“Where are the amenities?”

Indianapolis Marriott North
Ranked #54 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
“Where are the amenities?”
Reviewed September 3, 2008

As we drove up to the Marriott in Indy, we noticed that there was plenty of self parking spaces available so we did not do valet, which is probably a good thing, because there wasn’t anyone except the girl behind the desk present. Oh well. Check in was fine, but some things were noticeably missing. How about a Starbucks? That would have been nice after a 5 hour drive, but they did have lemonade. Oh and they did offer coffee in a press pot, and a bar! A bar? I would have rather had a Starbucks! I would have taken a glass of lemonade with me to my room, but unfortunately I had to wheel my luggage—no free hands. No bellman either.
We were lucky enough to get a room several floors up with a view of a small pond and a distant view of the city. We had a nice sized balcony but alas--no chairs!
I was happy to see an iron and ironing board, a coffee maker (however, very cheap food service grade coffee) and a bath robe and a flat screen TV. The large bed was nice and comfy with nice linens. It’s too bad they opted out for the luxury towels in the bathroom—they were horribly scratchy!
Also, there wasn’t a make-up mirror, a mini bar or a safe in the room.
Hummmm, makes one wonder, with an upscale mall across the street, don’t you think that a female guest might visit the hotel and want some of these essential amenities? It’s not all men who travel nowadays!
To be fair, it is a nice hotel, they just forgot to cater to an upscale clientele. Maybe the Hyatt next time???

• Liked — Location to mall.
  • Disliked — Get some bellman!!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My mom and I had a mother/daughter weekend and we truly felt we were on vacation! We had a king room with a very large balcony looking over the lake at the back of the property. The room was extremely comfortable and large. The view from the balcony was superb. The only downfall, no table or chairs on the patio to enable one to sit out and enjoy the view. Also, there is an outside restaurant/bar on the opposite side of the lake. It's nice to hear the live music, but not when you are trying to sleep at midnight. Bring your earplugs. We treated ourselves to room service and dessert. The banana split and the raspberry sorbet were AWESOME and our service person, Matt, was so polite and helpful. We went to the Bistro for breakfast and truly enjoyed the buffet and again the beautiful view of the lake. Even though we live on the northside of Indianapolis, we would most definitely stay at the Marriott again. I am planning a weekend retreat for me and my husband. We will get a great weekend and save on gas.

• Liked — The decor, the comfort of the beds, the staff and the view from the back of the hotel rooms.
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Beautiful room - Large, great view, flat screen tv, feather pillow top on bed. Pleasant staff. Overall a very nice stay.

Stayed July 2008
Delmar, NY
Reviewed June 25, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at this Marriott three times over the past eight months. It's a most pleasant hotel and our first choice when staying in Indy. Rooms are spacious, modern, very clean, have comfortable beds and are quiet. Staff is exceedingly friendly and efficient. Rooms on the hotel's south side have the best view, overlooking the small lake and surrounding area. The breakfast buffet in the Bistro 33 restaurant is excellent. All in all, highly recommended when traveling to Indy's north side. We'll be back.

• Liked — Just about everything
  • Disliked — Bed comforters are a bit too heavy in warmer weather
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Delmarvin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at the Marriott Indy North to celebrate the new year. It was a great hotel and we had a great view of the lake that is in back of the hotel. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. It is very close to Keystone at the Crossing and other restaurants in the area. I definitely plan to return for another weekend getaway. It felt like we were on vacation even though we were still in Indianapolis.

• Liked — The bed with all the pillows - it was very comfortable!
  • Disliked — I didn't stay long enough.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amannva
NY
Reviewed March 16, 2008

This hotel was perfect for me. I came into Indianapolis with my children and mother, and we all enjoyed our stay at this Marriott.

The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, the restaurant (Bistro) was tasty and the view of the lake was pleasing to the eyes and relaxing to the mind.

If I had to find something negative to say about this hotel, it would be that it's distance to downtown Indianapolis was about 20 minutes away.

Anytime I travel to this area, I plan on staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Ambiance
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank needhelp2315
Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Will stay here in a heartbeat. Tremendously surprising for a midwest hotel. Everything about the hotel was first-class. Service, food, location, view, rooms, pool, exercise room. I could live in this hotel. Not the Ritz, but very well run.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Having to pay for internet, but that applies at most places
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business