“Decent”

Ranked #104 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
New Port Richey, Florida
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Friendly staff and decent continental breakfast but hotel and the room had musty smell. Killed a couple spiders but overall was pretty clean. Was a guest with others so not sure how much they paid but if it were up to me, I would spend the extra and go next door - Marriott seemed much cleaner and nicer. Nice pool, gift shop, restaurant, and bar in the Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Heidi R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Russell Springs, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

The rooms are always clean and in order. The staff always treats me like a special person. The breakfast is always delicious. Owner knows me by first name and always takes time to talk with me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of Victory Dr.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Leston G
Lyme, CT USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Traveling with a small (even a well behaved dog) makes finding a place to stay for one or two nights very challenging when you are on the road. What a surprise at LaQuinta Inn Indianapolis East. When we asked to see the room first (due to a poor experience at another hotel earlier in our travels), the gal Vida at the desk was extremely accommodating. The room was charming, the bedding attractive, and since we asked for a suite, we had the small refrigerator we needed as well as a microwave. The room was spotless, the bedding wonderful, and towels as white as snow. The breakfast in the morning was basic but well set up and once again everything was clean and orderly. The morning staff was also friendly and helpful. The price for us and the dog was very reasonable. Thank you La Quinta Inn Indianpolis East for doing it well and making travels with "Harley" enjoyable for us.

Room Tip: A large Marriott Hotel right next door was great for an evening bite to eat at the newly renovated r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adeeandy
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Room was nice, clean and spacious. Hotel was very busy with all hotels in the area being filled to capacity for an event. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shari C
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Our first room reeked from stale smoke. They quickly changed our room.
The breakfast menu was very limited. Did not eat any of it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

My room is 114. The room was clean and internet was solid . However staff in this hotel seem have no sense of service.

I took a shower before going to bed in the night. There was only 1/4 water came from shower and the rest kept flowing through the tap. Thinking that I only spent overnight and it was late, I finished my shower with a kind of high temperature due to less water came out. Then I heard the alarm in my room ringing loudly. I asked help from receptionist and she said it was because of too much vapor that the smoke alarm detected. The hotel engineer came to fix it. I asked why only my alarm rang but not others , the female superivsor with long hair said probably only I used such high water temperature for shower. Seemed that I brought her a lot of trouble. If the shower system works well, will the alarm ring?

By the way, breakfast in this hotel was horrible and no staff replenish if no guest asked. Will stay away from this E. 21 st. La Quinta.

Room Tip: If you have dog traveling with you, you may not have a good room. Try to avoid RM114. Shower doesn...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Daisy X

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for a big swim meet this past weekend for 3 nights. We had the king suite (rm 201) reserved. When we got there about 1/2 hour before check-in, the room wasn't ready, so we ate at Red Lobster. I have to tell you, as I told the front desk person, I almost bolted on the reservation right then! The building is run-down looking, and I just got a bad vibe.

That being said, because of the state fair, a triathalon, and this huge multi-state swim meet, rooms were in short supply in the city, so we checked in. Our suite was very nice, no smells, clean, spacious and well laid out. It is conveniently located to restaurants and a shopping mall (Washington Square). You also have access to the amenities at the Marriott next door, which has a nice pool area and patio. The breakfast was good, too. Overall a good stay!

Room Tip: Recommend room 201, on the end of hall, no noise!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family