All reviews game room social hour full kitchen within walking distance front desk staff the sofa bed direct access room suite free breakfast indoor pool convention center white river state park would stay here again hot tub lucas oil stadium the breakfast area downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a two room queen with two adults and three kids and it felt like more space than one normally receives in a downtown hotel. Walking distance to good food since there's nothing on property. The staff is nice, amenities as listed, but showing some wear. No reason not to try but don't expect it to be the JW. Good. Note: window shade was ripped and windows were opaquely foggy.

Date of stay: July 2017
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Ed, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback so that we may continually improve the guest experience. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your overall visit, and we hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed July 17, 2017

This is considered an "extended stay" hotel, and I was only in town for one night. I don't think I could have chosen better. Very friendly front desk staff. Canal-side room on the lower level (some people might be put off by joggers, dogwalkers and peddle-boat captains going by the window - I loved it.) Clean & spacious, I felt quite pampered. There is easy access to the canal walkway, which is delightful.
The queen bed was very comfortable, with 4 nice cushy pillows. That, combined with black-out curtains, made for a great nights sleep. I utilized the coffee maker in the morning, as well as the free breakfast (my only minor complaint - the scrambled eggs and Canadian Bacon were not as hot as they could have been....)
Heck, I wish I was staying longer!

Room tip: Ask for canal side - unless you don't appreciate the traffic!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Pauline, Thank you for sharing details from your recent stay at our hotel. We really appreciate the five star rating and are so glad to read of your wonderful experience! We'd love to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

In addition to the description in the subject line, the best part - the super pleasant and nice staff.

Nice compact exercise room, pool.

Breakfast is very simple, and helps to avoid overeating .

Make sure to plan your meals as Residence Inn does not have a restaurant. You could get at the opposite side property Courtyard.

Overall a Great stay at Residence Inn.

Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Salil, We're happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel! Thank you for the 5 star review, and thank you for acknowledging our great team here on property as well. We'd love to welcome you again!

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

Great little reception of burgers, chicken, salad, watermelon and veggies after a long day of traveling! Asha at the front desk was sooooo helpful in answering all my questions and made sure my family had everything they needed!!! This is a great start to our time in Indy!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Nathan, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We're happy to hear it's been a great experience for you! We'd love to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has direct access to the canal walk that leads to White River State Park. It is also within walking distance to downtown. However, if you plan to relax in the pool you may want to book elsewhere. The pool is very small and was freezing cold.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Beachbum7282
General M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Beachbum7282, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a 5-star experience. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate department. I hope if your travels bring you back to Indy, you will stay with us so we can show you our desire to improve.

--Sarah B.