“Great Home away from Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing
Ranked #36 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed here four weeks in row and have plans to stay another couple months on an Indy business project. The property is laid out like a nice townhome community and has "neighborhood" amenities like a basketball court, park benches, sidewalks, and for the summer time a hot tub and pool. The hotel offers free hot breakfast and free dinners and beer and wine Mon-Thur. What a deal! The food is pretty decent and is great if you don't feel like going out, plus it saves a lot of money. My wife travels with me frequently and the rooms are like apartments. She really enjoys hanging out there while I'm at work. You could live here, in fact I found it some people do who've been displaced due to fire, flood, etc. The rooms are bonafide suites and many have wood burning fireplaces. There's a full kitchen, two burner stove, microwave, full size fridge, and a dishwasher. It's fully stocked with dishes as well. The bedroom is a separate room as is the bathroom with a separate toilet/shower room. Two TV's and large windows.

The area is close to every kind of restaurant and shop and big box store you could ask for. Convenient to downtown Indy without having the take the highway during rush hours. Its quiet from any road noise or traffic.

The sales director has been very accommodating and the staff seem pleasant enough. Getting to know more of the staff as the weeks go by.

The reason for not giving 5 stars is that there are little ticky tack things that management could pay a little closer attention to in a proactive fashion. We've had a room with a sink leak that caused some odor, but management resolved. Another room we had obviously hadn't been rented in a while as it had a bit of a musty odor to it from being closed up for a while. The mustiness disappeared quickly and the room was fine. It seems that rooms aren't being inspected by a director of housekeeping maybe as frequently as needed. The food at dinner, while pretty good, could be hotter. I think this is due to the staff not ensuring the chafing dish lids are closed after a guest takes their food.

So while no hotel is perfect, including the high end resort brand hotels, this property is a great place for extended stays. I have 3 other folks staying with me on the project and other than the occasional neighbor noise no major issues.

Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room to avoid hearing your neighbors above you. This place allows pets so onc...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear JohnG,

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about your stay here at Homewood Suites. We were all so very glad to see that you and your wife are enjoying your time with us. We really appreciate your bringing these small issues to our attention, and I assure you they will be taken care of.

If there is anything else we can do to make you feel more at home during your time here, please do not hesitate to ask.

Homewood Suites Indianapolis - At The Crossing

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The room was spacious and clean, and smelled good! I had everything I could have asked for: a lot of towels, toiletries, pillows, and everything in the kitchenette was stocked and clean. The gym is small and not well ventilated, but the machines are of good quality. Free breakfast was yummy; they have waffles, ready-made eggs and egg sandwiches, meats and pastries. Every staff member i encounters was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the doors that connect the outside staircases with the hallway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear DaniB,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We always are so very glad to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us. Please come back to visit us again if you are in the area!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I want to begin by saying I waited 7 business days AFTER checking out to write this review in hopes that either Homewood local or Hilton would honor their word or Suite Assurance Guarantee. I had some unfortunate billing errors/holds while there. Upon calling the "management on duty",I was screamed at and hung up on because "there was nothing else he was going to tell me or do". Of course the employee denied screaming and it was swept under the rug. The billing issues continued and daily trip to the front desk for the remaining week of my stay. In one day there were FIVE holds placed on my credit card. After calling guest assistance, speaking with the manager and his manager, I wrote to the next level and was promised credit would be restored the day before I checked out. NO CREDIT STILL! Now I am told I "misunderstood". When I asked about the Satisfaction Assurance since I spent every day in credit hold misery and being absolutely disrespected by a portion of their staff, I get a sorry for your trouble speech. Service is everything and mistake or not after showing hard copies from my credit card company, this is HORRIBLE SERVICE. So how was my stay, well it is hard to say anything positive after so many lies, poor service levels, and questionable ethics.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank 1JusticeLady
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear 1JusticeLady,

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that we value your business as a guest and we have looked into the problems you had mentioned. Our records indicate that you have been compensated with 4 nights free out of your 14 night stay as discussed. If there are any outstanding charges other than those for the 10 nights of your stay that we have not resolved for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I especially would like to apologize that you did not receive the level of customer service that you deserve. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel respected and that we can resolve their issues in an efficient matter. I sincerely apologize if we could not deliver this for you however, I assure you that we are looking into the service issues you mentioned and will definitely use your comments to ensure we are delivering the service our guests deserve.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently stayed here while on a business trip to Indianapolis. The room was very large and nice, as well as clean. However each room is entered via an outdoor stairwell, there are no hallways. The main reason I like to stay at Homewood Suites is so I can take part in the afternoon reception with snacks and drinks, also the morning breakfast. However since it was very cold and snowy outside this type of layout is was an inconvenience, I ended up staying in my room since it wasn’t worth walking across the property in the cold. Another downfall was the pile of cigarette butts that were piled up(at least 25) in the stairwell near the window, you could tell either the maintenance staff or recent guests had been using the stairwell as their smoking hangout. I think I would be open to giving this hotel another try if it is a little warmer out otherwise I might as well go with another hotel that is cheaper and doesn’t offer the nice perks since I wouldn’t trudge through the cold anyways.

Room Tip: Don't stay durring the cold months.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear RK2004,

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel. I especially apologize that found cigarette butts near the stairwell. I can totally understand that this may have caused you an inconvenience; however, I am glad to inform you that soon all of our properties will be non-smoking.

Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and thank you for your feedback. I do hope that next time you are in our area; you give us the opportunity to stay with us.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I just wanted to get away for some time together after the busy holiday season. We cold not have had a better time, and Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis at the Crossing was a big part of what made our time away so enjoyable. From check-in to check-out our stay was very nice. The staff could not have been more friendly. The location was perfect - very close to the Fashion Mall, Castleton Square Mall, and other shopping and restaurants. It was also easy access to downtown Indy and other areas (i.e. Indianapolis Museum of Art / Indianapolis Motor Speedway) of the Circle City. Only two small glitches - 1) when booking the room, I chose one with a fireplace assuming it was gas. Not good to assume, but not a problem either since Homewood Suites offered complimentary artificial firelogs. They were out of these logs during our entire stay. No problem, just down the street at Kroger they sell individual logs for under $4.00. 2) There was only one television remote for two televisions. In the end it all worked out and we are happy we stayed at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

GregS,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay here. The staff and I were so glad to see you and your wife had such a great time. Please accept my apologies for the minor issues you experienced with your suite, I was glad to see these had such a minimal effect on your experience. We sincerely hope you will come to visit us again when you are in the area!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I came to Indianapolis for the first time in early December. I try to stay in the Hilton line of hotels, and this one looked pretty nice. We stayed here for 5 nights in early December. We had a 3rd floor room, off to the right side of the property. The room was nice and quiet and roomy. We were there to visit relatives.

However, on 2 of the mornings, we did not get any maid service, which I thought was kind of interesting. One morning, we left around 12.30 pm and the other morning we left around 10.30 am. I didn't let staff know (which, in hindsight, I should have), because I thought maybe this is the way it is at these type of "extended stay" hotels.

Other than that, I did enjoy the hotel. There's dinner M-Th, and breakfast every day.

Getting no maid service would NOT stop me from returning to this hotel when I go back to Indy.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the top floor, which is nice because you don't hear people above you
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear SD_Parrotheads,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I think I speak for our entire staff when I say how happy we were to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lapse in cleaning services for your suite, I will personally address this issue with our Executive Housekeeper.

Thank you again for writing such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I like this hotel and am comfortable here. There are a few minor complaints:

The bedstand lamp did not work, perhaps the bulb was burnt out.
The refrigerator door scraped the counter-top badly when opened and closed.
As a tea drinker, I want some kettle or pan to be able to boil water on the stove without having to use the coffee maker (using coffee makers to make tea just makes bad coffee-flavored tea).

I expected, like Candlewood Suites, a small market where I could buy some milk, oj, etc. There is none. However, the staff spent quite a bit of energy to try to find me some milk. They even found a gallon in the kitchen, poured some into small cups for me, etc. I appreciate their kindness, but would suggest that some "market" be available on the premises.

I really like the high-pressure shower.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

NMR3837,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! We are so glad you have felt at home during your stay with us. For the convenience of our guests, we do have our Suite Shop located in the lobby with snack/drink items and sundries for guests to purchase. For any items which we are unable to supply in the shop, we do provide complimentary shuttle service to local grocery stores as well as grocery shopping services for our guests. Thank you for making us aware of the maintenance issues with your suite, I will see to it that these are taken care of.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your great experience! Please come back to visit us again in the future!