“Lovely rooms, good location, helpful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal

Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
Ranked #39 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Delaware USA
“Lovely rooms, good location, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Here for just one night but would have been content to stay several days. Large comfortable room with kitchen and sitting area. Great breakfast with hot items. Canal location is very pleasant for walks. Just a few easy blocks walk to Monument Circle. Would stay again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill K
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. In just a few sentences you mentioned many of the components that help our success in Indianapolis. I sincerely hope that you return for a visit and would be happy to make any future reservations myself. Thanks again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My friend's and I came up to Indianapolis for a bachelorette party and to see the Colts game.

Even with the hotel at full capacity, the staff was friendly and could serve our every need. We were able to upgrade to a larger room when an opening came available, and the staff was perfect in their handling of the move.

Brittani was especially friendly, and helpful in giving us advice on where to go to have a good time during the bachelorette party. She even gave us passes to one of the bars. She even made sure we had a great time when we came back in that night and the next morning.

Breakfast on the patio that overlooks the canal was very nice.

Comfortable and affordable rooms. Clean from top to bottom. Location isn't as close to nightlife as other hotels, but still within walking distance, or a very inexpensive cab ride.

Only complaint would be the cost of parking - $19.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Patrickjmartin
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I cannot express how gratifying it is to hear a guest review the Residence Inn as a "perfect" hotel, and hope to see you back with us on your next trip to Indianapolis. Please contact me directly for any future reservations or discussions, and thanks again for staying with us!

Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have just finished a 6-month stay at this hotel while dealing with a medical issue. It couldn't have been better. Every staff member, from the moment you walk through the front door, treats you like family. We have been so spoiled. Thanks to everyone for making a difficult time so much easier. Our next visit will be just for fun!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonnie S
Thank you so much for reviewing your extended stay with us. I hope you know that we all genuinely enjoyed having you here, and though we're so happy that you have made it home safely, please don't forget to visit soon! Please contact me directly if there's anything else that we can do for you, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Indianapolis.

Nathalie, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We reserved via phone while about 15 minutes away on I-65. Before we got to the hotel we were all set. Katie at the front desk made teh difference in this stay for me. Her professional friendly service was what everyone should expect but sadly is forgotten at so many establishments. Based on this visit I would highly recommencd this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: no room service but there is breakfast in the morning and it was above average for the typical chain...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It was such a joy to host you during your travels, and I genuinely hope you'll return to Indianapolis for a bit of a break. Please feel free to contact me directly for reservations or to offer any other feedback. I so appreciate your review!

Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed here twice recently on business and had great experiences both times. It is very clean and the rooms are perfect, with full-sized refrigerator, microwave and stove top. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The manager's reception was perfect for dinner, since I
was working, I didn't have time to go out. The breakfast was fine--not the best, but good enough. I have recommended the hotel to some of my colleagues and they were very satisfied with the hotel also. Will always stay here when I come to Indianapolis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I could not be more pleased- not only did you take the time to review our hotel, but you returned to see us recently! Our only hope is that our service speaks for itself to ensure all of our guests want to return, and your recommendations are the highest compliment we can possibly be paid. Thanks again, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss anything futher.

Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff are so friendly (you can tell that they are super well trained to focus on customers!). The Happy Hours are a nice touch and the food both nights that I was there was good and could easily serve as dinner. The breakfast was not as good to me as other reviewers stated, however it was fast, complimentary, and filling. The only negative (a fairly big one!) was that my room was not cleaned after the first night. I put a "do not disturb" sign on my door at about 10pm and removed at 830am when I left for the day. When I got back around 5pm or so, the room was not cleaned yet (that happens sometimes) and I left again only to return at 10pm to an uncleaned room. I had plenty of towels, and nothing was really dirty plus I wanted to go to bed so I did not call housekeeping. I am not sure what their check system is, but it failed for my room.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnCanal, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. The feeling of being home is exactly what we try to exemplify here at the Residence Inn. As far as your housekeeping issues, I sincerely apologize for any disappointment in the Marriott standards that we work so hard to uphold. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly. I'm glad that enjoyed your stay and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Indianapolis!

Paxton, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just returned from an overnight stay at the Residence Inn on the Canal and we had a great experience. We were greated with a smile and warm welcome from Cheri, and she was more than helpful directing us to the places around town we needed to go. When we checked out this morning.

The breakfast was very good and not just bagels, pastries, and yogurt like several other chains that offer a complete breakfast with your stay. There were eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, make your own waffels, and several other options. We made sure to eat early, (before 8) to avoid an over crowded last minute rush later. When we walked by toward the end of service it was beyond packed.

Free parking was a big plus. The pool and spa were nice, but it was a very small area. There were about 8 chairs (no tables) for anyone who wanted to supervise their children swimming to sit, however it is very likely that you will be splashed if there a few kids in there. They even had a lift to assist with anyone who is in a wheel chair and would have trouble getting in or out of the pool. Across from the pool they had a game room that is equiped with a pool table, poker table, and a t.v. You can step out to the canal from the game room and feed the ducks with duck food they offer for free at the front desk. This was great for our 5 year old. Ducks even ate right from her hand!

We were there at a very busy time. It was Black Expo Week, and we were warned when we made the reservation that it would be busy all over the city. I was glad for the warning but was in no way prepared for how croweded the city actully was. Not once during our stay did I feel like the hotel was over crowded. The pool was pretty much empty any time we were in there, and I don't think we heard one guest from our room.

The room was very spacious for only being a studio. there was a full size fridge and freezer, small cook top, microwave, kitchen sink, dishwasher, dishes, flatware, cooking utensils, and anything you would need for a long stay and wanting to save some money on eating out and cook afew meals. There wasn't an oven though.

We did have a couple of issues which is why I only gave this place a four. The elevators are SLOW!! Especially in the morning when housekeeping is using them to get their carts to the floors they need. We also had the handle on the inside of our room door pop off. This didn't happen until the end of our stay so it wasn't that big of a deal and we were sure to tell them at checkout. The linnens to the sofa bed were stained which was off putting but we were able to live with it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review of our property- I especially appreciate being able to commend Cherie for a memorable guest experience. I specifically remember your door issue and am happy to report that our engineers took care of it that very day! If there is anything that you would like to further discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you back in Indianapolis!