“Very nice room at a nice location”

Indianapolis Marriott North
Ranked #60 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I stayed here for one night.
We were greeted nicely at the counter and given a quick check-in.
I had trouble with the TV where I had audio but no video. I called the front desk and they told me to shut off the tv for 20 seconds and turn back on with the remote. Seemed odd but it worked.
I had another problem with the TV and I called the front desk again. I explained the problem and they sent a service person up and he was there in about 1 minute and fixed the problem.
The room and bathroom were very clean. The bed was very comfortable. Our room overlooked the parking lot on the 5th floor so there wasn't much to talk about there but we were only spending one night and the view wasn't important but if you're staying a while I would ask for a room on the side that faces the lake.
Room service was very prompt even though the girl at the front counter told us it would be up to two hours to get our meal due to how busy it was which seemed a bit strange to me. We had our meal within 20 minutes.
Food was above average from the Bistro. We ate breakfast in the Bistro but had bad service from the waiter. It was maybe 10 minutes before we saw anything of him when we were seated and then another 10-15 minutes to come back with drinks.
We ended up going up to the Buffet due to his lack of attention figuring it would be quicker service. They had a good selection of food which was pretty tasty. Again, the waiter was no where to be found for refills of our drinks. When asked for more coffee, he forgot but eventually showed up with our bill.
Overall, a nice stay, clean room, comfortable bed and the hotel staff very polite and attentive with the exception of the Bistro waiter.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wonderin_y

Reviewed January 3, 2009

Stayed for one night near the end of December 2008. The hotel overall is lovely. Ask for a lake view and a high floor. There was a large balcony outside of our room (some outside chairs would have been a nice touch, but there weren't any). Has a beautiful lobby with a covered entry/driveway. The staff was very pleasant and the BBQ quesadillas from room service were fantastic. This hotel is next to a suburban type mall with higher end retail. There are a few restaurants nearby. We did not see any fast food places close to the hotel. There is a large chain bookstore across the lake. We felt safe in the area and it is easy to get on and off the highway near the hotel. There were some small issues with our room - primarily hair on the bathroom floor and shower walls. However, the room was completely clean otherwise. I found the room we were in to be quieter than average as to hallway noise. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chiefette1970
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I stayed one night for a business conference held on site. The facility is exactly what you would expect from Marriott. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The food served during the conference was average; I've had better at other Marriotts. My room had a wide-screen HDTV and digital cable. When I first turned the TV on it had sound but no picture, but the front desk helped with a simple fix and everything was fine. Plus the clerk gave me 500 extra reward points!! The hotel is located within walking distance of the Keystone Crossing Fashion Mall and several restaurants. The Castleton mall is a short drive down the road. Very nice and safe area. The hotel is located right off of the 465 loop on Indy's north end. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed September 3, 2008

As we drove up to the Marriott in Indy, we noticed that there was plenty of self parking spaces available so we did not do valet, which is probably a good thing, because there wasn’t anyone except the girl behind the desk present. Oh well. Check in was fine, but some things were noticeably missing. How about a Starbucks? That would have been nice after a 5 hour drive, but they did have lemonade. Oh and they did offer coffee in a press pot, and a bar! A bar? I would have rather had a Starbucks! I would have taken a glass of lemonade with me to my room, but unfortunately I had to wheel my luggage—no free hands. No bellman either.
We were lucky enough to get a room several floors up with a view of a small pond and a distant view of the city. We had a nice sized balcony but alas--no chairs!
I was happy to see an iron and ironing board, a coffee maker (however, very cheap food service grade coffee) and a bath robe and a flat screen TV. The large bed was nice and comfy with nice linens. It’s too bad they opted out for the luxury towels in the bathroom—they were horribly scratchy!
Also, there wasn’t a make-up mirror, a mini bar or a safe in the room.
Hummmm, makes one wonder, with an upscale mall across the street, don’t you think that a female guest might visit the hotel and want some of these essential amenities? It’s not all men who travel nowadays!
To be fair, it is a nice hotel, they just forgot to cater to an upscale clientele. Maybe the Hyatt next time???

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My mom and I had a mother/daughter weekend and we truly felt we were on vacation! We had a king room with a very large balcony looking over the lake at the back of the property. The room was extremely comfortable and large. The view from the balcony was superb. The only downfall, no table or chairs on the patio to enable one to sit out and enjoy the view. Also, there is an outside restaurant/bar on the opposite side of the lake. It's nice to hear the live music, but not when you are trying to sleep at midnight. Bring your earplugs. We treated ourselves to room service and dessert. The banana split and the raspberry sorbet were AWESOME and our service person, Matt, was so polite and helpful. We went to the Bistro for breakfast and truly enjoyed the buffet and again the beautiful view of the lake. Even though we live on the northside of Indianapolis, we would most definitely stay at the Marriott again. I am planning a weekend retreat for me and my husband. We will get a great weekend and save on gas.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Beautiful room - Large, great view, flat screen tv, feather pillow top on bed. Pleasant staff. Overall a very nice stay.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 25, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at this Marriott three times over the past eight months. It's a most pleasant hotel and our first choice when staying in Indy. Rooms are spacious, modern, very clean, have comfortable beds and are quiet. Staff is exceedingly friendly and efficient. Rooms on the hotel's south side have the best view, overlooking the small lake and surrounding area. The breakfast buffet in the Bistro 33 restaurant is excellent. All in all, highly recommended when traveling to Indy's north side. We'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Delmarvin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis Marriott East
Indianapolis Marriott East
#1 of 188 in Indianapolis
Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel

Been to Indianapolis Marriott North? Share your experiences!