“Restful stop in Indy.”

Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
Ranked #76 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

If you ever stay at any Courtyard you alteady know the level of excellece to expect.. Let's start with reservations. I was driving and made reservation based on a general location in an unfamiliar area. This was excellent and received email confirmation which I wss able to click on using my gps. This Courtyard location was consistent with excellence at other locations in the US.

• Stayed: April 2013
Kris N, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and the kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and pleased with the hotel and satff. Thank for your loyality to Courtyard and for staying with us and we ook forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The is a very nice hotel. The room was very clean and well furnished. I would go back any time.
It is very conveniently located near several hospitals, and just off the I-465 loop.
The only downside is that the area has few sidewalks, so don't plan on outdoor exercise. The hotel has a fitness room, as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kris N, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Wilby_54

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at the Carmel Courtyard and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Carmel.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at this property due to the proximity to my business meetings in the Carmel area. If it wasn't for that, I likely would have stayed elsewhere as this location is a little remote. The hotel is nice enough and they have done an OK job trying to update the look/feel but it is an older property. Having said that, I usually remind myself that it's a "Courtyard" and not a JW Marriott property so they shouldn't be compared. The price was very appealing and it was a good value for the money --- that's a big plus!

As others have mentioned here, the hotel layout is a bit confusing and it takes a few wrong turns to get it figured out. Also, the wifi internet access is free to everyone so that bogs down the speeds during the evening. I need high speed internet for online videos (business related) and it was a challenge due to the slow speeds. Other Marriott hotels offer a standard wifi and a premium wifi so that helps split the leisure and business users (pay for performance).

Aside from that, getting help from the employees for breakfast or front desk related was a little challenging. Two employees saw us waiting for help but didn't offer any so we had to go ask them to do this (which is unnecessary).

If you're looking for a clean hotel at a good price, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: It's a confusing layout so park in the driveway at the front of the hotel, check in and then ask...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear M4avanti,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that we did meet your expectations. At the Carmel Courtyard we strive to provide outstanding service and comfort to each and every guest and I would like to apologize that we failed to do so during your recent trip. I have addressed your comments with my leadership team and can assure you the lack of attention to service is not acceptable. I am pleased to announce that we will be offering an upgraded internet choice for our travelers with in the next 60 days. Again thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me. Once again please accept my apologies.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our family pays frequent visits to the Indianapolis area and this hotel has been a welcomed home away from home for us many times. The bistro is so convenient and they serve Starbucks. The Woman at the desk is very expressive and happy - which is contagious. The rooms are nice with a good shower pressure and balcony. The location is convenient because this Marriott is close to the city without the hassle of valet and traffic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sarroseseab,

We are delighted to hear that the Carmel Courtyard has bcome your home away from while traveling to the Indianapolis area. It was so nice to hear your comments and that you enjoy our new look and Bistro as well as that you enjoy the staff while staying with us. I want to thank you again for your comments and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location (though pretty isolated) , and about a 30 minute drive from downtown Indy. The rooms and public areas are nicely updated, clean, and comfortable. The lobby is especially attractive. There is a bistro in the lobby area, but no free breakfast for guests. We usually stay at other types of Marriott properties, and even though this hotel is nice, the layout is confusing, and the hallways seem narrow, with low ceilings. I much prefer Springhill Suites or Fairfield Inns for family trips, while this seems to cater to business travelers rather than families, which is a corporate issue. It was fine for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear 4Bubbles,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Carmel Courtyard. We do take comments seriously and appreciate your feedback. While pleased to hear you found the hotel clean and comfortable I was sorry to hear you did not feel a good value for familes. The Courtyard stives to provide all travels a postive stay. I am happy to inform you that we do have a stay for breakfast package that does include breakfast with your stay. I want to again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We are somewhat regulars here, as it's our first choice when staying in Carmel to visit family and friends. This Courtyard is clean, comfortable and the service is great. We've never been disappointed, and it seems to get better each time. This stay I noticed the quietest heating/ac fan ever...couldn't even tell when it clicked on. This made for a very restful night's sleep!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear LoveLove 2travel 11,

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at the Carmel Courtyard and we hope you see again soon for your next stay in Carmel IN.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed for one evening in a double queen room. Hotel looks like its been recently renovated. Our room was spotless and all furnishing were of good quality. The beds were very comfortable and the desk area was great for working in the room. The Bistro is a nice feature, we made use of it for a beer and a hot tea in the evening, and the staff working there was very friendly. There is a Hertz Car rental office on site. I typically do not choose a Courtyard property simply because they don't offer a free breakfast, but I would make an exception for this hotel as everything else makes up for it. The only negative I would mention is that some of the front desk staff seems to need some additional training. If you run into one of these types, just try a different staff person and you'll probably have better luck. Due to a mix-up with the third party we booked through, we were given a king room instead of the 2-queen room we had reserved. Since we were an early check-in (another plus for this hotel) they apparently didn't have the correct room available for us right away. The first staff person I tried to work with insisted that they couldn't give us the room we reserved and we were just out of luck. But I was persistent and tried a second front desk person a few minutes later who was smart enough to tell us that she would find a room for us when one became vacant and had been serviced and we could just keep our current room until then. When we came back to the hotel later in the afternoon, our correct room was available. I think the first staffer was a little flustered when I showed up at the front desk for the new room keys, but oh well, maybe she learned something. Despite this minor issue, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel - Westfield
Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel? Share your experiences!