“Typical Courtyard but amazing staff service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol

Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
Ranked #34 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Typical Courtyard but amazing staff service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is a typical Courtyard hotel with excellent staff service and modern amenities. No complaints. The hotel is in a good area with lots of parking. What made my stay was that I forgot my power cord for my phone and the front desk attendant lent me his own, personal cord for the evening. It was above and beyond. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
Annie M, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the great comments about the staff. We love what we do and are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the team. We look forward to your return to the city and the Courtyard at the Capitol.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel is not real fancy but is Very clean and the staff was extremely Courteous and helpful to our group of 8. We had gone there for the Nascar race Brickyard 400. They helped us figure out restaurants and the local scene leading up to the race. The rooms were extremely clean and well kept, showing a real pride of working there.Everything in the place was well taken care of without being over the top and everyone felt very comfortable during all aspects of our stay of 4 days.The only criticism is the 3 floor elevator is slow !! No real issue there though.. The location of the hotel was also very good with most things being within a comfortable walking distance the longest to downtown core was approx. 6 blocks ..

Room Tip: All Rooms seemed to be equally comfortable. No real " View " but clean. Felt very secure t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel is in a great area. My room was very clean and not dated at all. The issue that I have which is huge for me is that the Bistro has a big sign up during the day saying if you want a Starbucks go to the front desk and they will get one for you. I did that yesterday with no problems. The person at the front desk was extremely nice and made a coffee for me. I just went to get one today and was told by the front desk that the Bistro was closed and would reopen at 3pm and asked if they could give me directions to another Starbucks? I told them I was meeting someone in the lobby and could not leave and that the only reason I came to the front desk was because the Bistro sign says to go to the front desk to get a coffee when they are closed. She just repeated herself again that the Bistro was closed. Don't put up the sign if you do not want to walk a few steps from the front desk to the Bistro to SELL a cup of coffee to one of your customers!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 1 of 5 stars
Annie M, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We value all feedback and know this information will allow our hotel and staff to improve. We are very sorry that you could not get a Starbucks when you inquired at the front desk during your stay. Typically we do offer this service 24 hours a day 365 days a year. I hope you never experience this again at our property or any other Courtyard. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or additional concerns.

Kind Regards
Assistant General Manager
Annie Moskol
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great hotel, good location, we enjoyed our stay. Only thing that was odd was that at 9am housekeeping knocked on our door, we were still asleep so we didn’t open the door and they just came in. Other than that it was a good hotel

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel is generally okay. My room was fine, although a bit dated. The staff was pleasant and helpful. My room had a fair amount of road noise that came in through the window. The hotel is in a central location in Indianapolis. The hotel Internet was free and reliable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We value all feedback and know this information will allow our hotel and staff to improve. We are very sorry that you experience traffic noise during your stay. Being in a downtown environment lends to increased exposure of traffic and for that we are truly sorry. If you are a light sleeper the west side of the building on a higher floor is our best option for you. Higher floors are always better than lower floors as well. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or additional concerns.

Kind Regards
Assistant General Manager
Annie Moskol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

When paying for a night for a hotel room one would expect nice. My room was nice and furnished. One thing that aggravated me a bit was when I went to check in. I had a reservation ahead of time and they asked me for my card again. I told them I had given them my card at reservation time. At check out I paid cash and got my bill only to see a $20 charge on my card. I asked the lady what that was for. She said it was for condiments and incidentals. She said it will be placed back on my card in a few days. It was never put back on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
      Rooms
Findlay, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Good experience. No complaints. Walking distance to downtown activities. Also walking distance to IUPUI. Easy on site parking. Light breakfast available. Room clean. Staff exceptionally helpful. Would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business