“Not Good Not Good at All!”

Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area
Ranked #153 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 31, 2012

First of all I am not picky. I went to Indianapolis to pick up my grandson. Since my wife had to work I asked a friend to ride along. Got to hotel......two cop cars in parking lot lights flashing. Did not have my registration. Room.....little black things (undetermined origins) in toilet........took eight flushes to send them to a better place. Spider in the sink....... A Zenith television.......really? Not sure when Zenith went out of business but this was a vintage model with severe diagonal zebra stripes that overwhelmed any hopes of watching television.......A spot in the floor that we were careful to not step on since it appeared we might break through.........Approximately an inch and a half of dust under the dresser...... All of an inch gap under the door to the direct outside entrance... And a mystery to us were the pry marks (looked like a crowbar) in the metal door......ON THE INSIDE.....Since I paid with an online booking site the money was committed and non-refundable....We went to Hooters and had some beer came back and went to bed at midnight and left at six in the morning. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was clear that this hotel had fallen on hard times. It's a bit sad and worn-looking. No breakfast (which was promised). It's my understanding that it used to be a Days Inn? It is a very handy location if you'll be on the northeast side of Indianapolis. Close to major arteries. Many strip-mall type stores and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: The manager was sensitive to my being a single woman traveller, and gave me a quiet room that was we...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We reserved a queen bed for one night and were given an upgrade to a king suite, which was a great sized room. There was a nice little lake with ducks right outside the room. The front desk attendants were friendly and there was very little road noise. But the room needs some help!! The door didn't close tightly at the bottom, there was a huge cob web in the corner of the living room part of the suite, the hairdryer didn't work, the curtains are threadbare, carpets had stains and both TV's had horrible reception and few channels. Worst of all when you flushed the toilet, there was such a powerful pressured flush that the water sprayed your legs. Not sanitary! Breakfast was a little sparse. Not bad if you are on a budget and don't mind a room with rough edges, but I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived back at our room after being out all day around 10pm. The beds were completely stripped, dirty rags were on the floor, and the floor was filthy. I went to the front desk to inquire about the condition of our room - they were unclear on what happen. I ask for sheets to make the bed and received them 30 minutes later. It was honestly the dirtiest hotel we have ever stayed in - would not recommend it!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nestle02
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The worst Super 8 we have ever stayed at. Easy to find just off 82nd Street exit of I-69; northeast Indianapolis. We made reservation 7 weeks in advance. Got there about 8 PM and our room of 2 queens was sold out. They upgraded us to a King Suite for the same price as 2 queens. This was the best part of the visit to this motel!! The person at check in was very good. Despite an error, they accommodated us very well. This is when it stopped. The room was on the second floor, directly above the breakfast room/office. Thumping music and the loud noise of kids playing video games went on all evening. We tried to go to bed at 10 PM as had driven some 10 hours to reach the motel. The thumping of the bass and screaming of the kids made it difficult. I dozed off until midnight. Then the alarm clock/radio went off!! Someone had set the alarm for 12:01 AM; the station was set to static; the volume was turned all the way up. A previous guest or an employee? Anyway, the kids noise and thumping music was still going on. I called the office and told the employee someone seemed to be having a party; could they ask them to quiet down? She apologized and told me the motel had booked a kids party until midnight. Doesn't this area have a curfew? The noise stopped about 12:05. Great! But then the noise moved outside as parents were coming to pick up their screaming children. There were about a dozen young teens. At 2:30 AM, there was lots of horn honking in the parking lot. Then screaming and hollering by adults.
This may not all be the fault of this Super 8 but we did not get much sleep, nonetheless. And why would a motel like a Super 8 turn their office/breakfast area into a noisy party for several 12-15 year old children and let them party until midnight--under the rooms occupied by paying guests?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bruinsooner
DeepakJoshi, General Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology regarding your stay at Super 8 Indianapolis NE. Believe me, What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold. We have reviewed our banquet room procedures and have made changes to cut down the noise level.

To compensate for your inconvenience we will send you a Free Night voucher that you may use for a complementary stay at our Super 8. Please contact me personally for your next reservation.

Diane Harris
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We got a lake side upstairs everything was great the young lady thats works nights(2nd shift ) was a big help when it came to what to eat. Everyone was nice it was like we was at home. rooms are clean, nice area, very helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fawnlove
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were traveling from Warren, Mi to Gilbert, Az and back home and of our 8 motel rooms we
stayed at going to Az and our trip back home to Mi, this was the best of them all!. Our room was
so clean and nice; the breakfast was great, but most of all the employees made our trip...thank you

Barbara Stecker.