“Disappointing Stay - Some Positives, Some Negatives”

La Quinta Inn Indianapolis Airport Lynhurst
Ranked #110 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Worth, TX
“Disappointing Stay - Some Positives, Some Negatives”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I recently attended a weekend business meeting in Indianapolis and this hotel was conveniently located to both the airport and meeting location. While the service was good, the condition of the facilities left me disappointed. The hallway carpets were stained and there was a slight odor. The hallways had great acoustics, unfortunately, as I could hear every door close and every conversation, even at 3 am. The room was clean and compact, with one of the smallest bathrooms I have seen in a US hotel - they certainly maximized the number of rooms they built.

On the positive side, the cost was very low and the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel shares a shuttle with another La Quinta located nearby; the wait time was what I expected when I called from the airport.

There are two restaurants right next to the hotel and a fast food sandwich shop across Lynhurst Dr. The breakfast was decent, although the selection was limited - the only hot choice was a waffle, with no eggs or breakfast meat. The breakfast hours are quite extended - begins at 4 am throughout the week.

Overall, I must rate this stay Below Average - a "2" - compared to other hotels due to the facility issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Westfield, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I did their park and fly option to save parking fees at the airport. Left the car in their lot while on a vacation. Lot was dark, no fence and no cameras. I did park under the only working overhead light. The passengers window was broken and my GPS (in glove box) was stolen plus some other small things. La Quinta did put plastic over the broken window but used packing tape which I now cannot get off the car paint. I was not notified about it despite them having my contact info. I just found it when I returned and unlocked the car. (they did tell me they let the La Quinta's corporate risk management know, but quickly pointed out they had no responsibility). Front office knew nothing about it, no date, no time. No forms were filled out. I was told a police report was filled initally but no one knows for sure. They do not have any copies of it. Front desk did call the manager (she was standing in front of me) at my request...but he told her, to tell me..."he was not available". Good Luck if you stay there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had to go to Indianapolis for a quick trip and we stayed at this hotel. They upgraded us to a suite and it was really nice. The room was clean and really quiet. The best part was the employees. Bianca was the sweetest young lady. She told us lots of places to check out while we were there and she and Kelly ( one of the other front desk ladies) chatted with our little girl. They made our stay very nice and I would recommend this La Quinta. It is close to the airport but I never heard any airplanes. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Staff was excellent, Kelly was awesome as well as the whole staff. Booked online for the first time for park, sleep fly, was flawless!! Room was very clean both times,Recomend resraunt next door,Indys!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

State College, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I would not stay here again. I just wanted an inexpensive place to stay for one night. It took 25 min for airport shuttle to come and it went to another inn first (not big deal). check in was easy...I was 2nd floor because I asked for quiet; no elevator. carpets stained; room musty; a/c noisy. Bed was ok but I didn't sleep well.Then I woke up to a cleaner in the hall yelling into her phone and swearing because co-worker had "called off". A few minutes later I heard her taking loudly with a co-worker, again swearing... over and over as they walked up and down the halls. unbelievable. I felt disconcerted, even threatened. I would have complained, but I was worried they would find out about it while I was still there and retaliate, due to the way they were talking about certain guests. On my way out I had to rush because the shuttle to airport (8min or so) left 2 min early!l

• Stayed September 2013