“Overrated”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My family drove to Indianapolis on Friday night right after work and stayed near the airport because my daughter was catching an early flight Saturday morning. We drove clear across Indianpolis just to eat at Jocamo based on trip advisor reviews. The restaurant was clean and the artwork was interesting but service was less than stellar. After being seated we waited a long time for our waitress to take our order. The waitress actually implied we were being cheap when my daughter and I only ordered water to drink; we had to be up early for her flight no one needed to be jacked up on soda or hung over. Our first mistake was ordering the breadsticks which tasted like brown and serve rolls. We waited a long time for our pizza but when it got to the table it looked great and I was thinking it had been worth the wait; then I took a bite. This is honestly one of the worst pizzas I have ever eaten! The crust on the pizza was so bad I picked the toppings off and ate some just to have something in my stomach they were better than the pizza but not by much. My husband also picked the toppings of the pizza and left the crust. The waitress came to the table didn't ask if we liked our meal and had the audacity to ask if we wanted a box for the rest! I paid for the pizza and told her it was one of the worst I had ever eaten. Management did offer to correct the problem but I was dissapointed, tired, and irritated and just didn't care at that point. My husband an I actually stopped at a gas station on the way to the hotel and got peppermint patties to get the taste of the pizza out of our mouths.

2  Thank Jewella72
There are newer reviews for Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had our first visit to Jockamo's last night..............twas a pleasurable experience. The service was quite good. The beer list is extensive with lots of variety.........many local and national micro's.

The pizza is quite good although they could put enough ingredients to go "edge to edge". The menu choices of pizzas is unlimited..............they have a number of "pre-determined" offerings and then they have a means by which you can create your own blend of ingredients.

Two in our party had salads..............the Greek salad and the fresh spinach salad. Both salads looked great and both people were quite happy with them.

And............if there is room in the stomach, don't miss the bread sticks.......quite tasty!!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting from out of town and decided to try Jockamo's. We all enjoyed the pizza and is one of my daughter's favorites now.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I'm from Chicago and moved to Indy. While Chi-town is best known for it's deep dish (Genos, Giordanos, Lou Mahlnatis) there's lots of traditional, high quality thin crust, e.g. Rosati's. I haven't found a decent thin crust from any of the chains yet. If you do get a crispy crust, e.g. Papa Johns, thin crust, well done, it's basically a piece of cardboard, with dried out, cheap, flavorless toppings.

The local news did a little pizza special and i saw a joint on the Southside of Indy, Greenwood, that was really close to my house, but I'd never stoped in. It used to be a storefront, it's big restaurant with a bar now, lot's of goofy specialty pizza's. But I had the traditional pepperoni, and a meat lovers, crust specified cooked "Crispy". My gosh, was it wonderful. The toppings were hot, moist and generous, yet the crust stoop up to them and was not soggy. you can hold piece up flat and it doesn't sag, even though it's loaded with quality meats and cheeses.

Best pie on the southside, without a doubt. Had a 312 wheat beer at the bar while waiting for my pie, how nice.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Got a carry out order for family in Indy. Order was ready on time for pick up and my meatball sub was scrumptious, my sisters Greek salad was perfect and my nephews pizza was mouthwatering and piping hot. The best pizza, etc. in Indy!!!