“Things could only get better after check-in....”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing
Ranked #36 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Ohio
“Things could only get better after check-in....”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The family was in town for a soccer tournament and we decided on a double suite to allow us some down-time from the daughter plus allow her some space with her soccer teammates. Unfortunately, when we checked in, I was told we were in a King Suite with a hideaway. As I stated I was confirmed with a two-bedroom suite,but I was told-repeatedly-by the front desk personnel, that Homewood didn't confirm the room, only the soccer tournament confirmed the two-bedroom suite. As can be expected, there were no other rooms available at this hotel or any hotel in the area due to this soccer tournament-the hotel knew it had me, I knew they had me. The King Suite was fine except for: Huge spot on the bed's comforter-not a huge deal since I pull it off-but still gross, and the very sticky floors in the kitchen and the bathroom, the child lost a flip-flop while walking through-but even though the start of the trip was horrendous, Management at the hotel did call me later in the week and offered their apologies plus comp'd the room but that didn't make up for all the angst at check-in. It is a fine hotel but I would not come back again due to the problems-life is too short to patronize such establishments for creating strife during a family trip.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is very quiet but I would stay away from the basketball court area at all...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Scott E
Mike A, Director of Operations at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Scott E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with the room types not being honored. As you stated above, we have taken care of the night's charges for you, and a member of our sales team has contacted you to apologize for the mix-up. I realize what a headache this must have been for you and I sincerely apologize. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Warm Regards,

Mike Arnold
Director of Operations
Homewood Suites Indianapolis - At The Crossing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I booked my daughter's entire team to stay while we were in town for a tournament.The hotel came highly recommended. It is close to many restaurants, and shopping so that is a plus. The breakfast is good but they were out of alot while I was there. The one thing that noone has ever mentioned, even the desk staff when I called is that the breakfast area is not attached to the hotel. It is located in a building that is seperate from the other lodging building. Might be an issue for a family with kids or in the wintertime. It was an issue for us as we were traveling with a handicapped person so getting to breakfast was a little tedious. The staff is very friendly and helpful when asked. I would probably stay again as you can't beat the value you get compared to other downtown locations. Internet, parking, and breakfast all come with your stay.

Room Tip: Call ahead to get something close to the main building.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 632AndreaB
Mike A, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments about your stay with us, I was very please to see we were able to provide you with such great service. Being a Generation I Homewood Suites, our layout is a bit different than what most may expect. I do apologize if no one explained the layout of our property to you prior to making your reservations. If you are in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange for a room closer to the lodge to be more accommodating for you. Thank you again for the great comments, and we hope to see you again!

Warm Regards,

Mike Arnold
Director of Operations
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband stayed here one night, and I chose it because the location was near to places we were going to visit.Our room was much more than a suite--it was like an apartment with 3 distinct rooms. It even had a fireplace! (We didn't use it as it was a very warm spring night, but there were directions for using it.) The two TVs (one in living room & one in bedroom) were nice, new flat screens, and the available channels were plentiful. Our room was on the second floor in one of the buildings (it felt more like a small apartment complex than a hotel). We slept well--almost late for the breakfast. The breakfast was good with both hot and cold items available. The breakfast room seemed large enough to accommodate the rather large crowd as no one was waiting for a table & the food was refilled timely.
Check in and out was easy and the desk help were very friendly.
Even though I am a Hilton Honors member, I had not stayed in a Home Suites before, but if this is typical, I will look for them in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Italophile
Mike A, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Italophile,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back and see us anytime!
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Havecstayed at this hotel before and when I come back to the area I usually stay here...comfortable, quiet, and with a lot of extras.

Stayed March 2012
Mike A, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! Please come back and see us any time!
Connecticut
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We had an excellent five-day stay at the Homewood Suites in Indianapolis in mid-March.
The hotel is quiet, nicely run and in every way worked for us on an extended visit. The rooms were very comfortable, large and, well, suite-like. The free breakfast each morning was terrific. They even have free dinners four nights a week, which weas very good the evening we took advantage of it.
With a large business clientele bas the services were what they needed to be, a comfortable and proferssional business center, unedning flow of coffee, etc.
The site is a little remote from downtown in this very large-in-area city but that actually worked well for us -- plus it is close to the shopping ares of the northern quadrant and the arts facilities of adjacent Carmel.
We liked this place a lot.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mike A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am so very glad you enjoyed your time with us and had a comfortable stay. If you are ever in the are again, we would love to welcome you back to our property. Safe travels, and again, thank you for the kind words.
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed February 10, 2012

As I was relocating from Chicago to Indianapolis for work, I stayed at this property. It is absolutely amazing. It is quiet but centrally located. The facilities are more like apartments than a true "hotel" environment. Perks include dinner M-Th and breakfast every morning. Very friendly an addommoding staff. Laundry. Gym facilities. They only have an outdoor pool, so not a place for swimmers in the winter. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. You cannot go wrong staying here. Well done, Homewood Suites @ The Crossing.

Room Tip: Suites that face inward (i.e., not a parking lot) are great. Some have desks in the bedroom. Perfect...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Susie W
homewoodindy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and sharing your experience with us and other travelers. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while you transitioned into your new job. Welcome to Indianapolis!
Chicago
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My family stayed here for one night, and we loved it! The suites are like small apartments and are very well laid out. I imagine that it would be a great extended stay hotel as the units have small efficiency kitchens. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vengajen
homewoodindy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
We are thrilled to hear you and your family loved your stay with us! Our spacious suites meet the needs of our guests who stay just for the night and for those that stay with us for several months. The next time you are in Indy we would love to be your home away from home!