“Excellent stay - definitely will be back”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
Ranked #37 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Michigan
“Excellent stay - definitely will be back”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

All of the staff members were extremely friendly and willing to help and not just employees who go through the motions because they're supposed to. The location of the hotel is excellent, as it is right in the middle of downtown and beautifully situated on the canal, which makes for a very serene feeling and pretty view. Breakfast offers many good choices and we enjoyed ours outside overlooking the canal, which was really peaceful and enjoyable. Our room was large, quiet, clean, and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay, and I will definitely go back to the Residence Inn next time I'm in Indy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the canal offer a great view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zepped8
ResidenceInnCanal, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I could not be happier to read that our staff was clearly not 'going through motions' but instead going out of their way to help accommodate your needs during your stay at our hotel. You are correct in that our location is beautiful, our breakfast is a lovely amenity, and our suites are spacious and clean, but the fact that our staff made a difference in your stay is what makes me to proud to represent this hotel. Thank you for your review, and I hope to welcome you back to Indianapolis soon!

Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We spent three nights during the Brickyard 400 weekend. Both hotel staff and quality of rooms were excellent. Other than the taxi to/from airport and the Indy Raceway, everything else we did was in short walking distance and the hotel is in great proximity to downtown restaurants, shopping, and nightclubs. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pernell P
The Brickyard 400 is, of course, one of the busiest weeks in Indianapolis and I am so happy to read that our hotel accomodated your needs! We are only a short distance to the Speedway while still providing the convenience of the hundreds of shops and restaurants that Downtown Indianapolis has to offer! I look forward to welcoming you back next year, and thank you so much for reviewing your stay!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I almost hate to share my secrets of all of the ways the staff at the R.I. on the Canal accommodates us! I don't want it to be sold out all the time! However, 2,500 points, is 2,500 points! We travel to the RI Canal on the Canal in Indy several times a year for swim meets. Most of the meets we participate in are prelims and finals. Vicki and the staff have always bent over backwards to accommodate us. This past weekend 7/26 - 7/28 -2013, the staff made sure all of the swimmers staying the hotel had a hot breakfast by 6:00 a.m. every morning, as the swimmers had to be on deck by 6:45 a.m. Normally breakfast is not served until 7 a.m. THANK YOU! This past weekend was also the weekend of the Brickyard 500 Race in Indy, which normally draws quite a loud partying type of crowd. The hotel made everyone sign a contract of "non-partying" so that the hotel was quiet for the swimmers who had to be on deck Friday, Saturday & Sunday by 6:45 a.m. The hotel was so quiet. We were not waken one time during the night or in the afternoon when my son was sleeping between prelims and finals. And it has been like this each time we have stayed at this hotel over the past several years. There are other things that the hotel accommodated us with, but I'm keeping that to myself, because if the word gets out then everyone will expect it and I'm afraid that they won't be able to accommodate us in that department any more! Thank you Vicki and Staff! Vicki, we will miss you!

Room Tip: any room is fantstic
Green Features: hotel has all practices that any hotel should offer
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I couldn't be more thrilled to read that we are your home away from home in Indianapolis. You are 100% correct in that the 'bending over backwards' nature of our staff is due in no small part to the guidance of our former General Manager, Vicki Wicks. While we are incredibly proud of her promotion to opening the new SpringHill Suites in Bloomington, Indiana, we are also excited to learn from our new General Manager, Kirby Brown, who I promise will continue to exceed your expectations! Swim Championship weekends are always a busy time downtown, but I am so glad to hear that our efforts to accomodate your travels succeeded. Again, thank you so much for your review, and please let me know if I can help with any future needs!

LAPORTE, IN
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a very well managed hotel with excellent customer service. Upon entry you are greeted and helped immediately by very gracious and helpful staff. The rooms are fabulous and very well decorated in a modern traditional style. Our room overlooked the canal and canal walk. The view was great. The room contained a full kitchen with new stainless steel full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and glass cooktop. The hotel also offers the service of getting groceries for you and stocking your kitchen. The hotel provides coffee and microwave popcorn supply in your room daily. The rooms come with a wonderful full breakfast each morning in the lobby overlooking the canal. Each evening there is a social time in the lobby with free food and refreshments. The pool and fitness rooms are very nice as well. The one bedroom rooms were very clean and well maintained and very spacious with living room, eating area, desk work station, full separate bedroom and nice bathroom. Being able to walk out directly onto the beautiful and relaxing canal walk straight from the hotel is a wonderful perk. The hotel is only a short walk from downtown, Convention Center, and the Circle Center Mall Whether you are planning a one day or one month stay this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the canal side and above the main floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Talk about a glowing review- might you be interested in a sales position? All joking aside, I greatly appreciate that you took the time to leave such a detailed review of our hotel. It sums up so many of the perks and amenities that we offer including location, decor, breakfast, evening social, and my personal favorite, staff service! Thank you so much for being so appreciative of your service and thank you again for reviewing your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Indianapolis!

Batavia, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Rooms are spacious, nice location for anyone who would like to exercise or enjoy the canal walk. Staff is friendly and accomodating. Breakfast area and food are both very good. I like the open balcony for outdoor dining. The after work reception has different items each day and makes a great meeting spot for guests.

Room Tip: Request a room with a canal view. Beware some are street level and people will walk right by your w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I could not be more pleased to read the title of your review- 'friendly and accommodating' seems to sum up the above-and-beyond nature of our staff. I also love to read that you enjoyed what seems like a lovely breakfast on our patio and that you even partook in our evening reception! Our canal view rooms are certainly crowd pleasers, and I am glad you enjoyed your high level room. If ever a guest would like to make a particular request, please, always feel free to call ahead of time so we can best prepare for your arrival. If it is a last minute request, we will of course do our very best to accommodate during check-in. Many of our guests do prefer high floor views for the canal views, but we do have many guests who prefer the canal level due to its convenience to the activities themselves. Either way, we are happy to know how to best serve you! Please let me know if there is anything else with which I may be of assistance, and of course, have a wonderful week!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The location of the hotel was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The main drawback for us was the Air Conditioning Unit. It started with a loud bang/pop sound and turned into a sandpaper crunching noise as the air was blowing. I did request service on the unit. I was offered to change rooms. The new room had the same loud bang which tells me the Air Conditioning system is not great. It would prevent me from returning to this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Firstly, thank you so much for reviewing our stay with us. I am especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff service and location. However, I would like to sincerely apologize for any discomfort experienced during your stay. It is always our goal to prevent such occurances, and our engineering team is committed to keeping our hotel in top shape. Please contact me directly for any further discussions, and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Indianapolis on a future stay- I'd be happy to take care of you myself!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel staff was awesome, room was spacious and clean. The breakfast area was clean and the food was great lots to choose from. I was able to have my breakfast on the desk over seeing the canal and read my newspaper.We had a great time and this is one of the best Residence Inn I have stayed at.

Room Tip: I choose the 4th floor facing the water fountain - - what a view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. Clean, friendly, yummy, and spacious- what more could we ask for? I'm so glad you enjoyed reading the paper on our patio. I agree that being the only hotel on the Indy Canal sure does have its perks! Please let me know if there is anything else with which I can help, including personally booking future reservations, and again, thank you!