“Customer service made the stay.”

Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
Ranked #25 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Customer service made the stay.”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The hotel is nice for its price range. Room had plenty of space. Decor is nice, simple and modern. Cleanliness was a 3.5/5 for me, though many hotels do not match my obsessive compulsive urge to clean so I always keep disinfectant spray and wipes with me just in case. I found dust in the small squares of the vent, strands of hair in the drawer where the hair dryer is kept, and some sticky residue on one of the handles to open the curtains. Nothing too major but I didn't want these findings to go unsaid. Location is good, especially great if you're in town to do some shopping.
The main reason I enjoyed my stay at this hotel is because of the customer service. I booked my stay through a third-party website for two nights. When I placed the booking I didn't realize it was for the wrong nights - booked for Wednesday night and Friday night. I wanted to stay for Wednesday night and Thursday night. All rooms for Thursday night were already booked, so the third-party website had automatically made the booking for the next available night. On this particular booking through the website with this hotel, it specifically said no refunds on cancellations, no shows and re-books. I called the customer service line for the third-party website to ask about this policy and their representative told me that my hotel has very strict rules on refunds and fees and that getting my money back would not be possible. The representative could not stress enough that this was not their fault, but the hotels.
I went down to the lobby to tell the attendant about this issue and he told me that they would be happy to refund my money if the third-party website would be willing. I called the third-party customer service line back and quoted the attendant. Not to make this story any longer than it needs to be, the third-party website really was out for what they thought would be an easy scam. Happily ever after, I got my money back. Thank you to all of the helpful and friendly staff!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tamjgwun
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thanks for your positive review.

I'm happy to read that everything worked-out w/ your reservation. I expect nothing less from the staff I work alongside w/. They are the very best! Most assuredly.

Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Michigan
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed one night over a weekend. We were in town to see a show. Hotel is close to an upscale mall with lots of restaurants. The room was very nice and quiet. It was a large room with a couch, desk, wet bar, and small fridge. Breakfast was good in the morning. Overall, it was very clean and a good experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your very positive score(s) and response.

Moreover, I really appreciate the great description of our location/area and all of the benefits therein :-).

Thanks again and we hope to see you again very soon!

Happy Holidays.
Vincennes, Indiana
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I will be forever grateful for the kindness shown by this hotel staff. We were staying overnight for Christmas shopping and received a call at midnight that our daughter was being taken to the emergency room. As we checked out, hotel staff, Josh, immediately took care of checkout and showed kindness during this very fearful time for us. They also refunded our hotel charges due to the circumstances. Will definitely return and will be forever grateful for the kindness shown. Thank you Josh and Hyatt Keystone!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tsgrimes
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am so sorry that the situation arose regarding your daughter and I hope everything turned-out okay.

Regardless, please be assured that we will recognize Josh for his outstanding efforts in taking care of the situation the right way. Our way.

Again, I appreciate your kindness.
Thanks,
Reviewed November 16, 2013

First time I been to Indy and was on a business trip stop over onto to New York. I wasn't expecting much as I recall it was very cheap hotel costs. But too my surprise the hotel room was large, very neat, clean and very tidy. It's no 5 star hotel, but it also wasn't trying to be which made it very comfortable. There a small lobby and a cafe and breakfast Buffett on the side. Even though it was quite far from the airport, felt like about a 30 min drive, the hotel was located close to really nice large shopping centers and restaurants.

Only minor complaint was It was near a very large motorway so at night I could hear traffic, and also the air conditioner though effective was quite loud but constant noise.

The best thing about this hotel is large rooms, 2 beds, and a small lounge.

Definable y recommend to stay and one of the best budget hotels I've stayed and puts some higher starred and more expensive hotels to shame.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing or backing onto the large motorway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank OzDiner
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your positive feedback.

We definitely appreciate it and I will share w/ the rest of the staff.

California
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I arrived for a business trip on a Saturday night to see 5 teams of soccer players running throughout the parking lot and hotel lobby. I was really worried I would have a noisy evening but was pleasantly surprised when I didn't. I had asked for a room based on previous reviews on the side facing the parking lot, not the freeway, and was not disappointed. I kept the heater on so the fan noise kept what little noise there was out, but it was really quiet regardless. There were some issues though during my 5 night stay. The first, the 24 hour dinner service choices. My co-worker and I ordered salads which were supposed to have cranberries and artichokes. It had neither. It had raisins instead. It was tasty but not what was advertised. My second issue had to do with the hard mattress. Next was with housekeeping. They did a great job, however, I came back to the room on two occasions after getting out of work early at 3 p.m. and they still hadn't managed to clean it yet. And lastly, although the breakfast was good, it was same thing every day. Egg and bacon sandwiches and french toast can get a little old. I did really enjoy my stay there regardless of these issues and would highly recommend it and definitely would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rrqueen
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments...and in the future (I'm just thinking out loud now)...if there's anything you'd personally prefer for breakfast...just please reach-out to any staff member and we'll make it happen.

As always, our #1 focus and commitment is our guests' experiences. Above all and nothing else.

Thanks,
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our trip to Indy over the past weekend. This place knows what great service means. It is difficult to find places that provide great service but this place knows how to do it. A few days before we arrived we received an email from the manager asking if we need anything in our rooms to help with our stay. We explained that we would have a baby in our room and would need a place for them to sleep if they had anything. When we arrived at the hotel there was a crib setup for us in our room. We also asked if they had a microwave that would be available which they did also.

The only negative I had with this hotel was the first day we were there during breakfast. While we were at the hotel there was a youth soccer team staying at the hotel. During breakfast all the players for the soccer team came down to eat breakfast and took all the seats to eat. This really was no big deal because there was another room where we were able to do. Only to find out that the soccer team had that room reserved as well and we were kicked out of there after a short period of time.

I understand that the soccer teams were guests as well and they had just as much right to the facility as we did, but if the soccer team was going to use that room for their meeting then that is probably where they should have been required to eat in their reserved room so the rest of the seats were available for the other guests.

Overall this hotel was incredible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Eric H
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thanks for your response and great rating.

I understand your frustration w/ the soccer teams and their occupation of all of the Gallery breakfast seating...and I'm sorry that the timing didn't work out for you to be better accommodated.

Please know that we sincerely do everything we can to make sure that the experiences of "non-group" guests are hopefully as perfect as those of "youth sports groups" (for example).

We'll continue to work on implementing creative ways to show proper hospitality to EVERYONE.

Columbus, OH
Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you have a room (odd numbered) away from the highway, then it's peaceful. However, the rooms facing the highway have a lot of road noise. The rooms have a large couch in them as well as a desk, which makes it nice for conversation. The tv swivels so you can watch from the bed or couch. The breakfast is nice and there are complimentary USA today as well as Wall Street Journals. You can borrow a yoga mat and weights, as well as a curling iron and a steamer and more. Sadly, the toilet/shower area is small and you need to walk past the toilet and turn your body sideways to shut the door. The rates were very reasonable.

Room Tip: Odd numbered room (those are away from the highway)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you sincerely, for your positive review and comments.

In addition, I want to express my gratitude for you mentioning our "Borrows" program which enables guests to borrow a number of items they may have forgotten in their travels...like yoga mats, steamers, high-powered hair-dryers, etc.