sheets, which I would expect) are clean for every guest. Nice to know (smart move, marketing folks). The room was clean and comfortable. I didn't have that skeevy feeling I sometimes get at hotels. Far and away the best part was the breakfast, great choices (different hot offerings each of the two mornings we stayed), and a clean environment. The staff was pleasant and the location next to the German restaurant was nice. (Food at the restaurant was ok, but so nice to be able to walk across the parking lot for a drink after traveling with 2 small children:). Overall, great experience. (some towels might be ready for replacement was my only suggestion). Workout room was nice too, good treadmill and other equipment was clean and in working order.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary M, Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for such a great review. It is always nice to hear our Hamptonality shines through! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you on your next trip to Jasper!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
South Bend
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn for the last three years when going to Holiday World in Santa Claus. This is a well run Hampton with nice beds, clean linens and a good breakfast. The staff are all helpful and always seem to enjoy making my little girl happy. She was looking bored at breakfast and the lady behind the desk brought out colors and coloring pages. She now has a friend for life.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary M, Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review and for noticing our Hamptonality! Your daughter is quite the artist. I have her picture on my office door. Thank you for staying with us again and I look forward to you visiting us again soon!
Anderson, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We just spent one night in Jasper to visit Holiday World the next day. The Hampton was an easy check in and checkout, it was very clean, everyone was friendly, and breakfast was very good. Also, the pool and hot tub were very nice. Our only complaint was the pillows. We normally bring our own pillows but our last stay at a Hampton Suites the pillows were great so we didn't this time. Big mistake. It turns out the hotel just supplies the small square travel size pillows. The beds were comfortable but the pillows made it impossible to get a good nights sleep. Other than that we were very pleased.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary M, Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay with us. I'm sorry about your experience with our pillows. We never want our guests to have a bad night's sleep with us. I have talked to our team and it appears they are tucking the end of the pillow case too tightly which makes the pillows appear square. They are the standard pillows (both synthetic and feather) for all Hampton Inn's. We do keep a variety of other pillows should ours still not meet your needs. The front desk is always available to assist you.

Thank you for your response and I hope you will visit us again on your next trip to the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. The breakfast buffet had many great choices but could use more seating because it was hard to find a seat. Very friendly staff. They also have discount tickets to Holiday World.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! I am happy your stay was great. Be sure to visit us again on your next visit to our area!
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff were fantastic. I arrived very late, but they were all smiles and helpful.

My room was comfortable and clean, but it smelled damp. My colleague complained the same about his room on the same level opposite side.

Apart from that, this was a typical Hampton stay. Theres not much to choose from in Jasper, so Hampton it is!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mary M, Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for the review of your guest room. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our staff's Hamptonality! I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.
Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

For the past five years, we have taken our boys to Holiday World and Slash'n Safari. We have stayed acrossed the street, down the street, even further down, down the street. Last year, we ended up staying at Holiday Inn in Jasper. Our stay was ok, the boys loved the arcade, but I hated the musty smell and the frogs that were everywhere!! So, this year, we stayed at The Hampton Inn in Jadper, IN. It was perfect! Rooms clean, beds clean and comfortable. NO cobwebs, no nasty smells, it was clean, clean, clean!!!! Boys loved the pool area and my husband and I loved how attentive and helpful the staff were. We will definitely make The Hampton Inn our hotel of choice every year we visit Holiday World.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Dustin-Jessica H
I am happy you and your family decided to stay with us for your annual trip to Holiday World. It is a pleasure having you here! It's nice to hear your stay was very pleasant and that you will be back to see us!
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Jasper, Indiana July 20-22 as we were visiting Holiday World. The Hampton Inn is very clean, the staff is very friendly, and nightly they have popcorn for the guests (which the kids loved!). The only downside was that the hotel was (and as I understand, on summer weekends, normally is) completely booked. If you want breakfast and want to sit in the breakfast area, I would recommend eating breakfast early! The first morning I could only find a table for 2, and my sister and I ended up standing to eat while the kids sat down. The homemade waffles, eggs and sausages were nice, as were traditional hotel breakfast items such as danishes and cereal. The hotel is about 25 minutes from Holiday World and very easy to get to--one left turn out of the parking lot and you drive straight until you enter Holiday World. I felt the nightly rate was a little high, but since there aren't many hotels near Holiday World, the hotels can charge what they want. If I ever came back to Holiday World, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Days Inn Jasper
#3 of 5 in French Lick
Super 8 Jasper
Super 8 Jasper
#5 of 5 in Jasper

Been to Hampton Inn Jasper? Share your experiences!