“Bad hotel”

Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis
Ranked #116 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 29, 2012

First of all, there is a bad smell all over the hotel. I do not know if it is smoke (the hotel claims to be non smoking) or mold, or both, but the fact is that the annoying smell is there.
Best Western claims to have complimentary ammenities for guests, but when I asked for a toothbrush, there isn't any.
In my second night at the hotel, I was woken up at 2:00 a.m. by a calling from the front desk, to "check if the room was vacant"!
But the worse was yet to come. The folder in the room states that the weekend breakfast was up to 10:30, but the hotel staff informed us that the time changed to 10:00. Anyway, about 9:00 the buffet ran out of orange juice, cheese, yogurth and other things that were not supplied again, even with the complaintes of the guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcelo L
Debbie S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

I am sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. We are in the process of updating our Hotel carpets and guest room directories. Please call us directly if we can assist you in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My girlfriend, and I was in town for the Black Expo. We arrived early noon, and checkin was not until 3:00, but we were immediately accomodated. The lady at the front desk was very nice and polite, She led us to an available room. regardless of the time of check in. That was no more a factor. The room was very neat, and inviting, the bed was also very comfortable. So far so good, but I must mention the fact that the hotel was on a smaller scale that I was used to, in a hotel. I have never stayed in a hotel without an elevator, but given the size of the hotel, it was somewhat understandable. I myself quickly got use to the idea, of no elevator. My friend and I wanted a weekend just for us ladies, we didn't want to spend a grea deal of money. so the hotel fit our budget completely. I have nothing but good things to write about the Best Western, the distance from our entertainment was very far, but that was not the hotel' s fault.
We enjoyed the breakfast, as well as the very polite staff,I would stay there again, but I would need my own mode of transportation, the cab fare was not to be desire, but very pleasant and enjoyable experience. The city was very exciting, and the people was so very nice and helpful, and the cab drivers were also polite and one special cab driver we had on our final trip to the bus station, will alway be remember for his extreme kindness. Yes, I will be back agin for the next Black Expo, 2013 here we come. Thank-you Best Western, The weekend was awesome!!

Room Tip: In the summer alway check the AC.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your nice comments. It is a pleasure to encounter guests that have enjoyed their stay with us and happy to announce it! We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Firstly, there is no elevator. We had to lug our luggage up to the second floor. The girl at the desk didn't offer any help. She was cold and not a help. There was no computer available for our use. We asked for pool towels and she replied they had none; othyer guests at the pool HAD towels. A little boy was urinating by the pool. When we were walking out the door, not even a goodbye. I will never stay at thgis motel ever again.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobhyzen

I am sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us. I can assure you your situation is not typical of our staff and can't explain what happened. Please accept our apologies and we hope to see you again.

Regards

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I arrived in the early afternoon for a 10 hour stay this place has an ideal location with ample room to park trucks restaurants within walking distance..this is an older hotel but is well kept it appears to have been recently remodeled...no complaints...I will be back when in the area again..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Debbie S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback! We hope to see you again on your next trip through Indianapolis.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Nightly rate was $78 including taxes. Had a king bed, microwave and refridge, coffee maker. The breakfast bar was just fine. No need to go out to a cafe. Room was very clean and quiet. I've stayed a lot of these Best Westerns and have not had a bad experience yet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Debbie S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your recent comment! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This property is located right off I-465 on the east side of Indy. Rooms are decent and clean but could use some updating. Be aware, too, that there are not a lot of restaurant choices in the area. But, for a good stay while on business on the east side, this property will suit your needs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Debbie S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Ms. Debbie,

Thank you for your comment we appreciate your response to our survey. I'm sorry you missed out on some really nice Restaurants within 2 miles of the hotel. Perhaps on your next visit we can suggest some nice restaurants, some within walking distance. We hope to see you again.

Debbie S.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We have stayed in this motel a couple of times, and it has always been good. A large motel, but friendly staff and large, comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Debbie S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you for your response. Our goal is to provide excellent service and accommodations. I'm happy we have exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again in the future.