“Very nice stop on our road trip.”

Best Western Country Suites
Ranked #47 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel located close to the interstate. The room was better then I had expected for the price. The beds was great no issues at all and the room was large with a smaller sitting room which was a nice touch. The hotel appears to be older but has been well maintained. My only issue appears to be the person working the front counter. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions he just was not very customer service driven. The breakfast was just the same as every other Best Wester but that is ok at least I know what I am getting for my money. Very quiet location as well you do not hear the interstate at all.

Room Tip: Get the King Suite with the hide a bed it is jus as big as the two queens but is nice to have the ro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 28, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Manger Bill M. is less than professional. Actually he is down right agressive with his rude attitude. This area of Indy has better hotels nearby. Hotel is run down appearing from the outside, parking lot in bad repair. My family had reservations made months in advance and the manager called and said they had a large bus make reservation so ours were cancelled this just days from our arrival. No assist to make a new reservation. We were going to try this hotel because they had suites. Fortunately, my favorite chain, Drury was nearby. They provided a wonderful stay for my family. The Drury team made the management at Country Inn and Suites look so nasty. I will always choose the Drury. Avoid the Best Western Country Suites, sorry they may just cancell you right before the holiday because a bus is coming. Oh, I will mention the Drury had a bus come in too, however, our rooms were not overtaken.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RacieKate
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Based upon the management ineptness it is just as well that I don't visit this hotel. Over Thanksgiving, my wife and I arranged getting together with our respective parents in Indianapolis. We booked three rooms in August, one of them being handicapped for my 65+ year old mother. Eight days before our intended stay, "Bill" called my wife to tell her that they had cancelled our handicapped room because they had overbooked their hotel. Then he stated that it had to be taken for part of a larger group. Then "bill" said that there was a pipe-break and the room wasn't available because it was being repaired. This sounds very suspicious, considering they would have had eight days to repair it. When I called "bill" to get some answers he continued to interrupt me while civilly asking about options. After asking him to stop interrupting me "bill" refused to give the number of an alternate hotel, and hung-up on me. Dissatisfied with his belligerence, I called Best Western customer service. It should be noted here that Best Western Customer service is a contradiction of terms. The woman i spoke with there told me that their policy in this type of situation is to arrange for a hotel room of comparable value and pay the difference, should it be greater cost. She called "bill" to get the information to fulfill their policy. She never called back and we never received the needed info from "bill."
In summation, this location is run in an extremely unprofessional manner. The policies of Best Western mean nothing, so I question the integrity of such an establishment. In the future, not only will I avoid this location, but never stay at a Best Western again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Keagan H
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here because of the location, close to Butler University and because of the price. Very friendly and helpful staff. Bill was great! I really liked the way the room was set up too, a separate sitting room with a couch and a tv. The bathroom was between the sitting room and the bedroom. The only bad things were the tv in the bedroom didn't work and the elevator was not working either. Very close to shopping and restaurants and Costco!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor toward the back of the hotel, it's quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This property is well located near restaurants, shopping, and businesses. It isn't the most luxurious place, but it is just fine for an overnight while on business in Indy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business