Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
Ranked #27 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I often travel to Indy but this was only my second stay at this hotel. II chose this hotel because of a low nightly rate this month but I was very disappointed. The rooms have not been well maintained. I'm not sure which was worse - the gurgling and bubbling plumbing every time a toilet is flushed somewhere in the hotel (all night long) OR the I-can-only-imagine-what that was splattered all over the bathroom door and door frame that had somehow been missed by housekeeping! Several years ago this hotel was renovated by Hyatt. However it was badly renovated with a few high end touches - granite countertops, big screen tv, etc. Definitely not worth saving a few bucks.

• Stayed: November 2012
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

I'm sincerely sorry for your poor experience at my hotel. I have no excuses and offer no rationalizations as to why the room condition was unacceptable. All I can do is honestly testify to how hard the property is working on getting each and every room properly deep-cleaned and well-maintained. In addition, I would ask for you to please contact me if, and when, you're in the Indy area again so we can discuss retribution and offer proof-positive to our entirely committed efforts.

Again, I apologize for the problems you recently experienced and would humbly, gratefully appreciate an opportunity to make up for it. I anxiously hope to hear from you in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here two nights for a conference being held at the hotel. The room was a mini suite (reminded me of Springhill Suites) and had a large flat screen TV. A terrific complimentary breakfast was included. There were fresh baked cookies at the front desk each night.

The rooms were clean, the staff helpful and courteous, and it was a most enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Just a quick note to sincerely Thank You for your positive comments. We all appreciate any and all encouragement...and the staff and I will indeed celebrate your succint & most-appreciated words, first thing tomorrow! :)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed there for business. Very clean room, awesome complimentary breakfast, quiet rooms, very friendly staff. I really enjoyed the big screen tv and the fact you could wastch the tv from bed or from the large couch area. The only thing i wasn't a fan of was the room service food i recieved.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments and feedback. I will share w/ the entire team and help all celebrate our little successes. In addition, I will follow-up w/ our food-service and production regarding your poor experience w/ the food you ordered.

Thanks again for taking the time to make your positive thoughts known. I truly, truly appreciate it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My first time in a Hyatt Place Hotel. Best option if you are in a business trip in Indianapolis (north). Excellent location just walking distance to the Crossing Keystone Mall, plenty of restaurants and shopping options. Very Good service, excellent room, comfortable, very well maintained, warm decoration, huge LED screen with a lot of channel options. Bedding was just excellent!! Breakfast (included) is very good, tasty, with different options. Starbucks Coffee options in site and the Best Wi Fi service I had experiece in a business hotel.
It will be my hotel for my future trips to Indianapolis. The only negative thing in this hotel is that they do not have room Service...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your positive comments. Please believe that I will share them w/ the entire staff...who all take great pride in everything we do.

Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've stayed at The Hyatt Place at Keystone at the Crossing 4 times in the last 2 years. I've not had any bad stays.I used to be a Marriott fan, but haven't stayed with them since discovering Hyatt Place. PARKING is FREE and CLOSE to entrance. ROOMS are SPACIOUS and COMFORTABLE with convenient ammenities such as FRIDGE, FLAT SCREEN, COFFEE. I've never paid attention to whether my room was on the North or South sides, but it has always been QUIET. I've never been interrupted by housekeeping. They ALWAYS RESPECT the Do Not Disturb sign. Twice, I've ordered the HOT BREAKFAST instead of the continental and it was SATISFACTORY. Didn't mind the price since I get reward points for every dollar spent. Bathroom is small, but not a complaint for me as I always stay alone. The ONLY thing I wish this place had was an indoor pool or hot tub. 2 of my 4 stays were in the winter, so an outdoor pool is useless around then. HOWEVER, the hotel does offer access to the fitness gym nearby which offers FREE HOT TUB/POOL ACCESS TO HYATT GUESTS. I've never used the service though, but plan to when I return this fall/winter.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thanks so much for your positive comments and encouraging feedback. The entire staff and I genuinely base all of our plans and actions around guest satisfaction. Each and every one of us...share the same goal...to exceed our guests' expectations.

Thanks again for your motivating words. They'll definitely be shared and celebrated.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

If you have stayed in a Hayat place before this us what you would expect.

Cons- it sits near the interstate and that can interrupt your search for a zen state.

Very small bathrooms.

Air conditioner is noisy and creates humidity. ( ours was tempormental. Too hot then too cold and then loud when we were sleeping.)

Pros- good location

Very clean

Well thought out breakfast that thankfully isn't waffles and toast. Real silverware and plates!

Modern and calming decor.

Friendly staff, helpful but not obtrusive.

No major problems. Clean, comfortable and exactly what you expect from the chain.

• Stayed: October 2012
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thanks so much for your review. I really appreciate your feedback and always utilize any and all information I can...to better improve the hotel and its offerings. I apologize about the temperature controls, size of bathrooms and highway proximity. Please believe me, when I say that we're working on solutions to any and all weaknesses we may display. It is my mission in life...to ensure 100% guest satisfaction!

Thanks again for your input. It is very much appreciated and always helpful.

Most sincerely,

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a night and was delighted! Hyatt Place is now my go-to business lodging, replacing the Hampton/Hilton Garden. The general manager emailed me BEFORE I arrived to let me know he was available for special requests. Nice touch! Warm brownies awaited guests when they checked in. The room featured a giant flat screen, nice king bed that was comfortable, and all the makings of a fine room. It was nicer than most. Definitely stay here. A little request; the Eco toilet paper is crap (pardon the pun). It serves an portent purpose but comes up lacking (tmi....but watch out ladies). Other than that, excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thanks so very much for your encouraging review. I, and the rest of the staff, appreciate the comments immensely. I will bring your toilet paper recommendation to the attention of our brand managers. And I totally agree w/ you regarding its importance! :)

Thanks again,