“Not the fanciest - but well worth the money.”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel
Ranked #132 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Marietta, Georgia
“Not the fanciest - but well worth the money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We experienced an unusual expereince: For 3 nights we stayed in a Courtyard Marriott, then stayed at This Extended Stay. The Courtyard had more wrong than you can count but was, in its own way, very fancy. The Extended Stay was plain, simple, but clean and comfortable. The difference was $100 per night. Given the 2, I would stay at the Extended Stay any time. The only real drawback was that they had no elevators. If you had the upper floor, you had to use the stairs. But the room was clean (not fancy), the beds were comfortable, everything that one needs to spend a simple night of sleep, shower and privacy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank exauctioneer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed at an Extended Inn for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised. It had all the comforts of home. My husband especially liked the recliner. I liked the large. Refrigerator and well furnished kitchen.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jackie M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that enjoyed the fully customized kitchen, and recliner.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Middlebury, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Guests Beware! We arrived at the Extended Stay America Indianapolis North Carmel and when we opened the door to our room I literally stepped back from the overpowering chemical smell. I'm not sure if it was carpet cleaner or air freshener or what, but this smell was so toxic and overwhelming that after spending only 10-15 minutes in the room (Yes, we left and found a different hotel even though Hotwire refused to give us a refund!) the stench clung to our clothes until the next day! My son pulled his shirt out of his bag the next morning and said "I can still smell that hotel room on my shirt", and unbelievably, he was right! Yes, we only spent about 10 minutes in the room, because I am certain it would have been hazardous to our health if we would have spent the night. We actually considered sleeping in our van if we could not find vacancy elsewhere. The question is, what horrible odor was the hotel trying to cover up with such harsh cleaning chemicals? Even after leaving the windows open and the fan running for an hour while we drove around to find a different hotel, it was no less toxic upon our return. The hallways and lobby of the hotel reeked of cigarette smoke despite signs posted that it was a smoke-free facility. When I stepped into the bathroom, the soles of my shoes stuck to the floor.
I immediately reported to the front desk that the room was unacceptable, but Kristen told me they had no other alternative. Even though there a 4 other Extended Stay America branches in the Indianapolis area, she was quick to say that none of them had vacancies either, which was a lie, because I checked for myself. When I asked her to call them, she then said it was impossible to transfer us elsewhere because it was a Hotwire reservation. A refund was also only possible through Hotwire, except for the $10 upgrade fee the hotel itself charged us for a sofabed. When I called Hotwire and explained the situation, I was told that a Hot Rate booking is not refundable for the reasons I gave. Hotwire's Hot Rate is a total trap! It appears to be a trick for hotels to get rid of unacceptable rooms without leaving the customer any recourse of a change or refund. As I said, BEWARE, because apparently if a hotel has a room in which someone cooked meth or puked (or worse) on the carpet, it does not qualify you for a refund if it is a Hot Rate. Maybe that's why it is called a Hot Rate, because you're likely to get BURNED!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My review is based on my experiences as a long-term stay guest at this hotel. I have lived here for approximately 2 months and have been very comfortable. Room rates are reasonable and taxes are waived for guests who stay greater than 30 days. I'm currently averaging $39.99 per night on a weekly rate for a decent sized room with queen bed, desk/office area, kitchen, and bathroom. A "grab and go" breakfast is also included (coffee/tea, fruit, oatmeal, and cereal bars). If you are looking for a value this is the place.

The rooms in this hotel are slightly dated, but the hotel is located in a very quiet and safe area. In general the hotel rooms and common areas are kept very clean. All of the front desk staff are excellent (exceptional actually) and have gone out of their way to take care of my needs and make my stay comfortable. A few repairs were needed to my room when I first checked in and they were completed within 24 hours. Laundry facilities are on-site as well as vending machines.

The hotel is relatively close to many excellent restaurants, numerous car dealerships, and great shopping (Indianapolis Fashion Mall). Access to I-465 is very convenient off the Keystone Parkway.

Room Tip: I was told that rooms on the 3rd floor are held for long-term stay guests and that they are typicall...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lssomlai
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed last weekend for a quick overnight. 1 bedroom-queen bed w/ kitchenette, full fridge, stove. Very clean. Nothing fancy, but everything was functional. We called ahead and the check in girl had us in our room in less than 1 minute. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Customer service was not in this stay. I arrived late after driving in from Texas. First thing by walking in the door, there was a funky odor. I asked the front desk person, about it and denied smelling it. A friend of mind came in with no knowledge of me asking him and smelled it also and asked me what was that terrible smell. Had my reservation in hand. The clerk was not friendly although I had my confirmation number in hand he insisted that I did not have a reservation. Keep in mind, 14 hour drive, so he wanted the email confirmation. So here I am using his computer to go into my email account standing there to go into my email and print the confirmation. You would think this would be enough, wrong. He the called the travel company to verify my email. Keep in mind 14 hour drive I just came in on. All of this took about 20 minutes and finally and only then he allowed me to check in. WOW. all of this. After finally getting in the room, hair the towels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveler2492
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here while passing thru. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The price was cheapest in the area since there was a big event going on. The hotel itself was nice. The rooms were very dated and not dirty but could use some deep cleaning and updating. They were very spacious and easily accommodated our family of six. The breakfast was only coffee and muffins which didn't make the kids happy. Overall it was fine for the one night but I wouldn't stay there for a vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family