Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
Omni Severin Hotel(Indianapolis)
$145
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice residencemain elevatorsocial hourbedroom suitefull kitchenwithin walking distancebottom floorthe sofa bedeating breakfastfront desk staffdirect accessparking feeindianapolis downtownsmall poolswim meetchildren's museumwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Checked in yesterday and without exception every member of the staff we've encountered has been cheerful, professional and very helpful. The building itself is a little tired (and yes, balconies would have been a great idea), but the rooms are clean and quiet and you can't beat the location. The staff at the front desk has been kept hopping (LOTS of families here this week-end), but we've never had to wait too long for assistance. I'd absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience the Canal Walk

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2009

We found the front desk staff to be amazingly friendly; they greeted us whenever we returned to the hotel. The breakfast staff was equally friendly - one even offered to make a waffle for our teenager who was stil sleeping. Several museums were within walking distance. Our key card allowed a discount at Buca di beppo, which served massive quantities of Italian food. A couple could easily split a salad and entree and have food to bring back to the hotel to put in the fridge. This would be a great place for a family get together as there is a large common room on the lower level, canal side, which has a game table and a large seating area. We found the hot tub relaxing, with not too many chemicals. We will return, bringing family.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2008

The location is nice. On the Canal, in the city, but not right in the center of the busy part. The room was decent. We were given the wrong size bed but did not complain. A bit over priced, but I think the whole city was.
The pool and hot tube were closed duting my stay which was the biggest upset. Something I looked forward to, relaxing after a long day of traveling around.
They told us to go across the parking lot to the other Marriott, not convenient at all, especially in the rain and defeats the point of relaxing. We went anyway & the front desk laughed!
Breakfast was the best part! The really put out a spread!
Sucked to pay extra for parking ...

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I have stayed at many Residence Inns and usually love the chain. This one is terrible. The hotel needs updating and a very deep cleaning. Or better yet they should tear it down and start over. Our room was very very dirty. At first I thought that they gave us the wrong room and maybe the one they gave us had not been cleaned yet. Too many problems to name but trust me, do not stay here. There are plenty of nicer hotels in the same price range or other very nice Residence Inns not far from downtown. I can not figure out how this one is still in business.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank dc4168
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Although it has been almost 4 years since this review was posted, it's rating still affects current stay perception and the guest is still entitled to my sincere apologies. Our property underwent a $2,000,000 renovation earlier this year and has consistently ranked within the top 10-15% of the brand in many areas including housekeeping, arrival experience, and problem solution. I invite the writer of this post to contact me directly to discuss a future stay. I firmly believe in our hotel and our staff, and feel that one stay will exceed any expectations he or she might have. Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Katherine Boehner

Front Office Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott, Indianapolis on the Canal
317.822.0840
Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Reviewed August 12, 2008

My family stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown Indianapolis in July to attend Drum Corps events for several days.

The hotel property is on the edge of downtown. It is close enough to walk just about everywhere - 6 blocks to the mall, 6 blocks to the Convention Center, 8 blocks to the new football stadium. Walking seemed safe enough, although I was surprised how many panhandlers are in Indianapolis - probably 2-4 per block right downtown.

The hotel itself is a pretty standard Residence Inn. Our room did show some wear and tear in the kitchen and bath but was pretty clean. Breakfast service was fine, the indoor pool and exercise rooms were small but adequate. Guest laundry worked well and the front desk supplies detergent free of charge.

There were a few negatives - very slow elevators, spotty Wi-Fi service and a fair amount of noise from the parking lot. The hotel also charges about $15 per night for surface parking - in my mind, a bit high for Indianapolis.

Is it the best property in Indy? No, but it was convenient and provided everything we needed downtown. We stayed on points, but I'd feel OK paying up to about $130 a night.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family