Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
$195
JW Marriott Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
$259
  • Restaurant
All reviewscanal walkgated lotfront deskcourtyard marriotttypical courtyardconvention centerdowntown locationmonumental marathonbusiness tripcapitol buildingstarbucks coffeelate checkper nightwithin walking distancetwo double bedsnice poolwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel was convenient for location of large swim meet on IUPUI's campus. Location isn't very convenient for walking to many restaurants or bars. Breakfast was great at the bistro, just enough options. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, willing to do anything to help. One complaint is that the walls seemed to be very thin. I could ear full conversations of individuals in the hallways not speaking very loud.

Room Tip: pick one towards the end of the hallway where most foot traffic will not occur
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
jenniferrichter, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Erica,

Thank you very much for your feedback about the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. I apologize about the noise level during your visit, but am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and was able to dine in the Bistro. Our hotel is conveniently located nearby IUPUI's Natatorium, and it takes about 10 minutes to walk there from your guest room.
Again, thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor! We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend when traveling to Indianapolis for the NCAA tournament.

It's a fairly good location, about a 10-15 walk from the heart of downtown and the Lucas Oil Stadium where the games were held. It's pretty much a typical Courtyard, nothing fancy, but the rooms are clean and standard size. However, there are really no add-on amenities, and I feel that a hotel of this calibre should always have a free breakfast included. I actually prefer the Hampton Inn downtown Indy, but they were totally booked.

Overall, a decent place to stay that is fairly close to everything you need in Indy, but nothing special about it....and once again, the prices are fairly high for what you actually get.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Marsmadness,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your previous stay with us. I am glad to hear you had a nice time when you stayed at our hotel. With the addition of the Bistro to the Courtyards, it is true that breakfast is now a la carte rather than a complimentary breakfast, but we have many great options available. We also have a room package available where breakfast is included, offered at a rate very close to our standard room rate. Again, thank you for sharing your experience about the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol on TripAdvisor. If your future travel brings you back to Indianapolis, I hope to welcome you back to our property some day.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just checked out after staying the week for NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships. The rooms were great, very clean and roomy. The staff was amazingly friendly. Each one I saw was smiling all the time. The food at the Bistro was good and actually had a nice selection. Probably sounds silly, but I loved the luggage carts. They are super easy to maneuver. Being a massage therapist, I am often traveling with at least one table if not two, and these carts made it so simple for me. The only problem was the floors are very creaky, so you hear very step the people in the room above you make (maybe that was just in my room?). Of the Courtyards we have stayed at, this one is at the top for me. Really can't say enough about the staff - housekeeping, Bistro, front desk... all fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
jenniferrichter, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear melrch,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience on our TripAdvisor page! I am thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of our team. Our hotel is located just nearby the IUPUI campus, so commuting to and from the Natatorium won't take more than ten minutes to walk, or a very short drive. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was there on business for 10 nights is Sept. 2012. Great down town location with nice quiet rooms. Our company usually books the Residence Inn Canal but they were sold out by the time our travel was authorized.

From what I hear, the main difference is that the Residence includes more complimentary food options and cocktail hour, and we had voucher coupons for breakfast only here.

It has a small but fully functional workout room, nice pool, Starbucks, food voucher program and plenty of parking.

The Staff were very polite, professional and accommodating.

Enjoy :-)

Room Tip: Ask for top floor and near, but not on top of, the elevator :-)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. The nearby Residence Inn does offer a complimentary breakfast and social hour as they are geared towards extended stay guests. Our Bistro offers a variety of breakfast and dinner options available every day. It is also equiped with Starbucks coffee available 24/7 as well as a full bar. While you were in Indianapolis I hope you had some time to explore the city; many major attractions such as Monumental Circle, the Canal, and many museums are all within walking distance. If your future travel brings you back to Indianapolis, I hope to welcome you back to our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance making reservations.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This Courtyard where we stayed for 18 days is one of the best. The staff are always ready to help, the housekeeping is great and the meal options fine.

Tom, the housekeeping Manager - and sometimes Manager - deserves a special mention for his attention to detail and general willingness to assist in anything about the hotel.

Overall this was an excellent stay .. and the rate was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. Burt,

Thank you so much for writing about your excellent stay. I am thrilled to hear you both enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to share your comments with Tom and the rest of the Courtyard Capitol team. Also, I hope that while you were here on business, you were able to experience the city of Indianapolis. With the Canal just one block away, there is always something to do to escape from the stress of a busy work day. Again, thank you so much for sharing about your time at the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. I hope to welcome you back in the future; please feel free to contact me directly.

317-405-6233 direct