“Free parking...YEAH RIGHT”

Ranked #125 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Free parking...YEAH RIGHT”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Called and made my reservation on the phone and specifically told them that I would be parking my car there for a week. I specifically asked if there was free parking. Every time I talked to them they said "Yes, free parking". Get to the hotel...guess what...they want to charge me for parking! They told me that I needed to purchase the "stay and go" package...otherwise they're going to charge me $5.00/day for parking. My room went from $53.10 to $72.00+tax...a grand total of $92! HUGE PRICE DIFFERENCE! I was forced to purchase the room because it was already late and my flight left at 6 a.m. so I had to eat the extra cost.

Room Tip: They offer a 10% discount to Sams Club members. www.lq.com/sams
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Carcavelos, Portugal
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We went to Indianapolis to see Indy 500 and we totaly recommend this hotel. The hotel has a very good location next to Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Rooms are good, very clean and nice staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsPais
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Stayed here on a short overnight to avoid a pre-crack 'o' dawn drive to the Indy airport and to utilize their airport shuttle and "park & fly" room rate (or whatever the heck they call it). Front desk service was quick & efficient - both check-in & check-out - and shuttle (which stops at the other nearby La Quinta) also worked well; ~15 - 20 minutes to get to the airport.

Given the length of my trip, the rate on the room (w/parking privileges) was just a few bucks more than I would have paid for the cheapest long-term parking. Toss in the extra hour or more of sleep I got by staying nearer to the airport and it was pretty much a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, I left too early to take advantage of the "free" breakfast, but was able to at least get a coffee to go.

That's about all there is too report as about all I did was check in late, sleep and get up early to catch the shuttle.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank huntlawoffice
Kokomo, IN
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel was perfect for 1 night stay. We stayed here since we had an early AM flight out the next day. The room was clean, the staff helpful, the complimentary breakfast was one of the better ones we have seen and it was ready at 4am! They do offer a park and shuttle service to the airport but we didn't use this service. There is a resturant in the parking lot Indy Family Resturant. We ate there since it was close and easy. They give you a 10% discount if you show your hotel key. The food was good and fairly priced. The price to stay here compared to the other hotels in the area for our purpose, this was exceptional. I would stay here again on our travels out Indy International Airport!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I found this hotel very acceptable for a 1 night stay at least. The room was large and relatively clean, although the bathroom was tiny. It is a tad bit tricky to find as there is another La Quinta literally just blocks away and my GPS directed me there instead of to the correct hotel. The continental breakfast was also adequate and the breakfast area was nice and clean. It was not noisy as suggested by previous reviewers however we stayed there on a weeknight - it might be noisier on the weekends possibly. Overall, we had a fine stay for 1 night passing thru Indianapolis. Rate was also exceptionally good at $49 per night for AAA.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Stayed here Indy 500 weekend with 3 of my cousins. While not the worst hotel I've stayed at in Indianapolis, I'd never stay here again.

Started off with our room, paid for in full at time of booking, which was supposed to be non-smoking. Front desk informed us that non-smoking was just a request, and they were out of non-smoking rooms. No apology. Ick.

Room itself was just ok. Bathroom door lock didn't work. Slight smell of smoke, but not terrible. Beds were not the most comfortable. Towels worn down to nothing. And we found a bug in one of the beds.

Free Breakfast had little to offer. no fruit. Cereal, hard boiled eggs (a huge jar of them...how long were they there?), Orange juice was gone by 8:30am. They did have 2 waffle makers, both of which were dirty when we went to eat. Bagels were wrapped in plastic wrap, meaning they were kept day to day, not fresh. Ick again.

Noise was a problem. Thin walls! People talking in the hallway or next room sounded like they were right next to you.

Pool area was small, but clean. Staff was functional without being friendly.

Location was convient to the race track.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Defiance, Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2010

We stayed here in Aug of 08 for a trip to Florida. Had a good experience. Stayed again on Jan 30th for a flight to Vegas. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast is OK, nothing special. Just like everyone else's. Did the stay and go package to leave our car there. Upon check-in, they ask your flight time for next day and schedule shuttle for you. Staff is friendly and courteous. You are about 20 minutes from the new airport. On return flight, got into Indy about 12am. Called for shuttle, but was told they didn't have any at that time of the night. They call you a taxi to get you and take you to the hotel. They paid the taxi fee,and it took about 15 minutes from the time we got to baggae claim , called and got picked up. Wasn't bad at all. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple