“Comfortable hotel in a good location.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Indianapolis Marriott North

Indianapolis Marriott North
Ranked #63 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Comfortable hotel in a good location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent the last weekend here and I would say it was a comfortable but average stay. The property is nice but I'm not sure it's as upscale/customer service focused as other Marriott properties I have stayed at. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were clean. The bathroom was spacious and we had plenty of hot water. Our room was a little larger than average and had a nice couch in addition to the desk chair and easy chair/ottoman. The only minor complaints I had were the door to our room "stuck" a bit and I had to make sure I had pulled it fully shut. There is no safe in the room and I wish there had been one for my iPad/SLR camera. There was shampoo but no conditioner (two bottles of lotion instead). WiFi was extra. All around it was a comfortable room and the price ($129/night) was sufficient for the amenities offered. I would probably stay there again. The location is great for shopping and dining!

Room Tip: The lake side (odd numbered rooms) are more scenic than the even numbered rooms. The even numbered...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay overnight after a wedding and reception which was held at the Marriott. The Hotel staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was your basic room with a king bed. Room was clean. Hotel seemed up to date and clean throughout. My only complaint of the day was prior to going to bed after a late night at the wedding reception I called the front desk and asked for a later checkout. The front desk agreed to a 1pm checkout at no charge. At 10:30AM the next morning the cleaning staff knocked on our door (with the do not disturb sign still on the door). Before I could get to the door to answer she announced very loudly "I'm sorry" and was gone. When I told the front desk what happened they apoligized and asked if I was a Marriott rewards member. When I told them I was not she again stated "I'm sorry." I am not upset they didn't do anything for us but it left me with the impression that if I was a Marriott rewards member they would have taken care of the issue and given me something for the trouble. But since I wasn't.....oh well.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David L
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here one night for business and really enjoyed it. The location is fantastic as there were lots of great places to walk to and shop and/or eat! Maggianos', Cheesecake, PF Chang's, etc. Great shopping too, but get ready to shop at the higher end places.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jmelissaprentice
G M, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott North, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We are glad you chose to stay with us and thankful for the feedback!! The next time you come to Indianapolis again we hope to host you and perhaps point you in the direction of some of the excellent Zagat award winning local restaurants nearby the hotel as well.
Thank you again!!
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here Aug 8-12 2013 while attending a wedding for one of relatives who live in the area. One of our most favorite Marriott's we have ever stayed in! We arrived late Thursday night due to a 6 hour delay in NY and were very surprised when we walked in to the front lobby. VERY nice, CLEAN, and we were greeted by several very pleasant people at the front desk. The went up to our room and were very pleased. Clean & well maintained with a nice big bathroom. THE BED WAS THE MOST COMFORTABLE we have slept in !! We wanted to have it shipped home! Breakfast buffet was fantastic, good food and very nice staff. The staff at the bar were very nice & always made us feel welcome. We even used the exercise room & pool (CLEAN & Well Kept) We will probably come back to visit our relatives again & when we do, we will Definitely stay here again. The staff at this Marriott were top level & should be commended for running a very fine hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lake side, very relaxing view in the morning especially if you like to see the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
G M, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott North, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you so very much for staying with us, we were happy to have you as our guests!! We certainly appreciate your kind evaluation and hope to have you as our guests again should you find yourselves back in Indianapolis!
Thank you again!
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay here as my hotel of choice for the Indianapolis area, Its on the north side in Fishers, IN. The hotel is in a great location, next to a mall with multiple restaurants from high end to franchise. It is close to free electric car charging (no electric car, I think the readers may want to know) and next to a highway entrance for easy commuting.

I have held meetings here, used the business center, work out area...all top notch service.

The bellman went and brought my car up to the front entrance one day when it was raining. He noticed me looking out at the parking lot and went and brought my car to me.

Everything that you would expect from a hotel.

Room Tip: Front desk is very accomodating, ask for room preference.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us! Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are very happy to hear we made your stay comfortable and easy to accomplish your goals. I will be sure to share this with the team and we all hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again soon!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel was your average hotel. No breakfast of any kind is including in the high price paid for a nightly stay. Somehow my reservation for my girls trip of 4 adult women when I requested 2 beds per room had gotten flipped to me requesting KING BED for 4 adults! I showed them my confirmation and there wasn't "anything they could do" because they were booked solid and so was every hotel within a 50 mile radius of the city, evidently. I wouldn't ever stay here again because it's over priced and they wouldn't offer us anything for our inconvenience. Thank heavens they had a roll away cot! It was extremely uncomfortable and I wouldn't recommend this hotel for any reason. Stay next door at the Hyatt Place!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

During a client visit I decided to stay at this hotel instead of the downtown Indy are as the hotel is across the highway from my client. While the employees were very helpful and the service was good the hotel rooms leave a lot to be desired. The rooms are your standard, boring Marriott rooms with no amenities (fridge, microwave) and I won't be staying there again and will go back downtown even though its a 25 minute drive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased that you felt our team was helpful and the service was good. I would be happy to hear suggestions you might have that would have made it an excellent stay, please feel free to contact me at the hotel at 317-705-000. Thank you again for staying at the Indianapolis Marriott North.