“good for one night”

Ranked #133 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
“good for one night”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here while passing thru. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The price was cheapest in the area since there was a big event going on. The hotel itself was nice. The rooms were very dated and not dirty but could use some deep cleaning and updating. They were very spacious and easily accommodated our family of six. The breakfast was only coffee and muffins which didn't make the kids happy. Overall it was fine for the one night but I wouldn't stay there for a vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Now while the 3rd floor has not yet been updated and the air conditioner did give off a bit of an odor, these issues fade in comparison to the service. The Manager Mike was very accommodating as was James and Kristen (Thanks guys!). The once per week housekeeping was also great. Anything I asked for I received and most of the time it was delivered (extra towels, dish detergent, scour pad). I recommend the third floor if you want quiet. I only experienced one evening of actually hearing people besides an occasional distant door closing. The pool area is small but inviting, the hotel is conspicuously located on a side street and central to everything. If you want to grab a coffee or cocoa on your way out with an oatmeal, fruit or muffin, there's that too. Great stay for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank s j
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very cozy place for a long stay because of the friendly and helpful staff. Safe and quiet location. Great value. Smaller than other Extended Stays but still has the outdoor pool along with a "small town homely" type feel, making it safe within the hotel as well. Although the brand of hotels are not intended for luxury stays, however the service from the staff makes up for it. Therefore don't expect luxury however you won't be disappointed if you have any requests. They do an excellent job in trying to quickly resolve any issues you may have such as changing a room, more towels, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RoxyS258
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms seemed clean but upon entering the room everyone noticed a dank, musty smell. The bed was a queen not a king size and the pillows had a funny crackling sound like they were stuffed w plastic bags.

You have to ask for fresh towels at the front desk as they only clean once a week.

I advise getting a room on the top floor as we could hear pounding every time our upstairs neighbors walked across the floor

The location is quiet and out of the way. There were a lot of bugs in the pool but ill attribute that to the fact that's its right by a copse of trees and its just generally buggy outside this month. It's probably hard to keep the bugs out even skimming a couple times a day.

I'd say the stay was just average.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed here. We had a death in the family, and we don't have a lot of money. We selected based on price only. My expectations were relatively low because the price was so much more inexpensive than any other hotels we looked at, and because not all of the reviews this place got were overwhelmingly positive. I was expecting possibly a locally-owned, run-down dump. That is not at all what this place is. It is super nice.

The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. I did not use the kitchen, but I was blown away on the fact it was a whole kitchen. If we weren't in and out so quickly, we would have taken advantage of it.

For the price, this place cannot be beat. I was not expecting a continental-type breakfast, but they did have some very limited options, which was a nice bonus.

Don't be deterred by the other negative reviews or the price. I do not regret staying here one iota.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnCocktoastin
Flint, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel looks nothing like the pictures. The room was decent enough just for a couple of nights. House keeping never came to clean my room or anything for the two nights that I was there. The sofa sleeper in my room was dirty. Overall, i probably would not come back. It was ok for the price and location. But the room was very out dated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Jasmin - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. It saddens me to read that the staff did not communicate our housekeeping policy to you upon check-in. This includes cleaning guest rooms every 7-days, but also in-between upona guests request for a minimal fee. I apologize for this oversight. As well, please know, it is not our intention to mislead any of our guests when it comes to photos of our property. I have spoken with our maintenance and housekeeping staff about the importance of being in-line with company standards in regards to the presentation of our guest rooms and property as a whole.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dhindman@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The area is safe and quiet and well located to commute to work in Carmel. The building is nothing fancy as are the rooms but they are comfortable and clean with free wifi and good office chair.

There are no meeting rooms or lobby , fitness room or pool so this is a no frills accommodation that is quiet and clean with friendly and responsive staff.

The TV was new but channels limited, but that is OK by me as I don't watch it much. The rooms have a working stove and microwave and not just a counter top 110 burner.

There are a couple of good restaurants close by but nothing in walking distance. You need a car. Overall a good, safe and economical solution to a business owner looking to minimize expenses and cash flow.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank clarkems
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Extended Stay America - Indianap...
#106 of 180 in Indianapolis
Castleton
Courtyard Indianapolis Castleton
Courtyard Indianapolis Castleton
#92 of 180 in Indianapolis

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel? Share your experiences!