All reviewssocial hourfull kitchenwithin walking distancefront desk staffthe sofa beddirect accessparking feeindianapolis downtownsmall poolwhite river state parkfree breakfastwould stay here againhot tubconvention centerevening receptionlucas oil stadiumthe breakfast area
Reviewed April 14, 2018

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suit with a kitchen and were very pleased. Rooms are a little dated but they are remodeling but it wasn't a problem for us. Rooms were clean and the staff was wonderful and helpful. Breakfast is fine and included which is nice when traveling with grandchildren. They have a free happy hour Sunday through Wednesday which includes deserts. The location is to die for as you walk out the lower level right on the canal. A balcony also over looks the canal and is very peaceful. The only negative comment I have is that the indoor pool was very cold. The room was warm but the water turned our 4 year old granddaughter lips blue in a short time. Turn the heat up please! Overall this is a great hotel and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night and so did our friends while our husbands did an overnight endurance race. We brought the kids up from the pool to play cards and their hand held electronics to unwind for the night while my friend and I talked. We weren’t in the room an hour when we got a knock on the door. The front desk attendant, Amanda, asked if everything was fine. It was and we told her so. We were dumbfounded because we thought something was wrong and she was informing the guests. She said she received a noise complaint about the kids jumping and making excessive noise. Honestly half of her body was in the room as I assured her the kids were supervised and not doing anything wrong. She was really rude about it though the children and I and my friend were all very polite about addressing the issue that someone had with noise we weren’t making. She left and we had kids petrified to move then because they thought she was going to kick us out. Imagine how you would feel as a 7 year old kid with another adult coming to criticize you in front of your mother when you honestly weren’t doing anything.

Then she called less than 30 minutes later saying there was another complaint which honestly then I wasn’t as nice about. At that point we had our kids cut their time together short and put them to bed in their rooms because I didn’t want to have to hassle with this garbage anymore, because she told me she would continue to call our room til it stopped. We heard plenty of noise in the hallways and noises but it wasn’t so outrageous I had to call the desk. And many were after I put everyone to bed in their own rooms in hallways etc. Basic noises that you hear when you stay in hotels. They aren’t soundproof.

We stay in hotels 50 plus days a year always with our kids in all sorts of cities and areas for vacations and endurance events my husband does. They don’t jump on beds, run around unsupervised or act in any manner that would disturb other guests or show disrespect. I wouldn’t take them if they were because if you’ve ever traveled with kids you would know it’s not worth it. And as the woman from the front desk could see as she practically was totally inside her room the children were all seated and occupied. But she was really rude about it.

But there was a lobby full of adults with coolers drinking and being rowdy. Wonder if anyone checked on them and told them to keep it down? Anyone go tell the dogs allowed to stay in the hotel to quit barking or yapping which I also heard during our stay

Breakfast was a mess in the morning. They ran out of stuff which I understand happens but when it was pointed out politely could more be brought out they were very rude about it. One of the workers turned away a person who wanted to make waffles to clean up a mess. That makes sense, but she was rude about it and said I can’t have anyone near this waffle iron til I clean up someone else’s mess because they don’t know how to make waffles. Really? How about excuse me just a minute and let me clean this up so you can make your waffles.

Honestly the hotel was nice and well kept up. But I will not stay somewhere where rudeness and condescending attitudes towards the customer are acceptable.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Wonderwoman513
Reviewed April 1, 2018

The staff was excellent, informative and helpful. The rooms were clean, well furnished, and comfortable. Being right downtown, parking was not free but many things were within walking distance. The access to the canal was nice and it was a great attraction for filling in time by visiting sights. clearly above average.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Comforter was stained
Rim around toilet was dirty (black)
White blob on floor in front of bathroom sink
Garbage disposal was broken
Stains on carpet in hallways

Staff was friendly. Breakfast was ok. Have seen more of a selection at other Residence Inns.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Ryan G, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

KLMcHugh,

Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay. Please know that these are not common issues at our hotel but I will be certain to address your concerns with our team to ensure that these are rectified and do not impact others in the future. If there is anything that I can do for you to restore your confidence in our hotel, please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for providing your feedback so that we can make sure we deliver the best possible service both now and into the future.

Ryan Graham

Reviewed March 25, 2018

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn on the Canal. The parking lot is a bit tricky to find, but once you enter you're immediately greeted by a coffee bar and personnel at the check-in desk. Our agent must have had a long day because she kept yawning, but check-in was quick. The room was lovely. It had a separate sleeping room/bathroom, a living room/TV room, and a kitchen. The room overlooked the canal. The location is excellent; it's easy to walk to sights downtown as well as walk the canal and to White River State Park and the zoo.

Room Tip: Make sure your room overlooks the canal.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple