“Good hotel, needs to change up the breakfast”

BEST WESTERN Country Suites
Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Loose Creek Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Manger Bill M. is less than professional. Actually he is down right agressive with his rude attitude. This area of Indy has better hotels nearby. Hotel is run down appearing from the outside, parking lot in bad repair. My family had reservations made months in advance and the manager called and said they had a large bus make reservation so ours were cancelled this just days from our arrival. No assist to make a new reservation. We were going to try this hotel because they had suites. Fortunately, my favorite chain, Drury was nearby. They provided a wonderful stay for my family. The Drury team made the management at Country Inn and Suites look so nasty. I will always choose the Drury. Avoid the Best Western Country Suites, sorry they may just cancell you right before the holiday because a bus is coming. Oh, I will mention the Drury had a bus come in too, however, our rooms were not overtaken.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RacieKate
Millersburg, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Based upon the management ineptness it is just as well that I don't visit this hotel. Over Thanksgiving, my wife and I arranged getting together with our respective parents in Indianapolis. We booked three rooms in August, one of them being handicapped for my 65+ year old mother. Eight days before our intended stay, "Bill" called my wife to tell her that they had cancelled our handicapped room because they had overbooked their hotel. Then he stated that it had to be taken for part of a larger group. Then "bill" said that there was a pipe-break and the room wasn't available because it was being repaired. This sounds very suspicious, considering they would have had eight days to repair it. When I called "bill" to get some answers he continued to interrupt me while civilly asking about options. After asking him to stop interrupting me "bill" refused to give the number of an alternate hotel, and hung-up on me. Dissatisfied with his belligerence, I called Best Western customer service. It should be noted here that Best Western Customer service is a contradiction of terms. The woman i spoke with there told me that their policy in this type of situation is to arrange for a hotel room of comparable value and pay the difference, should it be greater cost. She called "bill" to get the information to fulfill their policy. She never called back and we never received the needed info from "bill."
In summation, this location is run in an extremely unprofessional manner. The policies of Best Western mean nothing, so I question the integrity of such an establishment. In the future, not only will I avoid this location, but never stay at a Best Western again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Keagan H
Chicago Heights, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here because of the location, close to Butler University and because of the price. Very friendly and helpful staff. Bill was great! I really liked the way the room was set up too, a separate sitting room with a couch and a tv. The bathroom was between the sitting room and the bedroom. The only bad things were the tv in the bedroom didn't work and the elevator was not working either. Very close to shopping and restaurants and Costco!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor toward the back of the hotel, it's quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

This property is well located near restaurants, shopping, and businesses. It isn't the most luxurious place, but it is just fine for an overnight while on business in Indy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank buckeyesrule
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Checking in is always easy. They have been remodeling the rooms but we are always on the bottom floor with King size bed and it is very nice. Our rooms have always been clean. The breakfast is good ...Our grandson said he 'loves!!' their breakfast. lol We stop here when we go through........

Room Tip: Sign up with BestWestern...when you arrive and use your card or reserve with it online..this hotel u...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family