“Great hotel with no extras expenses.”

Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
Ranked #26 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Great hotel with no extras expenses.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

What a refreshing change from the norm of Internet charges and parking fees. The room was spacious and the area great for shopping and restaurants. My only knock was the absence of room service. There was a small cafe downstairs with some snacks and light sandwiches.

• Stayed September 2012
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks so much for the positive comments and encouraging words. My staff and I, judge our guests' opinions and feedback as the ultimate litmus test on how we're doing and rightfully consider nothing as important, than what our guests think.

We all appreciate the kind review and hope to see you again very soon.

Tim Whitehead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I attended a conference with about 50 colleagues, and the organizer selected the Hyatt Place at Keystone Crossing for the group's stay. This group had stayed at other Hyatt Place hotels for previous conferences, so we (and I) knew what to expect. Like the other Hyatt Place hotels where I have stayed, this one is clean, well staffed and comfortable.

I shared a double room with a colleague. In addition to the two beds, there was a large couch (with sleeper bed inside), a desk, and a mini-bar area with a small sink and refrigerator. The couch area was convenient for other to visit and talk. The bathroom sink is outside the toilet/tub room, which was convenient for the two of us.

There is a large TV in the room. While we didn't watch much TV, one feature of the Hyatt Place hotels is a connection panel to attach a computer or other device to the TV. In previous stays, I have used these connections to share videos and other media.

There is free Wi-fi in the hotel. I accessed a streaming video feed a few times, and it was able to keep up.

The hotel includes breakfast. It was great having fruit, yogurt, cereal and two kinds of breakfast sandwiches available. This is much better than a loaf of bread and toaster like some hotels offer. It actually tasted good.

The hotel has two conference rooms. The smaller one is rather small. It would hold a table and maybe 12 people before it got cramped. The larger room was also smaller than other Hyatt Place conference rooms I have seen. The hotel literature says the room can accommodate six tables of eight people. No way. We had 45 chairs set up theater style and it was tight.

The hotel is near the Fashion Mall at Keystone Crossing. There are lots restaurants in the immediate area, but if you don't have a car, be ready to walk. The closest restaurant is 0.5 miles from the front door. It's an easy walk if you are able. There are many more shopping and eating areas with a few miles as well.

I like the Hyatt Place hotels in general, and this one did not disappoint. I gave this hotel a 4 only because I reserve a full 5 for truly outstanding experiences. I would stay here again. (CS)

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side face the highway. Ask for south side if traffic noise bothers you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thanks so much for your informative, intelligent and thoughtful review. We all genuinely appreciate your positive comments and encouraging insight.

Maybe next time we'll get that "5 out of 5"!

It's definitely what we're working toward, what we aspire to, and where we'll eventually be.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I try to stay at a Hyatt Place whenever I can, there are two near Indianapolis and this one is by far the better choice. There are so many great restaurants near by the other location you have to drive a bit to find something decent. I like Hyatt Place even more now that they have upgraded their breakfast options, there is always a sandwich choice and waffles, this is a big step up. I did notice the bathroom in my room was getting a little worn and could use to be updated. I'm sure I'll be back next time I'm in town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thanks for your positive comments.

Please know that we're currently, laboriously, focusing significant resources on ensuring our bathrooms don't detract from the rest of the room. This is an on-going initiative and I assure you, we'll be complete soon (and moving on to a new thing to improve).

I appreciate your feedback and please know that it's both deeply internalized and immediately acted upon.

Thanks very much,
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hyatt Place was a clean, updated hotel, with good Highway access, but in the back 50 of a business parking lot. Lots of shopping and Restaurants within walking distance or a quick drive. Pool is decent although kinda right in the parking lot. Fitness room was better than average. WiFi intermittent. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bjgdb8
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
I'm sorry that your hotel experience was average, at best. To the entire hotel staff, that's indeed, utter failure...as we do nothing less than strive to exceed anyone's and everyone's hotel experience expectations.

I'm sorry you found our location disconcerting and our pool location questionable. I wish I could do something about that....but unfortunately, there are certain things out of our control. I can tell you that I am searching for possible landscaping solutions to make our swimming pool more inviting, aesthetic and appealing.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again,

Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very nice, newer, and clean. Staff was very pleasant, Hyatt Place is our new "go to" motel when we are on the road. Pleanty of choices for food within 5 minutes, "high" end shopping mall., close by to everything in Indi.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your encouraging words. Indeed, please count on us to be your go-to hotel, when in Indy.

Please feel free to contact me directly at any time, if you should need anything. Truth be told, I'll be contacting you before your arrival (as long as your email address is present on the reservation), as I send a "welcome" email to all possible guests before their arrival date.

Regardless...thanks again. Your comments are indeed, very much appreciated.

Thanks,

St. Joseph, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Actually I stumbled upon this hotel through Hotwire. We got a great rate for the hotel but as with some of these deals, we had no idea what we would find when we got there.
Arriving at the hotel we were totally pleased. The hotel is clean and current. The staff was nothing but pleasant every day we were there. The rooms were great suite like with a living area and sleeping area. Only complain in the room was the toilet and shower area was very small...but thats not even really a complaint.
Free smaples of amazing chocolate chip cookies were on the counter when we arrived. The lobby offers everything from complimentary breakfast (which was busy but stocked well each morning), to a full bar, Starbucks coffee, appetizers, etc...
The pool was great! It is outside kind of in the parking lot but it is in the back so it's private. The staff keeps it SO CLEAN! Water temps were perfect... a great palce to chill and soak up some sun!
Wrapping up... Hyatt Place gets eight thumbs up from this mom/daughter group. Our girls even had their first martinis there.. epic!

If you are in indy for business or pleasure Hyatt Place Keystone is a superb option!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 2nd floor. Not sure there are any rooms better? No real view for enjoyment unless...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback. We take these reviews very seriously and review them as an entire-hotel-staff, to use as both a pat-on-the-back, as well as training tool.
Everyone will be thrilled to hear your comments.

Thanks, and hopefully we'll see you again if you're ever in the Indy area.

Columbus, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

When the manager was notified that a bedbug was inound in my colleagues room he placed her in a new room and assured her that a professional would be there that evening to inspect her old and new rooms for bedbugs. This was at 4:30pm, we went to dinner and returned around 7pm. After returning we asked to speak to the manager again. We asked if anyone had came yet ir if he knew the status of when tgey would be arriving. We were assured someone would be there that night no later than 8pm. NO ONE EVER CAME! We didn't have the funds to stay somewhere else so we did a thorough check of the room the best we could. The next morning the day management had no idea of the situation! So the previous manager had no intention of doing anything about the issue! The rooms were also very dirty, hair on the bathroom floor and in drawers. I will NOT be staying at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Andrea B
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I'm terribly sorry for what appears to be mis-communication. The night manager did indeed call the professional pest elimination company once informed of the alleged bed-bug, and conveyed what was told to him.

Unfortunately, they did not arrive until very early the next morning. After inspection, no trace or sign of bed-bugs was visible or trackable. The problem occurred with the communication between night and morning managers and we should have been much more militant in our communication with our guests. Again, I apologize for this oversight.

In addition, I indeed apologize for the cleanliness of the bathroom floor and drawers. It's comments like this which are valuable tools to help constantly revise what to focus and re-focus on, continually. Again, I'm very sorry for the condition encountered.

Finally, be reassured that no bedbugs or sign(s) of bedbugs was found after thorough, professional inspection and investigation. I'm sorry you were inconvenienced by your colleague's experience. If you'd like to discuss this situation further, please feel free to contact me at any time.