“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #61 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dayton, Ohio
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I took my 4 year old daughter on a trip to Indy this past week. We arrived at the hotel an hour and a half before check-in, but it was no problem. We were in the pool within half an hour or arrival. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was GORGEOUS. We were lucky enough to have a room overlooking the lake, which had 12 turtles swimming around first thing in the morning. We ate dinner in Bistro 33 (the hotel restaurant). It was absolutely delicious and very quiet.... there was only 1 other table dining (which was good cause my daughter was NOT being on her best behavior). We ordered room service for breakfast, which was pricey but delicious.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
USA
Reviewed June 9, 2010

The location made my mind up about booking the hotel but the service and cleanliness of this hotel will keep me coming back. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful we were able to get a late check out of 2:00pm because our flight left in the evening for free. The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms actually had some elbow room. The only thing was that when you flushed the toilets it sounded like a a jet was taking off. At least you knew it wasn't going to get clogged! With all the great things about this hotel I was almost able to overlook the fact that they don't have a contential breakfast. I thought all hotels did at this price point and didn't bother to ask up front. Guess I was wrong. They do have a restaurant with a $14.00 buffet. The bellman was able to get a driver to take us to the Fashion Mall and back. Much nicer than a cab. All in all, great stay and with our travelers were able to get the senior discount making the price fabulous. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2010

After traveling across two states and working a half day, the staff at the Marriott made check in seamless. They were friendly, kind and helpful. I got up to my room and realized I left all of my toiletries at home. I was EXHAUSTED. I came down to find out the nearest Walgreens/drug store and they promptly printed the map for me. Then the staff said "We can make you a little toiletry package that includes a tooth brush, deodarant, tooth paste, etc. " I was SO TIRED and SO EXCITED that I would not have to go out that night that I accepted. When I came down the next day, they actually asked if the "goodies" were to my satisfactionl. YES! Additionally, our group was so tired from the drive that our group ate in the hotel restaurant. The food was good. The wine the server suggested was GREAT! Its a shame the place was empty because we all thought it was a good value for a hotel. Then the next week I needed to stay in Indy, but every other hotesl couldn't be bothered. This Marriot could not have been nicer in helping me and my family a room. Book this hotel with confidence. The rooms are clean, the staff is nice, the food (at dinner) was good. It may not be the cheapest room in town, but its a good value for those who want quality.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Bellburgmaggie
Indianapolis
Reviewed February 4, 2010

You can't beat the location of this hotel-Keystone Mall is within walking distance and Castleton Mall is about 3 minutes away. About any restaraunt you could imagine is within10 minutes away (Champ's, Maggiano's, PF Changs, Friday's, and Cheesecake Factory are right by the hotel) and there are a ton of places to eat near Castleton. The lobby was nice and spacious and the rooms were clean and comfortable (bathrooms were pretty big). Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank Johnny2032
accountant_guy
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I am a frequent Marriott guest choosing to stay at their hotels whenever possible. The service at this full service Marriott is right up there with some of the best I have seen. The price and location were also great. I had breakfast included for myself, wife, and children for about 13 bucks. The breakfast was buffet style, and everything was excellent. The only thing that prevented me from giving this hotel five circles is the room decor was a bit dated and the Internet was wired as opposed to my preferred wireless. These two items however would definitely not prevent me from staying here again or recommending to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank accountant_guy
UK
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My stay at the Marriott North in July could not have been better! It was very hot, but the hotel was cool and comfortable. The staff at reception and in the restaurant were very welcoming and really tried to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The room was very spacious, clean, nicely decorated and the bed with lots of big, soft pillows was heaven! I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend it for business and for leisure.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Sussex9
Columbus, OH
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I was very impressed with this hotel. It was very clean and the service was wonderful. It was located near shopping and entertainment with easy access to the freeway. My room had a balcony that overlooked a pond. It was beautiful. It lacked patio furniture, but it was nice to be able to stand outside or bring a chair from the room to sit. The bed was comfortable and there were extra outlets available for charging cell phones and camera batteries. There were even extra outlets on the desk lamp and ports for business travel. The staff was courteous and helpful. The cocktails at the bar were a bit pricey, but other than that, the hotel had nice amenities. There was an indoor pool and jaccuzzi, exercise room, business center, on site restaurant and an on site bar. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again when in Indy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family