We visited my uncle who's lived in Indianapolis for nearly 40 years, and he didn't know this hotel existed. It's tucked behind shrubbery on E. 86th Street, giving guests privacy from the noise of a busy street. The buildings and grounds are beautifully maintained. My husband was convinced the property was only five or six years old, so he was shocked to discover it was built in 1990. After a major renovation a few years ago, everything is fresh and new.
The units are spacious and comfortable. Many have entrances from the outdoors. We had a one-bedroom unit with large, comfortable living room with wood burning fireplace (you have to supply your own wood), small dining table that seats two, easy chair, and full-sized pullout sofabed. The unit included a small, but fully equipped kitchen (two burner stove, full-sized refrigerator, sink, dishwaher, and microwave oven.) There is service for four, plus sample sized dish detergent, paper towels, cloth dish towel, and wash cloth provided. There were two televisions in the unit, which is great for a family with kids. The bathroom has a door separating the tub and toilet area from the sink and vanity area; the king sized bedroom is spacious and comfortable. Best of all, it's pet friendly!
The outdoor pool is open seasonally from 9 am -- 10 pm, and was a comfortable temperature. (Cold hotel pools are a major pet peeve of mine.) The hot tub was lovely, though there's only one step into it, and it's a big one -- a bit difficult to climb out of. The jets seemed to turn themselves on and off, which was a little funky, but still the hot tub was lovely. There is plenty of green space for walking dogs, picnic tables, and even a basketball court. The outdoor spaces are very pleasant.
Breakfast is included. It was very crowded our first day there, and even the overflow room was full, so we sat on the front porch, which was very nice. The selection of foods is excellent -- better than at the many Hampton Inns at which we've stayed over the years. We were there on a weekend, but it appears that a nightly entrée and drinks are available on weeknights. Coffee and tea are available 24/7.
We visit Indianapolis often, and this will be our new first choice hotel. We will absolutely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing takes the stress out of traveling by having everything you need to feel right at home. Our proximity to The Fashion Mall at Keystone you can find everything from a new tie at Brooks Brothers for your big meeting to take-home treats from Godiva Chocolatier. Many other local shops and restaurants are close for your enjoyment. Maintain your own workout program in our heated outdoor pool and fitness center, and relax. The outdoor sports court lets kids burn some energy shooting hoops. Our full hot breakfast is served every morning and in the evening social offers a complimentary light meal and beverages (Monday - Thursday)state and local laws apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Indianapolis At The Crossing Hotel Indianapolis
- Homewood Suites Indianapolis
- Homewood Indianapolis
- Hilton Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hilton
- Indianapolis Homewood Suites