“Alot of things did not work”

Courtyard Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #64 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 10, 2012

1. ice machine did not work on level 4 or level 3.
2. staff was not real focused.
3. hotel in midst of re model.
4. toiletries not stocked in bathroom...it appear HK staff was not real good.
5. overall below aveage for a Coutyard facility.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback regarding your stay. I have spent some time with the overnight shift and the AM desk shift, revisiting what the impact is when we are not present to take care of our guests. In addition, I have alerted the housekeeping supervisor in regards to the toilitries not being stocked.

We are excited about the new rooms! We are also excited about our new Paul Mitchell toilitries! I am so glad that you would consider staying with us again as I believe that your stay will be much different.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Indianapolis Airport

Reviewed July 16, 2012

A few minor things that I found to be a bit of a disappointment, but not so much that I wouldn't stay there again. Checked in late evening about midnight and there was nobody at the front desk to check me in. Had to wait quite awhile till someone came back as they were probably doing another task. Same exact issue at checkout as nobody was there to check me out. My wakeup call was late as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel staff went the extra mile to help make our stay more enjoyable. I would definitely stay there again. The food in the bistro was expensive, but it was nice to be able to eat without leaving the hotel after a long drive. There's a market to buy snacks and even though they're overpriced, it's worth it to get them right there in the hotel. A short drive down Lynhurst will get you to every fast food place you can name. Our GPS took a strange way to get us to the hotel, but we learned to take the Executive Exit off of the Sam Jones Fwy. to get there an easier way. I have no complaints about this hotel. Everything was great and we got a great price by bidding on priceline.There's no microwave or refrigerator, but that never bothers me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for feedback! It is so nice to hear that the staff took such good care of you. I am excited to hear that you were able to use a third party booking to make your reservation at the hotel. Often times, you can get some really great deals. If you book your reservation on the Marriott website, we have a new advanced purchase rate that would charge you at the time you make your reservation but also allows you to chose the hotel and have substantial savings.

Thank you for staying with us at The Indianapolis airport Courtyard! We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very nice outdoor area. Arrived late, but there was some sunlight left and the courtyard was pretty and peaceful. The pool isindoors in its own pool house with outdoor lounge chairs facing the pool. Well kept garden and pots. Many rooms had balcony's overlooking courtyard. I did not notice any noise from airport in the courtyard.
Lobby was modern. There is a business area, booths and a snack bar with wine and beer. It was buzzing with activity.
Room was fine, typical Courtyard. Staff were great, very friendly. Free internet. Flat screen TV. Granite in bathroom. Free coffee in lobby. The free shuttle to the airport stops at all 3 Marriott properties, so plan accordingly.
Early am (4 am) I could hear the planes taking off, but a colleague on the same side of building did not hear anything.

Room Tip: If airplane noise would bother you, a room facing away from airport would have be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your warm comments. I am so glad that you had an oppotunity to enjoy some late day sunshine and the beautiful courtyard. The general manager actually does all of the landscaping herself.

Thank you for staying with us at The Indianapolis Airport Courtyard. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed 4 nights here and if you didn't know it, this is the birth place of the INDY 500! The hotel was Marriott quality. Although it was an older hotel it was updated with a new lobby and is still in great condition. 4 Floors with a newer bistro modern large lobby area and plenty of TVs. Your about 10 minutes from downtown and the airport. Speaking of airport, they have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes, to and from, "Zone 2" at the Airport transportation center as they call it. I was able to get a my requested room, top floor, king bed and near the stairs, after asking for a room upgrade. The staff was nice enough, but they do need to continue to upgrade the rooms as they are becoming outdated and retaining odors. My favorites at the new "Bistro" concept is the BBQ Chicken Wrap on Flatbread for about $7 and 700 calories, perfect after spending 10 hours or so working. In the morning I started to enjoy the Sunrise Starter and a large cup of Starbucks coffee. This is the first Courtyard of the year for me. Based off of this stay I would stay at them again. I also enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi 3 of the nights. Goes without saying… Video on my Youtube Channel. Thanks for reading.

Pros:
• Newer Lobby, Location
• Nice Staff and clean grounds and hotel
• Breakfast was included with room (Be sure to ask)
Cons:
• Rooms need updating (but still nice and comfortable)
• The breakfast hours should be about 30 minutes earlier for us workers (0700 Bistro Opened normally)

Marriott Gold Rewards Member
RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face the airport. Ask for top floor and away from elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for providing some great feedback! The lobby is very nice and the addition of The Bistro and Starbucks have been awesome. We are excited to say that our room renovation will be completed by October 10. That means our rooms will now look more like our beautiful lobby.

I am so glad that you has an oppotunity to eat in The Bistro. The BBQ Chicken Flatbread is a favortie of mine, too. We just started out fall seasonal promotion. The seasonal promotions highlight new menu items four times a year! My favorite for the fall is the Harvest Chopped Salad with Horseraddish Ranch Dressing. Not too much horseraddish, just enough to give it a little zip.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

A bit pricey.
Very friendly staff.
Average rooms.
Nice selection, and surprisingly good food at the bistro in the lobby (although $2.50 for a 20 oz. diet coke is crazy).
Nice little sitting area with coffee table books to peruse while sipping coffee (nice touch).
Modern decor is pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your great feedback! The new lobby is a great place to sit and relax. I am excited to announce that our room renovation will be complete October 10, 2012. We are looking forward to having the new touch in our rooms as well as the lobby.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Since all of the hotels near the downtown convention center were charging more than I wanted to pay for a hotel room, I looked into the Courtyard. I got a great price online, and I was very pleased to see that it took less than 10 minutes to drive to the hotel from the convention center. I was very pleased for what I paid for my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Patrick D, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I am glad that you were happy with the price that you paid and that it was convienent location for you. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indianapolis.