“A disappointment”

Ranked #115 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
South Bend, Indiana
“A disappointment”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here while on a week of business. I was very disappointed. The room carpeting was badly stained. The bathroom reeked of smoking (while the facility was "no smoking".) I realized that when the bathroom light/fan was on, the smoking smell was the worse, so I didn't use the combined light/fan and got my light from the kitchen area. The motors in the frig and A/C were so loud, I could not sleep, so I turned both down (subsequently my food spoiled in the frig.) The pillows were very thin and uncomfortable. I will never stay at this hotel again...nor do I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DaleCCarter
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dale - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We have upgraded most of our room's with new carpet and vinyl, but still have a few that are scheduled to be done. Still, at any time you are not satisfied, please let a staff member know the issue. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed the issues in that room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CAS@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Like a lot of people that travel, I stay at all motels...mainly the one's that are convenient to my work.Hyatt Regency to Knights Inn....I mean, even the Motel 6 motels have hair dryers in the rooms. I asked the front desk for one and they are all loaned out. Bring you own hair dryer. I mean...I haven't traveled with a hair dryer for years!

Room was clean, price was good...well I guess that why the price is so good, they don't have to purchase hair dryers!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there were no hairdryers available for you to use during your stay. In response to your feedback, I am placing an order for extra hairdryers to ensure that we always have at least one available at the front desk upon request.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at cas@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for several days and found it to be a very decent Extended Stay. The room was comfortable and the staff very pleasant, expecially Mecka at the front desk. There was a Golden Corral across the street and a Walgreen and Kroger within 2 miles.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
Detroit,Michigan
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's great to be able to cook you own meals at the end of a long day, and be in a well taken care of room that totally relaxes you, to be able to watch a premium cable channel without spending a dime, very cool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Castleton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Cayuga, Indiana
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while I was attending a training seminar in Indianapolis. I had absolutely NO complaints whatsoever! Extremely quiet area, you get discount coupons to the Golden Corral restaurant that is right next door. I had a great nights sleep and everything was extremely clean and well maintained.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kandlelight
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, November 16, 2012

Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

It's an Extended Stay, meaning that it's a hotel for those who need an inexpensive place to stay with few of the frills and amenities of some of the higher end chains. And, in that, it does its job we'll.

The hotel is located on the northeast side of Indy, just off of the 82nd exit from I-69. The area is well-lit and seems reasonably safe. Directly across the parking lot is a Golden Corral which does serve breakfast - an important point because while the hotel does have coffee in the lobby, that's all they have available.

The rooms are equipped with a bed, table + chair and desk + chair, as well as a reclining chair. The closet is simply a portion of the room walled off with two rack shelves, an ironing board and an iron. There's a kitchen area with full refrigerator / freezer, cabinets, electric range and sink.

The bed has a very firm mattress and very flat pillows, so you may want to bring your own along if you need more neck support.

The hotel offers no ice machine, but there are ice trays in the freezer.

Also - and this is our actual experience - if you arrive late enough (we arrived a little before midnight) you'll be greeted and checked in by the laundry lady since the desk closes. You'll also get a chance to say hello to the departing prostitutes, Who were leaving for the night as we arrived.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank theAmishWanderer
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Castleton.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities.  It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers.  To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival.  That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate.  However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk.  Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates.  I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better.  Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.  I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Quartzsite, Arizona
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We travel all over the country as truck drivers and have stayed in several motels in the process. We have encountered hundreds of people working with the public in motels, restaurants, etc. That have no business being in that capacity and would have been fired back when mgrs and business owners had the balls to run their businesses the way they needed to be. However, i have never encountered a more public relations oriented staff. Each and every member of this hotels staff went out of there way to make our stay pleasant. They were incredibly pleasant and friendly in the process. I told my fiance i felt like we were in some parallel universe. We were supposed to be there for 1 night paid for by our company while our truck was in the shop and then go home for 5 days. After we got in our room we both decided to just take our time off there and paid for 6 more nights out of our own pocket. Of course our company's rate made that easier but we still paid for it. Randy Lehnhoff

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank randyl42
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Castleton. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.