“What's that smell?”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel
Ranked #132 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
“What's that smell?”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms seemed clean but upon entering the room everyone noticed a dank, musty smell. The bed was a queen not a king size and the pillows had a funny crackling sound like they were stuffed w plastic bags.

You have to ask for fresh towels at the front desk as they only clean once a week.

I advise getting a room on the top floor as we could hear pounding every time our upstairs neighbors walked across the floor

The location is quiet and out of the way. There were a lot of bugs in the pool but ill attribute that to the fact that's its right by a copse of trees and its just generally buggy outside this month. It's probably hard to keep the bugs out even skimming a couple times a day.

I'd say the stay was just average.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed here. We had a death in the family, and we don't have a lot of money. We selected based on price only. My expectations were relatively low because the price was so much more inexpensive than any other hotels we looked at, and because not all of the reviews this place got were overwhelmingly positive. I was expecting possibly a locally-owned, run-down dump. That is not at all what this place is. It is super nice.

The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. I did not use the kitchen, but I was blown away on the fact it was a whole kitchen. If we weren't in and out so quickly, we would have taken advantage of it.

For the price, this place cannot be beat. I was not expecting a continental-type breakfast, but they did have some very limited options, which was a nice bonus.

Don't be deterred by the other negative reviews or the price. I do not regret staying here one iota.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnCocktoastin
Flint, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel looks nothing like the pictures. The room was decent enough just for a couple of nights. House keeping never came to clean my room or anything for the two nights that I was there. The sofa sleeper in my room was dirty. Overall, i probably would not come back. It was ok for the price and location. But the room was very out dated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Jasmin - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. It saddens me to read that the staff did not communicate our housekeeping policy to you upon check-in. This includes cleaning guest rooms every 7-days, but also in-between upona guests request for a minimal fee. I apologize for this oversight. As well, please know, it is not our intention to mislead any of our guests when it comes to photos of our property. I have spoken with our maintenance and housekeeping staff about the importance of being in-line with company standards in regards to the presentation of our guest rooms and property as a whole.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dhindman@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The area is safe and quiet and well located to commute to work in Carmel. The building is nothing fancy as are the rooms but they are comfortable and clean with free wifi and good office chair.

There are no meeting rooms or lobby , fitness room or pool so this is a no frills accommodation that is quiet and clean with friendly and responsive staff.

The TV was new but channels limited, but that is OK by me as I don't watch it much. The rooms have a working stove and microwave and not just a counter top 110 burner.

There are a couple of good restaurants close by but nothing in walking distance. You need a car. Overall a good, safe and economical solution to a business owner looking to minimize expenses and cash flow.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank clarkems
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My stay was average. The room was decent enough, kind of old and stained. Most items were clean and staff was nice but nothing to write home about. The price of the room was definitely equal to the quality of the room.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank aliciabutterfly
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that that our hotel did not meet your standards. Please accept my apology. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feed back. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dhindman@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Indiana
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here just one night. And everything went well, except the room was cold and refrig. made funny noises when shutting down. Heat wasn't turn on till we went into room, but it took a long time to warm the room up. This place is set up to stay a week or more at a time. The room is large with full kitchen with cooking equipment. Bathroom was also large, but we were in a handicap room. The room looked nice at first glance but the main hallway looked really bad--needs new carpet. Our room was well lighted with some new and nice items, but done in browns making you wonder if things were clean. Cabinets finish needs help.
The staff was wonderful and very willing to offer help. Even allowed us some breakfast items when we arrived to eat too late. They set up a small counter with a few items. They also googled a map for our next destination.
This hotel provided what we need for the night at a low cost---but it's not what you expect for a normal hotel room. More like old motel room or cottage rental---ok, maybe that's not fair---because it looked better than that---make it an updated version. Any way it is in a good neighborhood. There are resturants and shopping in the area. The is no elevator--we stayed on the first floor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wishingtraveler
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that Our facility was not up to standard, we will address the issues immediately . In response to your feedback, I am very happy that our staff provided you with great Service. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dhindman@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Belize City, Belize, Belize
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Excellent customer service, more than expected and much better than any hotel I have stayed at in the past year (travel frequently); very clean and that is high on my list being as that I am a nurse; felt very safe coming and going along with stay which is also important as generally travel alone or at times with my children (this time with my son); very quiet, no street traffic sounds, great sleep!; breadfast is limited but substantial and the area is kept tidy and neat; I travel to Indy frequently, have stayed in other motels however never again, this will be my hotel of choice; easy access, located near mall and GREAT restaurants; Selling point: the staff and cleanliness!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lauren K
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013