“Keep this one to yourself!”

Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
Ranked #24 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We frequently stay at this hotel when in Indy for special events we don't want to drive back home for. Great location, next to upscale mall, every restaurant you can think of is 10 min away. If you were going to start a hotel, send your staff to this one for training in customer service. ALWAYS ultra concerned with what they can do to help. Rooms are large, great space if you have kids with you. Morning breakfast is good. Even though it is next to I465 you don't hear it. We usually are in the front of the hotel and never hear it at all. My only concern is if more people know about this hotel, it will be full when we want to stay again! So keep this to your self! I would highly recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the south side, but we haven't had a bad room anywhere.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

I'll keep this short, so as not to attract too much attention to it :-) (ha). Just wanted to say thank you so much for your kind words and experience-description. Very much appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Have stayed in Hyatt place hotels before and this meets expectations. Breakfast was a good start to the day, large selection. Rooms offer space and comfortable beds. Malle nearby is upscale and large. Will stay here again. The staff asked about our day and seemed genuinely interested.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back...very soon :-).

Sincerely...Thank you very much for the kind words. They're much more appreciated than you would ever think.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have to say that all the reviews about excellent customer service are spot on. We had a group of 10 stay here for a night when we had to travel for a funeral. They offered our group use of a meeting room at no charge so we could order pizza and spend time together that evening. They provided us with plates, silverware, hot tea and napkins. The staff truly went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The rooms are also amazing, with a large couch and comfortable beds and pillows. It is located right near shopping and restaurants. Overall, this was a great stay and I will definitely look for Hyatt Place in other cities when traveling. The staff should certainly be commended for their amazing customer service!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you so much for your compliments. We all truly appreciate it.

Please be assured that I will pass along your great comments to the entire staff so everyone can share in the accomplishment.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel is updating its switchboard, so their are "issues" in that regard. If your message light repeatedly blinks, it may be that the phone needs a new battery. Internet access was simple, and unlike at the downtown hotel, FREE. Parking was out front, and a security guard was present in his car in the lot, and, unlike at the downtown hotel, FREE. We like oatmeal for breakfast, and toast, and bold coffee, and it all was FREE. The barista at the Starbuck's bar, made custom coffees. The fitness center lacked a mat, but the Hyatt allows a mat to be borrowed at the Front Desk, for FREE. In addition to all those amenities, a few minutes away, there is the one-and-only (though, of a chain) Seasons52. All in all, a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street. All the rooms have an ongoing noise from the heating system in...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay (especially the lack of nickle-and-diming which we really feel is a difference-maker).

Again, thanks so very much for your great comments.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. :-)

Thanks,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The hotel is nice for its price range. Room had plenty of space. Decor is nice, simple and modern. Cleanliness was a 3.5/5 for me, though many hotels do not match my obsessive compulsive urge to clean so I always keep disinfectant spray and wipes with me just in case. I found dust in the small squares of the vent, strands of hair in the drawer where the hair dryer is kept, and some sticky residue on one of the handles to open the curtains. Nothing too major but I didn't want these findings to go unsaid. Location is good, especially great if you're in town to do some shopping.
The main reason I enjoyed my stay at this hotel is because of the customer service. I booked my stay through a third-party website for two nights. When I placed the booking I didn't realize it was for the wrong nights - booked for Wednesday night and Friday night. I wanted to stay for Wednesday night and Thursday night. All rooms for Thursday night were already booked, so the third-party website had automatically made the booking for the next available night. On this particular booking through the website with this hotel, it specifically said no refunds on cancellations, no shows and re-books. I called the customer service line for the third-party website to ask about this policy and their representative told me that my hotel has very strict rules on refunds and fees and that getting my money back would not be possible. The representative could not stress enough that this was not their fault, but the hotels.
I went down to the lobby to tell the attendant about this issue and he told me that they would be happy to refund my money if the third-party website would be willing. I called the third-party customer service line back and quoted the attendant. Not to make this story any longer than it needs to be, the third-party website really was out for what they thought would be an easy scam. Happily ever after, I got my money back. Thank you to all of the helpful and friendly staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tamjgwun
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thanks for your positive review.

I'm happy to read that everything worked-out w/ your reservation. I expect nothing less from the staff I work alongside w/. They are the very best! Most assuredly.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed one night over a weekend. We were in town to see a show. Hotel is close to an upscale mall with lots of restaurants. The room was very nice and quiet. It was a large room with a couch, desk, wet bar, and small fridge. Breakfast was good in the morning. Overall, it was very clean and a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thanks so much for your very positive score(s) and response.

Moreover, I really appreciate the great description of our location/area and all of the benefits therein :-).

Thanks again and we hope to see you again very soon!

Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I will be forever grateful for the kindness shown by this hotel staff. We were staying overnight for Christmas shopping and received a call at midnight that our daughter was being taken to the emergency room. As we checked out, hotel staff, Josh, immediately took care of checkout and showed kindness during this very fearful time for us. They also refunded our hotel charges due to the circumstances. Will definitely return and will be forever grateful for the kindness shown. Thank you Josh and Hyatt Keystone!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tsgrimes
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am so sorry that the situation arose regarding your daughter and I hope everything turned-out okay.

Regardless, please be assured that we will recognize Josh for his outstanding efforts in taking care of the situation the right way. Our way.

Again, I appreciate your kindness.
Thanks,