“Good Hotel”

Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
Ranked #40 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great hotel, good location, we enjoyed our stay. Only thing that was odd was that at 9am housekeeping knocked on our door, we were still asleep so we didn’t open the door and they just came in. Other than that it was a good hotel

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel is generally okay. My room was fine, although a bit dated. The staff was pleasant and helpful. My room had a fair amount of road noise that came in through the window. The hotel is in a central location in Indianapolis. The hotel Internet was free and reliable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Annie M, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We value all feedback and know this information will allow our hotel and staff to improve. We are very sorry that you experience traffic noise during your stay. Being in a downtown environment lends to increased exposure of traffic and for that we are truly sorry. If you are a light sleeper the west side of the building on a higher floor is our best option for you. Higher floors are always better than lower floors as well. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or additional concerns.

Kind Regards
Assistant General Manager
Annie Moskol

Reviewed July 27, 2014

When paying for a night for a hotel room one would expect nice. My room was nice and furnished. One thing that aggravated me a bit was when I went to check in. I had a reservation ahead of time and they asked me for my card again. I told them I had given them my card at reservation time. At check out I paid cash and got my bill only to see a $20 charge on my card. I asked the lady what that was for. She said it was for condiments and incidentals. She said it will be placed back on my card in a few days. It was never put back on.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Good experience. No complaints. Walking distance to downtown activities. Also walking distance to IUPUI. Easy on site parking. Light breakfast available. Room clean. Staff exceptionally helpful. Would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great location to walk to downtown restaurants and social/sports events! Property is in good shape, but the real difference with this place is the staff. A special thanks to Carol, but kudos to everyone here - the customer certainly comes first here!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice hotel in a good location. Close to the canal and downtown attractions. A short walk to Mass ave. staff are very friendly. Check in was great and we were greeted with smiles and advice about the area. Room was outstanding. A must stay if you are in Indy.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel on the inside and out. Upon our arrival our check-in was very smooth with men in tailored suits helping us. Offering complimentary water, a snack pack of hershey kisses along with freshly baked cookies and water with orange slices offered in the lobby. After getting to our room the rooms were the most spacious I had ever been in and very clean. The carpeting and the wallpaper were a bit outdated but the rooms were very nice otherwise. I was shocked to see the samples of shampoo and conditioner were not your run of the mill cheap hotel shampoos they were Paul Mitchell. The coffee offered was actually decent coffee as well. The couch was uncomfortable however the beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel. The hotel sits a short walk away from the beautiful canal. I would without a doubt recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family