“Good hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton
Ranked #112 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Swayzee, Indiana, United States
“Good hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We waited to long to book our hotel for the State fair, and this hotel was the only hotel availble within our price range. It was a clean hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores in the area. The one thing I did not enjoy is the fact that if there is a kitchen item you need, you have to go to the front desk to get it. Also, we were there for 4 nights and each night we had to take our dirty towels to the front desk to receive clean ones. The king size bed we had was very comfortable and we had enough space for 2 air mattresses and we still had room to move around.

Room Tip: We had several coolers and suit cases to carry in...being on the first floor really helped.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Kimberly - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that you had to go to the front desk for kitchenware, our staff members should have delivered them to your room. We will review your feedback with our staff and make sure your experience is not repeated. We are very happy to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and relaxing stay though.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY VERY CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. STAYED HERE WHILE VISITING FAMILY IN INDY AND I WAS VERY PLEASED, The price was great, u never know what u will get with an extended stay , they exceeded my expectations, and going to breakfast at the Golden Corral across the way was a great way to start out the morning they evern gave us a discount to eat there. I will be staying again this weekend when I come into town for a wedding. Rooms are very clean location is great book your next stay there and have no worries!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kemisha815
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and found us to be a great value.

Thank you again for your kind words. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

If you have stayed at more than one extended stay hotel, you know that they differ as much as night and day. They all provide a cook top, a refrigerator, and a studio apartment type of room. But, some are much cleaner. Some are well kept. This is one of the better ones. My room is clean. Walls were painted recently so it looks nice. Bed is newer so still firm and flat. Flat screen TV is a nice addition. Pat at the front desk was very nice and helpful. So everything is just a little better.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and friendly staff, especially Pat. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

like all Extended Stay Americas, the place is clean, the help friendly and the furniture sparse and basic. However, light sleepers might have trouble here. The walls are thin or something. You can easily hear the people in the next room so you are at the mercy of their social habits. It also seems that the amenities of individual units of this chain can vary greatly. This one offers no guest usage of a warehouse club, no guest gym privileges, and no shampoo. They do have the continental breakfast offerings in the lobby. And, lots of ways to get a good price on the room. Your call of what is important to you.

Room Tip: Ask for one with no one in the next room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you had a noise issue, we try our best to provide our guests a quite stay . Still, we are very happy to know that we were able to provide you with great service and a clean room . Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'm here 45 days to do construction in the area. I've had a very positive experience since my arrival. I've been here 30 days so far. I work long hard hours and when I return to my room at the end of the day I just need relaxation and quiet. I've had no problems whatsoever with my room condition nor excessive noise. The staff has been very polite and helpful. My company has several more projects upcoming in the area and this location is conveniently close to all of them so I will be using this location as my base of operations in future, I will have to admit though that a wider selection of television channels would be nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us. Our main goal is to give our guest's a quiet, and comfortable stay and I am pleased that we have met that goal during your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff has provided exemplary service during your stay as well.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Keep in mind this place is not the Hilton, but it is no Super 8 either. It is a perfectly liveable space for the money. Two days only cost me just over $120.00. I honestly have no complaints. I was in Indy for a 2 day business trip and the room was perfect for sleeping and catching up on homework for college.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dave - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. We are so glad to hear that you were completely satisfied with our hotel.

South Bend, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here while on a week of business. I was very disappointed. The room carpeting was badly stained. The bathroom reeked of smoking (while the facility was "no smoking".) I realized that when the bathroom light/fan was on, the smoking smell was the worse, so I didn't use the combined light/fan and got my light from the kitchen area. The motors in the frig and A/C were so loud, I could not sleep, so I turned both down (subsequently my food spoiled in the frig.) The pillows were very thin and uncomfortable. I will never stay at this hotel again...nor do I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DaleCCarter
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dale - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We have upgraded most of our room's with new carpet and vinyl, but still have a few that are scheduled to be done. Still, at any time you are not satisfied, please let a staff member know the issue. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed the issues in that room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CAS@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
Quality Inn of Indy Castleton
Quality Inn of Indy Castleton
#77 of 184 in Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 stars 91 reviews
Extended Stay America - Indianap...
#129 of 184 in Indianapolis
3.0 of 5 stars 59 reviews
Courtyard Indianapolis Castleton
#69 of 184 in Indianapolis
4.0 of 5 stars 95 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton? Share your experiences!