“Super 8 Castleton, IN (northeast Indianapolis)”

Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area
Ranked #148 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Bartlesville, OK
“Super 8 Castleton, IN (northeast Indianapolis)”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The worst Super 8 we have ever stayed at. Easy to find just off 82nd Street exit of I-69; northeast Indianapolis. We made reservation 7 weeks in advance. Got there about 8 PM and our room of 2 queens was sold out. They upgraded us to a King Suite for the same price as 2 queens. This was the best part of the visit to this motel!! The person at check in was very good. Despite an error, they accommodated us very well. This is when it stopped. The room was on the second floor, directly above the breakfast room/office. Thumping music and the loud noise of kids playing video games went on all evening. We tried to go to bed at 10 PM as had driven some 10 hours to reach the motel. The thumping of the bass and screaming of the kids made it difficult. I dozed off until midnight. Then the alarm clock/radio went off!! Someone had set the alarm for 12:01 AM; the station was set to static; the volume was turned all the way up. A previous guest or an employee? Anyway, the kids noise and thumping music was still going on. I called the office and told the employee someone seemed to be having a party; could they ask them to quiet down? She apologized and told me the motel had booked a kids party until midnight. Doesn't this area have a curfew? The noise stopped about 12:05. Great! But then the noise moved outside as parents were coming to pick up their screaming children. There were about a dozen young teens. At 2:30 AM, there was lots of horn honking in the parking lot. Then screaming and hollering by adults.
This may not all be the fault of this Super 8 but we did not get much sleep, nonetheless. And why would a motel like a Super 8 turn their office/breakfast area into a noisy party for several 12-15 year old children and let them party until midnight--under the rooms occupied by paying guests?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bruinsooner
DeepakJoshi, General Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology regarding your stay at Super 8 Indianapolis NE. Believe me, What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold. We have reviewed our banquet room procedures and have made changes to cut down the noise level.

To compensate for your inconvenience we will send you a Free Night voucher that you may use for a complementary stay at our Super 8. Please contact me personally for your next reservation.

Diane Harris
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We got a lake side upstairs everything was great the young lady thats works nights(2nd shift ) was a big help when it came to what to eat. Everyone was nice it was like we was at home. rooms are clean, nice area, very helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fawnlove
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were traveling from Warren, Mi to Gilbert, Az and back home and of our 8 motel rooms we
stayed at going to Az and our trip back home to Mi, this was the best of them all!. Our room was
so clean and nice; the breakfast was great, but most of all the employees made our trip...thank you

Barbara Stecker.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bjstec64
horton
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I've been staying here for over 3 yrs, I work out of town alot. This is a great,quiet place to relax and affordable prices, Very very nice staff they will make sure you are happy.

Room Tip: lake side veiw
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jamessprague45
tampa
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was at the hotel April 25th thorough 28th. I arrived early. They didnt have my room clean yet so upgraded me to a sute. they were friendly and helpful staff,nice lake ,clean rooms, great location to hwy and stores

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank youngang34
DeepakJoshi, General Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis/NE/Castleton Area, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input. We look forward to serve you again when your travel plan bring you to Indianapolis.

Thank you.

Deepak Joshi
GM
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My family and I arrived at the Super 8 motel and were booked into 2 rooms. I specifically told the desk clerk that I was traveling with my wife and 4 children, including 2 teenage daughters. After dropping bags off in the rooms we had to leave for dinner to share our awful room stories. Among the concerns: the building was clearly occupied by weekly ( or longer) tenants and upon our entry we were watched every moment we were outside and felt very uncomfortable and unsafe. One neighbor propped open his door to watch us and revealed a trash heap of a room with dozens of empty bottles and cans. When we walked out 5 minutes later one room's blinds were wide open and a couple lay on the bed. In one room the bathroom grout was full of mold, the carpet was torn, the mattress/box spring was largely and noticeably stained, and the room smelled badly. The other room on the other side of the building had what appeared to be either feces or vomit on a wall (one son took pictures on his phone and showed the desk attendant). As another son declared to the other that he was going outside and the 'tenant' from the adjoining room must've heard and exited at the very same time and accosted him. At dinner we compared notes and made a decision to cancel the booking. The desk attendant told us that we had a 15-minute window to cancel, and that an hour had elapsed. I asked her to reconsider or provide some help, as my wife and children did not feel safe or in clean/secure/sanitary settings. She called a manager who evidently authorized our request to cancel the reservation and not charge us for the rooms.
Sadly, the rooms were charged to my credit card and when I emailed the manager (listed on the bill) the email bounced and was returned as 'undeliverable'. I next contacted Super 8 parent company but have not heard back. I expect I will have to fight to get my refund from this place even though we NEVER STAYED IN A ROOM. This place should be shut down - Super 8 should be ashamed to have their name on this franchise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank coyneone
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed three nights was very nice. front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family