“Great Location, Great Hotel, & Over-the-top EXCELLENT Staff”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
Ranked #36 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Evansville, Indiana
“Great Location, Great Hotel, & Over-the-top EXCELLENT Staff”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We came up to spend 3 nights for a short Spring Break trip. We have 2 young children, and we came up to go to the children's museum. I made my reservation, and I emailed the manager, Katie, to request a kid friendly room that was close to the pool. Katie exceeded my requests, and we had a GREAT time. The time in the hotel was a memorable part of our trip. We had a view of the canal (and ducks) from each window. My kids loved watching the ducks and seeing the water. We were close to the pool, too! They had board games to play, a pool table, and a Nintendo Wii. Lots of fun! Thank you Katie and staff for the over-the-top excellent service. WE WILL BE BACK! If you are looking for a downtown hotel, I would strongly suggest you come here.

Room Tip: For kids, pick a room on the lower level with a view of the canal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I wish I had words to describe how elated I am to read your review. THANK YOU for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for being so appreciative of your service. It was absolutely delightful to host your family over spring break and I look forward to your return- keep in touch!

Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Maryland
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was in town for business and stayed two nights in the Residence Inn. Overall, I was extremely pleased with the accommodations and the service. Didn't care much for the $19/day charge for on site parking, but otherwise, I can't think of any other potential negatives. I was greeted by Bryan upon checking in. He was friendly and helpful. One very cool thing about this place is that they offer free breakfast daily and a managers reception every evening that provides light fare and beverages. Nice touch! While I didn't take advantage of these offerings, they could certainly save one a pretty penny while on travel. I loved my room. So cozy and quaint. Nicely decorated and I love the kitchenette even though I don't use that either. One minor complaint though, I am a couch person. After a long day at my conference, I got to my room and wanted to relax on the couch. Wasn't happening. Hardest couch ever! Definitely need to replace those bad boys. The bed is extremely comfy though. Really enjoyed my stay. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd look in case you have busy bodies above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for both staying with us on your recent business travels and for taking the time to review our hotel online. I'm especially excited to let Brian know that he made a difference in your stay- we appreciate him too! I apologize for any discomfort experienced during your stay regarding the furnishings or parking charge. It may be worth mentioning that our parking charge is the lowest of the downtown Marriott rates- always a silver lining! Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back to the Residence Inn on the Canal soon.

West Lafayette, IN
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this property with my husband for a birthday weekend celebration, and we chose this hotel based on all the positive reviews. It did not disappoint. The Residence Inn is right on the canal in downtown Indianapolis, and the lower level of the hotel leads right out to the walking paths on the canals. This is a great feature because guests can stroll along the canals, which lead to nearby museums, public art, and even paddle boats.

The service at this hotel was fantastic! We were greeted warmly when we checked in, and we were given a very nice room on the top floor. The room was quiet and clean, and it had a great view of the canals. The 1-bedroom suite was spacious, and it had all the expected amenities of an extended-stay hotel, which we appreciated even though we only stayed a night.

Breakfast was decent, the shower had great water pressure, and we had a comfortable night's sleep. I would really recommend this property to visitors, and we would definitely stay here again. I just wish the hotel would offer some promotions, so the price would be a little more affordable, but it's a good value given the location and amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Taking any time at all to review a stay is appreciated, but to put such thought into all aspects of your stay is especially meaningful. We are proud to be the only hotel on the Indianapolis canal which offers so many activities for travelers, and our canal level is especially convenient! I hope that you and your husband enjoyed a spectacular birthday celebration and look forward to welcoming you back next occasion. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance whatsoever, including personally booking any future reservations!

Louisville, KY
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn on the Canal during the regional NCAA tournament. We were very impressed with not only the hotel but everyone that worked there! The area is beautiful and you could not ask for more in a hotel. Thanks to everyone for making our stay so great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I could not be happier to read the review of your stay with us. The NCAA Tournament was certainly a busy weekend in Indianapolis, and I'm glad that we could provide a comfortable home base for your getaway. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, and I hope you'll be back to visit soon!

Princeton, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I read several very positive reviews for this hotel before making my selection.. I chose it based on its pet friendliness since my dog was traveling with me, location (near convention center), and good reviews. I must say some hotels are what I would call "pet tolerable" however this hotel was truly pet friendly! When I arrived I asked for a quiet room and a best effort was given to insure my request was met. From the moment I checked in the front desk staff knew my name and my dog's name. The entire staff was very cordial during all interactions with them. I was impressed with the overall surroundings and cleanliness. I witnessed a member of management walking down the hall with a rag in her hand dusting the tops of the fire extinguisher cases as she walked along! My room was well appointed and very clean. I found the bed to be especially comfortable giving me a great nights rest. As expected this hotel lives up to and in some regards even exceeds what I have experienced and expect in a Marriott brand property. Thanks for a great stay I highly recommend your hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shane F
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Though I am saddened that you and your four-legged friend eventually had to leave us, I could not be happier to read your review. Our entire team pours our hearts and souls into making the experience at our Residence Inn on the Canal a memorable one, and it sounds as if we acheived our goal! I hope that you come back to visit- might I suggest this summer? I know he'd love a long walk on the water! Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you, including making future reservations, and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

You feel like you at home here. The front desk personnel know your name and make sure that all your needs are meet and that you are satisfied. The rooms and suites are clean, well equipped and comfortable for an extended stay or a brief one. This is our 3 rd stay and we will continue to return.
Dinner at night is complimentary M-Th.
Nice full breakfast every morning.

Room Tip: Rooms that are suites have fireplaces, beautiful on the canal. Wouldn't stay on LL because of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for both taking the time to write a review and for reviewing so many key points. We try every day to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel that we can possibly be, and I am delighted to hear that our efforts made a difference in your stay. I especially appreciate your input as you are a repeat guest- you firsthand know how that makes you royalty in our book! Thank you for continuing to visit us when you are in Indianapolis and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a "night away from kids" experience. The staff was super nice, professional, and helpful - especially Victoria and Brian S.!!! The hotel was clean and updated and we're very picky! The only negative is the walls seemed to be paper thin..so much that I heard the sound of snoring - not coming from my husband. We could hear conversations and bathroom noises as if they were in our very own room. Overall though, a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
I am elated to hear that our hotel suited travelers as "picky" as you and your husband! We live and breathe the mission of providing the cleanest and friendliest hotel, so reading your review which mentions both is absolutely music to my ears. Front desk agents Brian and Victoria will especially be glad to see their good work hasn't gone unnoticed, so thank you for going out of your way to provide feedback. I do, however, apologize for any disappointment faced regarding our physical structure. We try to minimize discomfort for all of our guests, but of course, any interruption to sleep is less than ideal. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this further. I hope we can welcome you back on any future trips to Indianapolis and again, thank you so much for your review!