“Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol

Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
Ranked #43 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Columbus, Ohio
“Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

This Courtyard by Marriott is in a great location. It is walking distance to everything, but do so before sunset. The neighborhoods around the hotel are dicey. The hotel is safe and very clean. It is extremely contemporary. You are greeted by a very nice and friendly front desk staff. They are very efficient in the check-in process. They bend over backwards to make you feel welcome. The rooms are HUGE and quiet. I had Wi-Fi connection without a problem. The Bistro has every affordable food, which is freshly made. You can't do any better than his hotel in downtown Indianapolis without spending twice the rate. You must consider this hotel during your next trip to Indianapolis.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jenniferrichter, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Mr. Barnhart,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us. Regarding the area of downtown that we are located-- if you ever are feeling uncomfortable to walk somewhere and prefer not to drive we would be more than happy to arrange a taxi for you. Taxi cabs in the downtown area are $5.00 (may add an additional person fee) but they are very reasonable and quick. I certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My first impressions of this hotel were good. Location to downtown, modern and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I arrived late and had a busy business day the next day, I thought I’d be in high speed low drag mode and could wind down fast after a late travel day.

I needed to VPN into my work and check on some stuff. This hotel’s wi-fi was pathetic – took FOREVER to load a homepage. Second it would not allow any searches – went to an error page. Only if you type the address into the bar and would it take you to your website. So if you don’t know a specific website and need to do a search – it was hopeless. VPN into my work was also hopeless. Since I use a specific program to VPN I could not use their lobby PCs. I did go and use those, at least I could check my personal email, which was hopeless in my room due to this hotel’s pathetic wi-fi. The lobby’s PCs were just as slow and useless. So this hotel’s entire internet access for guests is – well very sorry. I was very frustrated. For what should have only taken me 20 minutes to check on took me 1.5 hours. And only then it was b/c it was shortly after midnight and I tried one more time to VPN and I finally got a connection. Still, I should have been asleep (or at least in bed) by midnight. So maybe this hotel has a certain bandwidth use, and after it’s used any users afterward are just out of luck. I have stayed and 1 star or no star hotels w/ flawless wi-fi so maybe this one intends to charge for any decent connection.

Then after a brief nap-I go to check for breakfast and it’s a pay for your breakfast sandwich. Pricier than it should have been for what it was. A continental breakfast would have been just fine given my needs.

$19.00 a night for parking seemed steep to me as well. I am unfamiliar with Indianapolis parking culture though.

I don’t know if I would stay here again. I need wi-fi to work as expected and flawlessly, unless there’s a catastrophe. Breakfast option was a dinger IMO too. Other than those two – nice hotel and friendly staff. Though they can do nothing about pathetic wi-fi when your there and need it in 5 minutes – the wi-fi decision probably comes from high level management –IMO.

Greetings,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.com. I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced poor internet service during your visit to our hotel. Please let us know if you are experiencing any difficulty and we are always more than happy to assist. Our parking cost is $19 per night, but out of all of the Indianapolis downtown hotels we are actually the least expensive when it comes to parking. Again, I am very sorry that we were unable to meet your needs during your recent visit. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Middleburg, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the 2nd time that I have stayed there in 2 months (just returned last night). Indy is a huge convention town and the downtown area is vibrant and always full of folks. This hotel is very walkable to the downtown district and is located by the capitol and other govt. bldgs. (hence the name). It is a quiet hotel and a smaller Marriott property but everyone there is just so nice and goes out of their way to help you. The best part of this is that there are a couple of cab companies in the area that offer $5 rides to downtown if you do not want to make that walk. I am female and walk most of the time from the hotel to downtown and feel safe in doing that both in the AM and PM (after 8). There are a ton of restaurants and Lucas Oil where the Colts play all within easy walking. Enjoy.

Room Tip: UPPER LEVEL and on the back side of the hotel that faces a parking lot..............
Dear Cynthia,

Thanks for taking the time to write a positive review on our hotel. It sounds like you had some nice visits to our property and I am so glad to hear that. If you frequently travel to Indianapolis, please feel free and contact me directly to make reservations. Thanks again for writing about the Courtyard at the Capitol!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here a month or so ago for a convention. Indianapolis is a great city for a convention. This hotel is a bit further from the convention center than most, but not at all too far. It is about a half to three-quarter mile walk to the convention center that you can actually cut a bit short by walking through the Sky Bridge at the Westin. Your walk is kind of cool too, as most is through the Indianapolis Capitol grounds. The hotel has been modernized. Although I didn't request it, I had a room on a lower floor and had the room that was as close to the breakfast/bistro area as you could get. It also backed right up to a major street. When I checked in, I thought noise would be an issue given those items. But, it wasn't at all. Noise was never an issue on any of the 3 nights I was there which spanned Thursday through Saturday. The only downside to this hotel are the food options. The bistro they have there is extremely limited in options. I'm used to other Courtyards having a light buffet or more choices particularly for breakfast. The quality was OK, as expected. Additionally, there are no food options that are in close walking distance. You can walk 0.5 miles or so to grab food and drink. But that's even a bit far if you're looking for a quick bite and don't have a car (which I didn't). There is a bar across the street that's pretty divey. They serve food but the quality was average to below average at best. It was a good place to have a drink and watch a game though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jenniferrichter, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. It sounds like you really enjoyed your guest room while you were with us, and I am so happy to hear that. I'm sorry that we were't able to exceed your expectations in the Bistro. Every couple of months we do refresh our seasonal items. Perhaps next time you visit you may find an item on the seasonal menu that you will love! Thanks again for your positive review on our hotel. If you ever need assistance making reservations, please feel free and contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel! Very clean, modern and in an easily accessible part of the city. Jason provided us with FANTASTIC service throughout the duration of our stay. Hotel is within walking distance to great food, bars and Lucas Oil Stadium.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Greetings,

Wow! It sounds like you had a very nice visit to our hotel. Thank you so much for your positive review! I will absolutely pass along the message regarding Jason's service during your stay. He is truly a star and an asset to the Courtyard Capitol team. Thanks again for reviewing the Courtyard Indy Capitol on Trip Advisor!

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've stayed at Marriott type properties exclusively for the last 6 years and I think this Courtyard is very nice and well kept! The Room looked (and smelled) great! Parking is a cinch. I will definitely bring the family here. Thanks to Jason for taking care of me and restaurant recommendations.

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and want to bring your family to our property. Also, thank you for the nice comment about Jason. He is an incredible part of our team-- I will be sure to pass on your nice comment to the rest of our team. When you come back to Indy, please feel free and contact me directly for assistance making reservations.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stay in hotels weekly, and pay attention to the little things -- greetings, offers to go the second mile, cleanliness, friendliness, professionalism. I love excellence when I see it, and my stay at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol was the best of the best. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear John,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. I am so happy to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Our goal is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel, and it sounds like we did just that. Thanks again for writing this positive review on TripAdvisor. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future!