“updated LaQuinta not bad not great”

La Quinta Inn Indianapolis Airport Lynhurst
Ranked #109 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
grand prairie,tx
“updated LaQuinta not bad not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Remodeled Inn. Rooms are a good size. The neighborhood is OK. A number of fast foods chains within a couple miles. Good exercise room. Easy access to downtown. Good place to stay on a budget. We stayed there 3 nights and the rear door near our room was broken and covered with plywood the whole time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stay at La Quintas all the time so I know what to generally expect, and this hotel was way below standard. First, the room REALLY needed to be remodeled. There was a hole in the carpet by the door and the carpet in general was really worn looking. I brought pets with me and for the life of me I couldn't find trash cans outside to throw away their waste when I picked up after them. I walked around half the hotel in freezing weather to try to find one. The room wasn't very clean either. There was hot pink hair in the bathtub and obvious signs of someone trying to dye their hair in the sink. Also, the mattress was SO HARD that even my dog wouldn't sleep on the bed. Finally, they were out of forks and knives at the breakfast area and when I asked for a refill, no one refilled them. In general, it was just a poor experience. Try one of the other La Quintas in the area or a different hotel chain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Oakwood, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family recently stayed at this hotel because my daughter had to catch an early flight out of Indianapolis. I generally will not stay at a hotel sight unseen but I booked the room because there was a convention in Indy. I'm happy to say I used my La Quinta Rewards points for this room because if I would have paid I would have been upset. The only nice things I can say is the staff is excellent and the ROOMS were clean. The hotel was either built or remodelled in the early 90's and doesn't look like it has recieved any updates since. Although the rooms were clean the hallway to our room was very dirty. The hotel was very noisy from both people coming and going at all hours of the night and from the noisy refrigerator in our room. These rooms are good if somone needs a cheap place to stay near the airport. I will restate the customer service is excellent; when I filled out the online survey regarding my stay I did recieve an apology from the GM of that La Quinta.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. My husband and I found Plainfield which was a nice little town off of I-7...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We chose this hotel to spend the night during a cross-country drive as it was on our route and it was pet friendly. We were traveling with a large German Shepherd and it did not charge any additional fees. The room was adequate and for the most part clean. The front-desk clerk called our room upon our arrival to see if everything was alright. We informed her that the bathroom had not been cleaned adequately and she offered to change our room. It was not that bad so we decided to remain.

The hotel was OK for a cross-country stopover. There is really not much around the hotel. The free breakfast was basic but good. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. It was a good value for one night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Came into town for the BIG championship game (GO GREEN!). Easy to find, right off the expressway. MUCH cheaper than staying downtown. About 10-15 drive into town. Got a nice free waffle each morning before the festivities. Overall, no complaints. Clean and convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Breakfast was ok. Great location to the airport. 10-15 mins downtown. Not too much around. A moderately priced steak house and then a mom and pop Perkins within walking distance. Personally as a business man that travels it was ok, but will be going somewhere next time that's in a more lively area. But if you want a value stay, this is it. CONS: I thought the hallways smelled like cats. Pros: The van driver was more than happy to take and pick me up anywhere within a 3 mile radius.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business