“kind staff but a few things missing at hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing
Ranked #39 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I like this hotel and am comfortable here. There are a few minor complaints:

The bedstand lamp did not work, perhaps the bulb was burnt out.
The refrigerator door scraped the counter-top badly when opened and closed.
As a tea drinker, I want some kettle or pan to be able to boil water on the stove without having to use the coffee maker (using coffee makers to make tea just makes bad coffee-flavored tea).

I expected, like Candlewood Suites, a small market where I could buy some milk, oj, etc. There is none. However, the staff spent quite a bit of energy to try to find me some milk. They even found a gallon in the kitchen, poured some into small cups for me, etc. I appreciate their kindness, but would suggest that some "market" be available on the premises.

I really like the high-pressure shower.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

NMR3837,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! We are so glad you have felt at home during your stay with us. For the convenience of our guests, we do have our Suite Shop located in the lobby with snack/drink items and sundries for guests to purchase. For any items which we are unable to supply in the shop, we do provide complimentary shuttle service to local grocery stores as well as grocery shopping services for our guests. Thank you for making us aware of the maintenance issues with your suite, I will see to it that these are taken care of.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your great experience! Please come back to visit us again in the future!

Homewood Suites Indianapolis-At The Crossing

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at the Homewood Suites 10/22 - 24 2012. I was given my room keys on the evening of the 22nd. Got to "my" room and found that neither key worked. Unfortunately I had all my luggage with me so I went to the service phone and told them about it. The woman that had given me my keys said she would be "right there". After waiting 20 minutes I called back...she said that she got busy and would be there shortly....In 15 minutes I called again and she said, "OH, I'm sorry! I will be right there. This time she actually came running. So I said, what about my keys, they dont work. She said, "I will take them and activate them and slip them under your door". Well, I fell asleep waiting for her to return as I had a rough day. It was about to get rougher. At about 11:30 pm a guy came in the front door of "my room" and said he was "pretty certain that this was HIS room". I was groggy and must have appeared miffed and I was! He said "Im going to leave and go to the front desk". I said, "uh, yeah"! Shortly I was called and told that I had the wrong room and that this guys stuff was in the room closet. I checked and sure enough, it was. UNBELIEVEABLE... I kept the sheet that showed she had given me room #229, and I saw the sheet that he had that also said #229. I understand errors, but this type of error could cause bodily harm! My previous stay there, I came into the room and noted that it smelled bad in the room. I looked around and found that the kitchen sink had backed up and overflowed in the kitchen. They said they didnt have another room and they could send maint in tomorrow! WOW In neither case did anyone say anything to try and make these problems right. No future discounts, no free bottle of water, no Kewpie doll, NOTHING. Did get an I am sorry from the lady who gave two of us the same room but that was it! I had been going to this particular Homewood for so long that I went ahead and tried to make reservations again for my monthly trip to Indianapolis and they didn't have my credit card on file...They DID have someone else's card on MY FILE... That was the end for me.....

Room Tip: Go to the Spring Hill Suites. Its within a mile or so of the Homewood at a similar or cheaper price...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff H
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

JeffH,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Rest assured, this is not a typical experience at our property and I have looked into the issues you mentioned and will follow up personally with the staff involved. I have emailed you as well to discuss this matter further. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered, I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

As a rule of thumb, I rarely rate hotels "Excellent". It seems that something always reveals itself to make an otherwise excellent property only "Very Good" or "Average". This property is clean, well maintained and located in a nice neighborhood. The property, while somewhat compact, is set-up in a resort-like style. The suites are thoughtfully designed and well appointed. The bathrooms and carpets were clean and the showers had nice water pressure. Some exterior areas are beginning to show wear, but I can only assume the interiors have been recently renovated? (Is this correct Mr Arnold?). Also, we very much enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. It always contained a nice mixture of warm, hearty selections along with lighter breakfast fare such as yogurt, granola and fresh fruit. The coffee was fresh and hot! Good job guys! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeramie

Jeramie,

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about your stay! We were all so please to see you enjoyed your time here with us. We make every effor to ensure our property stays looking its best, the room interiors were renovated within the last few years. I was happy to see you found our accommodations and amenities comfortable and pleasing during your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Spent a weekend at this property and found it to be very good! The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. This property was also nice and quiet and very relaxing. The morning breakfast was quite good and had many great choices. The only issue was that when it was very busy on Sunday morning the staff wasn't quite able to keep up. Front Desk and cleaning staff were excellent, very friendly and always willing to help. One suggestion - Keep the outdoor hot tub open year round.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the main building so going outside to get there isn't so bad in bad weat...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

NeilW,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and sharing your positive experience with other travelers. We were so glad to see you had an enjoyable experience at our property and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been looking for a hotel that is our place of choice while visiting our son at Butler University. We have finally found it! The suite had everything we needed. Even a mini dishwasher!! The staff at check-in & check-out were friendly. The breakfast buffet was organized well with different stations so it wasn't congested even though there were a lot of people there. The location is great too, with restaurants and shopping nearby and easy access to downtown.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We advise a first floor room so you don't have to carry luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Karen G,

We are so glad to be your hotel of choice while visiting Butler University! Thank you for taking the time to make your pleasant experience known to our TripAdvisor readers! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rooms were clean and modern. Liked the idea of breakfast and dinner provided. Great location - close to malls and restaurants. Shared a room with a co-worker and since it is a suite there was plenty of room for both of us.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage ask for a bottom floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

JudiS4827,

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments. We were all so glad you had an enjoyable experience with us. Please come back to visit again soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

There isn't much to say about this property, either good or bad. It's a typical experience you get at a Homewood Suites, which isn't bad at all. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, the meals and snacks were ok.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Mike A, Director Of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Mike3412,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback from your stay with us. We are glad to have given you an enjoyable experience during your time here, we would welcome any additional feedback you could provide for ways we could improve the services we offer. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Homewood Suites Indianapolis - At The Crossing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Keystone
Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Keystone
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapoli...
#62 of 188 in Indianapolis
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Ironworks Hotel Indy
Ironworks Hotel Indy
#47 of 188 in Indianapolis

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing? Share your experiences!