Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
JW Marriott Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
  • Pool
All reviewsnice residencemain elevatorsocial hourbedroom suitefull kitchenwithin walking distancebottom floorthe sofa bedeating breakfastfront desk staffdirect accessparking feeindianapolis downtownsmall poolswim meetchildren's museumwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a swim meet. The location was perfect. Within walking distance to IU and other downtown destinations. The room was very spacious and well appointed. The beds were great and it was awesome to have a kitchen. The pool/spa area was very well maintained and provided some much needed relaxation. The morning breakfast was hot and fresh and very convenient. Lastly, the staff could not have been friendlier. Every time we entered or left the hotel, we were greated. Thanks to Vicky, the hotel manager for EVERYTHING!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 10 consecutive nights starting on the 5th Dec 2011-16th Dec 2011. I LOVED it!!! For the value, the rooms were VERY nice! Good full breakfast every morning plus a small meal at night(usually not too impressive, but free beer). Some of my friends stayed at the Courtyard across the street for the same price and didnt get nearly the same benefits. All the rooms have also been recently remodeled. It's about a 3/4- 1 mile walk to bars and restaurants downtown, or a $5 cab. If you're staying on business for an extended period, I would highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have stayed at this property many times over the last 10 years. It is located on the canal, and is within walking distance of many amenities. You can take a scenic walk, or cab very quickly to any destination in Indianapolis. My favorite part of this hotel is the fact that the people are very friendly, and it is very clean. The price is right, and the breakfast is provided. I would also like to compliment the availability of parking. If you have to park a large vehicle, it is very affordable. I routinely take large and small groups to this hotel. The staff will remember you and treat you like a celebrity.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you stay on floor 2 or above. If you are doing a social gathering, it is nice to stay on the canal level, but if you are wanting a little more privacy, stay a little higher.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The Residence Inn on the canal in Indianapolis is a hotel which upholds the Marriott standards, please be advised that they will be going through a remodeling starting 11/01/11. The rooms are fine but a bit outdated, have flat screen TV’s and all the necessary kitchen items. The breakfasts (which are included) are very full and family centered. The location on the canal helps make it accessible to several museums and sites. Also it is near the bike and paddle boat rentals. The pool was just the right size and it has a small hot tub. They also have a pool table which was fun to teach my daughter and she could not leave the table. The staff were great, it was late Friday and we had just come from a show (see report on Mind Tripping) I wanted some milk, and the closest convenience store was 8 blocks away, the desk staff went into the kitchen and gave me 2 cartons, no questions asked. Earlier that day, I had to do a conference call for work, and my family took a nap, when I came back in, they were picking out some snacks at the hotel snack shop, the desk staff did not have a local map of the canal area; I had found one on the web and shared it with them, and he gave my family their treats for free (quid pro quo). The only down point was the $17/day parking. The lot is gated and they give you a card to swipe as you go in and out, but $17 is a bit much. The location is great for many sights and touring, don’t forget to shop websites for the best prices.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We loved being on the canal, very relaxing hearing the sound of the water. Loved the fact the windows opened! The staff are fantastic, extremely friendly and helpful. Tlo top things off, we were provided dinner and wine on Wednesday and Thursday night as well as breakfast. Very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere!!

• Stayed: September 2011