“No Risk Involved”

Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
Ranked #80 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel is easy to get to, located just off the Interstate. Staff is friendly and you get the consistency of Marriott quality.

Nice grounds to take a short walk. For those who like to work out, only a limited selection, but enough to get the work out you want.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Kris N, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. We were delighted to hear you had a great experience with us and look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel is fine, your typical Marriott Courtyard. However, if you spend your evenings on the road working in your hotel room, DO NOT stay at this hotel. They have the slowest internet service i've ever experienced. I travel to Indy frequently and try very hard not to stay in this hotel because of the bad internet service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our recent visit. We do take our customer feedback seriously and I am truly sorry that we failed to provide you a productive hassle free stay. I am happy to report that we did discover a problem with our internet and it has been resolved, in addition we will be upgrading our selections soon. Once again please accept my apologies and feel free to contact me with any futher information.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Beds are a bit soft but this hotel has all the amenities. A real bar, food at night, real breakfast in the morning, a pool, gym and nice staff. I stayed here on business and would stay here again. Many restaurants nearby and not far from the happening hood broad ripple.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with the amenities and staff. On behalf of the entire Carmel Courtyard team and myself, we would love to have you stay with us on your next trip to Indianapolis.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for two nights for a soccer tournament. The hotel has a very nice lobby and courtyard. It had many areas for groups to gather and not bother other guests. Breakfast is not included but they have a restaurant in the lobby. The staff were very friendly but it is pricey so I would suggest going elsewhere. The hotel staff were friendly. The only complaint I had is the size of the room. We had a king room and it was very cramped. The layout of the room is awkward but we made it work.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the positive feedback on our staff and service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us. I am sorry that the room layout did not exceed your expectations and would love to offer a suite for your next visit. The Courtyard Carmel team works very hard to make our guest feel at home, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

If you ever stay at any Courtyard you alteady know the level of excellece to expect.. Let's start with reservations. I was driving and made reservation based on a general location in an unfamiliar area. This was excellent and received email confirmation which I wss able to click on using my gps. This Courtyard location was consistent with excellence at other locations in the US.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and the kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and pleased with the hotel and satff. Thank for your loyality to Courtyard and for staying with us and we ook forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The is a very nice hotel. The room was very clean and well furnished. I would go back any time.
It is very conveniently located near several hospitals, and just off the I-465 loop.
The only downside is that the area has few sidewalks, so don't plan on outdoor exercise. The hotel has a fitness room, as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kris N, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Wilby_54

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at the Carmel Courtyard and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Carmel.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at this property due to the proximity to my business meetings in the Carmel area. If it wasn't for that, I likely would have stayed elsewhere as this location is a little remote. The hotel is nice enough and they have done an OK job trying to update the look/feel but it is an older property. Having said that, I usually remind myself that it's a "Courtyard" and not a JW Marriott property so they shouldn't be compared. The price was very appealing and it was a good value for the money --- that's a big plus!

As others have mentioned here, the hotel layout is a bit confusing and it takes a few wrong turns to get it figured out. Also, the wifi internet access is free to everyone so that bogs down the speeds during the evening. I need high speed internet for online videos (business related) and it was a challenge due to the slow speeds. Other Marriott hotels offer a standard wifi and a premium wifi so that helps split the leisure and business users (pay for performance).

Aside from that, getting help from the employees for breakfast or front desk related was a little challenging. Two employees saw us waiting for help but didn't offer any so we had to go ask them to do this (which is unnecessary).

If you're looking for a clean hotel at a good price, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: It's a confusing layout so park in the driveway at the front of the hotel, check in and then ask...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear M4avanti,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that we did meet your expectations. At the Carmel Courtyard we strive to provide outstanding service and comfort to each and every guest and I would like to apologize that we failed to do so during your recent trip. I have addressed your comments with my leadership team and can assure you the lack of attention to service is not acceptable. I am pleased to announce that we will be offering an upgraded internet choice for our travelers with in the next 60 days. Again thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me. Once again please accept my apologies.

Kris Norman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#93 of 185 in Indianapolis
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel? Share your experiences!