All reviews fashion mall highway side mini fridge large flat screen tv sitting area the hotel staff oatmeal stay there again business trip the breakfast area front desk staff free breakfast restaurants and shopping very nice stay next morning rooms are spacious fitness room
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Our extended family of 8 stayed at the Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone for a baseball tournament at Grand Park. The location was great as it was only 20 minutes from the ball diamonds and within walking distance of a fabulous mall. There were many fun restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast buffet (no extra charge) was delicious. There was great variety that would please many palates and taste options. Everything was fresh and appealing. We enjoyed access to Starbucks drinks 24/7 at no extra charge! The service was outstanding. All levels of staff greeted everyone every time they entered. They were constantly asking if we needed anything. Everyone from the manager to the housekeeper kept everything tidy. The staff were always looking to see what needed to be done. In particular we enjoyed the services of: Lastanna (Bar); Derisha (AM); Hali (AM front desk); Mike (PM front desk) Ms. Lynn AGM. The only thing we could have used was access to a washer/dryer for ball uniforms! We look forward to staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
StephenHyatt317, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Q8749CVsuzannec,

Wow. Wow. Thank you so much for the amazing review and for the shout-out recognition of our associates! I'll be sure to pass your very kind words on to them as it's sentiments like yours that keep our spirit to serve going strong.

If I sat down and planned out a guest's stay and thought about all the points I'd like to ideally hit upon, I think the ultimate goal would be a review like yours. It makes me very happy that we were able to deliver on the product and service so well for you. Next time we'll figure out a way to get those uniforms washed. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble. See you next time you're in the Indy area, and thanks again for the very kind words!

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Rooms are outdated and need updating. Location of tv is terrible. Ceiling is peeling and there was mold present in bath room shower. Staff was please take but front desk was vacant when we arrived. Highway noise is very present.

Joel M B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review. We definitely have some work to do in that room upon hearing your feedback. Sounds like this room shouldn't have been in our inventory to begin with. I'm apologize for that. We want our product and service to shine, not just to pass, let alone fail (which sure is what we did in your case). I hope that you will give us another chance to make it right. We'll definitely be working hard to get there in the meantime.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Evening staff was not happy about being at work. Hotel is pricey for the quality. Breakfast is a very typical contenental breakfast. There are better hotels in the area for the same price. Probably will not be back .

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

V6836CPalex,

Thank you so much for the review. It's evident that we were not at our best the evening of your stay. That's on me and the rest of the management staff. Sounds like we needed to be better motivators for those guys that night... to really have them excited and enthused, ready to be passionate about serving. I've got some work to do. Thank you again. I definitely know that you have a vast number of choices in the area and that they all will value your hard earned dollar. Count us in that group as well. Based on your last experience, I definitely wouldn't blame you if your next Indy stay wasn't at the Hyatt Place. I do hope however, that our paths do cross again and we can really show you what we can be like when we're on our game.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Hotel can use some updating. Pool was nice.
was a little surprised at check in of what the front counter was like and right next to the bar area. Maint person was there flirting with the front staff, not the best professionalism. The room was a good size as advertised, but you can tell it was dated. This was my first time in a Hyatt Place, and may be my last if they are all like that. I generally stay in other Hyatt brands. Our Coffee maker was broken and when i told the front staff about it, they were sending someone right up- but never got a new coffee maker. The fridge had a smell to it, and didn't get cold until we left. may have been something wrong with the dial.i moved it to turn it off then back all the way cold.
The location was in a good place, close to shopping and food in either direction. right off the highway as well.
this may be the only time I come here unless it gets some updates.

Theresa W,

Thank you so much for the honest review! We obviously are always looking for ways to improve on our product and service and you've definitely given us a nice place to start. Sounds like we dropped the ball in the room condition portion of that particular space. We'll address this ASAP. I hope that you do give us (or another Hyatt Place property) a shot in the future. We'd love nothing more than to be able to prove to you (and ourselves) that we can provide the product and service that lives up to both of our expectations.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

hotel is nicely situated for attending the 500 - desk staff was not so helpful in my issue with changing the departure date which Orbitz had already settled with them - breakfast was good - noise from adjoining room was disturbing for an entire day and night but the hotel staff did, I believe, speak to the occupants after 11pm. Not so sure I'd return here. My first stay a few years ago was a much better experience.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

maureenc280,

Thank you so much for the review. I am so sorry that our front desk team couldn't/didn't easily fix the issue with your departure date. Sure seems like an easy fix to me. I'll be sure to address it with them tomorrow to see what the thinking was on that. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast, and I hope that you had a blast at the race. I hope that you give us another shot at meeting the expectations that you had from your previous years' stay. We know we can be that good (or better) the next time.