Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Castleton
  • Breakfast included
$97
$93
$93
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
$88
Agoda.com
$126
$94
HolidayInn.com
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
$89
$81
All reviewsice traysroom was cleanchecking infull kitchenamenitiesmall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Generally speaking, Extended Stay America properties are usually pretty good for the money, unfortunately, their Castleton, IN property is quite a dissapointment. It's by no means terrible, but there were a few things that made me really annoyed during my brief, one-night, stay.

For one, the AC unit in the room leaked all over the carpet. it leaked so much that the carpet surrounding one side of the bed actually "squished" when you walked on it. Not pleasent. The furniture was old, worn out, and pretty disgusting. My travelling partner wouldn't even sit on the desk chair. The bathroom was the same way.

I stay in all types of motels/hotels when I travel, and it takes a lot for me to mention the cleanliness of a property. Read my other reviews if you don't believe me. But this place, really was quite tired, dirty, and poor.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

It's not the fanciest place, so if you're used to the Sheraton or Marriott then you might not be comfortable, but it gets the job done. Really decent price and basically everything you need for an extended stay. The kitchen is alright, all it's missing is an oven, it has two burners which get the job done when you need it and they provide you with a few pans, plates, silverware, and cutting board. I'd advise getting some dish soap and perhaps a dish brush if you plan on doing any cooking so you can wash your dishes. My biggest complaint is that there are hardly any channels on the TV, and the internet for which they charge a one time fee of $5 is very slow. But they have Showtime. I would recommend staying on the first floor because the rooms are slightly updated, some of them have plat panel tvs while the rest have the old tubes.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The check in was smooth, as I had reserved online. However, the AC in my room leaked water all over the floor and had to be repaired. The windows were hard to open. The shower curtain was mildewed and had to be replaced (I removed it and took it down to the front desk, as housekeeping had totally ignored it.) The room had a double rangetop for cooking, but neither of the burners were connected (I was able to connect one of them). The furniture was dusty; when I mentioned it to the front desk they had housekeeping come by the next day. The staff was a mixed bag, some pleasant and some not, and the hotel manager is a jerk. I was there for a week, and couldn't wait to move on. Of course this hotel chain is not the Marriott, but still one would expect better.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I had no problems checking in. My room was clean and cozy. Staff was there if I needed them but didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I stayed 2 nights
I was very happy with the hotel. The staff was friendly and very helpful
The room was super clean & inexpensive. It was quite and I never heard a peep from any other guests even though the place was 95% booked I was was told.
I had requested a top floor non smoking room and they were happy to save one for me even though I didnt check in until 3:45pm
The area I am told is one of the better parts of Indy and that is important to me.
I never saw any odd people or worried about my car one little bit.
I will definitly stay here again very soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business