“Poor service, horrible breakfast” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indianapolis Conference Center Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Indianapolis Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #105 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cleveland, Ohio
“Poor service, horrible breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

My room is 114. The room was clean and internet was solid . However staff in this hotel seem have no sense of service.

I took a shower before going to bed in the night. There was only 1/4 water came from shower and the rest kept flowing through the tap. Thinking that I only spent overnight and it was late, I finished my shower with a kind of high temperature due to less water came out. Then I heard the alarm in my room ringing loudly. I asked help from receptionist and she said it was because of too much vapor that the smoke alarm detected. The hotel engineer came to fix it. I asked why only my alarm rang but not others , the female superivsor with long hair said probably only I used such high water temperature for shower. Seemed that I brought her a lot of trouble. If the shower system works well, will the alarm ring?

By the way, breakfast in this hotel was horrible and no staff replenish if no guest asked. Will stay away from this E. 21 st. La Quinta.

Room Tip: If you have dog traveling with you, you may not have a good room. Try to avoid RM114. Shower doesn...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Daisy X

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for a big swim meet this past weekend for 3 nights. We had the king suite (rm 201) reserved. When we got there about 1/2 hour before check-in, the room wasn't ready, so we ate at Red Lobster. I have to tell you, as I told the front desk person, I almost bolted on the reservation right then! The building is run-down looking, and I just got a bad vibe.

That being said, because of the state fair, a triathalon, and this huge multi-state swim meet, rooms were in short supply in the city, so we checked in. Our suite was very nice, no smells, clean, spacious and well laid out. It is conveniently located to restaurants and a shopping mall (Washington Square). You also have access to the amenities at the Marriott next door, which has a nice pool area and patio. The breakfast was good, too. Overall a good stay!

Room Tip: Recommend room 201, on the end of hall, no noise!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank scorpio5
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

Would not recommend this hotel at all. Walls are paper thin. Entire place smells like cigarette smoke, even the "non-smoking" rooms. We had to check out after one day because the smoke smell made my husband's asthma act up. Then to top it off, they charged us for the 2nd day, even though we checked out before noon which we were told by the front desk staff we wouldn't be charged because we had checked out before noon. We ended up getting 2 rooms at the Wyndam which cost the same but were much nicer!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Middletown, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

Came with a soccer team - was one of the few hotels that we had to choose from. The hallways in many places smell bad. Some of the rooms that people had also had bad smell. Ours did not, even though it smelled bad in hallway. Kids ran to lobby from our room without shoes on - carpeted the whole way. Their feet were black when they came back. The hotel allows pets. There was a dog show and guess what was barking on and off all night and early morning. The walls in the place are paper thin. I could hear the man in the room next to us going #1. Hallway noise is just as bad in the room as people walk by. The indoor pool is located at the Marriot. Would choose the Marriot in a heartbeat! Breakfast was pretty good. Biscuits, gravy, waffles, yogurt, etc. The only problem was that the clerks were also the breakfast servers and had to do double duty. Coffee ran out quite a bit and sometimes food was scarce until someone alerted the clerk to problem. Staff was friendly and tried to keep up with all requests. Staff friendliness was the best part of the stay. Not a nice area - other guest had car broken into and things stolen. Many other better choices nearby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

Hotel in Indianapolis with NO SPEED CHANNEL.
Breakfast area is so small.
Hallways smells bad
Room was clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

Possibly horrendous stay was saved by great front desk clerk named Natasha. First room I got smelled like armpit. I tried for 30 minutes to sleep there, but then I got freaked out thinking that my clothes and I would emerge the next morning smelling like armpit, so I asked to change rooms. Desk attendant apologized and promptly changed rooms for me. So thanks, lady! The hallways smelled of smoke. The second room I got was fine. No problems. But that first room... it shouldn't be released to a traveler even a third world country. Location of hotel very convenient to city and highways. Denny's and Steak & Shake next door was nice too.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
Green Bay, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2008

We stopped here on our trip to North Carolina this year. The hotel is OK but does need some repair. The front desk clerk was great and funny. She took good care of us. The room was clear but smelled a bit. Otherwise the stay was ok.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family