“A Nice Comfortable Place to Stay”

Indianapolis Marriott North
Ranked #60 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Upon arrival, your walk into a nice and inviting lobby, greeted by the usual Marriott standard of warm and friendly staff. My room had a balcony overlooking the pond. The room layout is nicely appointed and comfortable. I am usually a fionicky sleeper when I travel. The beds were most comfortable. I awoke feeling very rested in the morning.

I ended up staying right until check out time since I found the desk space so comforrtable to use. I will definetely be back if I find myself in this neck of the woods again.

Room Tip: A room overlooking th epond is very nice
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jmlalley3

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Perfect for buiness travel - as usual Marriott lives up to it's standards.

Perfect, friendly and very helfpull front desk staff, good hotel rooms with perfect beds! I'll usually have problems sleeping in new locations and hotels but with Marriott I can always sleep as of the first night!

Make sure to have a room with lake view -- the other rooms mostly face the highway side.

There is a good shopping mall in walking distance if you have time to shopping. Also there are some very good restaurants around.

One that I have to recommend is "Eddie Merlot" - got one of the best filet steaks ever! A must if you are around. Beware - it's a bit more on the expensive side but worth every $!

Room Tip: Lake View!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nieff
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Marriott North is a wonderful hotel, especially for business travelers. The staff is warm, friendly and extremely helpful. The location is convenient to many restaurants, 465 and an upscale mall. The restaurant and bar exceed expectations, as well. The rooms are comfortable, Marriott beds and no gap under the door which makes for peaceful sleep. Finally, the concierge lounge is outstanding. If you visit frequently, the hostess will greet you by name. Plenty of papers, comfortable seating and a diverse buffet with an abundance of choices.

Request a room on the lakeside, and if you have time, take a stroll around the lake where you can watch ducks and turtles-very relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lake side of the hotel to avoid high noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel and I was here for 2 weeks on business. The room was comfortable and spacious with a nice view over the lake. The staff were professional and friendly at all times. I actually dined in the restaurant more than exoected as the food was really good and the staff (Donna) very friendly and welcoming.
The Fashion Mall is a short walk away and the Castleton Mall and Cinema a 10 min drive so the hotel location was perfect for me.
The only thing I would ask for is the Golf Channel on TV ! :)
Recommended!

Room Tip: Get a lake view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TurkT
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I usually stay at Marriott East while in Indy. Tried the North and it was not quite as updated as East but closer to where I need to be and was clean and well staffed. Greeted by staff at arrival and all were professional. Would recommend if doing business in this part of Indianapolis.

Room Tip: 11th floor concierge was nice and staff excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here one night for a recent convention. All aspects of the hotel were very nice. Room, bed, toiletries, chair in room, etc. were all top notch. I would definitely choose this location for future conferences.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was on a short business trip and stayed here. The staff greeted me upon my arrival and offered several nice services. Everyone acknowledged me and welcomed me to the hotel. I had work to do so I did room service. I ordered something that I really did not enjoy - a hotel pizza - Yes, I should have known better. When I phoned to have the tray picked up they asked how I enjoyed dinner. I was candid with them and in return, they could not be more accommodating. Brenda was very apologetic and sent coffee and dessert to my room. Then called to ask if there was anything else that they could do.

I had a business lunch in the hotel the next day and the food was delicious and the service quick and responsive. I will definitely stay here next time I am up for business or pleasure.

BTW: The view from my room was great - I'll post a photo, if possible. The hotel is also near a mall and within 60 seconds drive time of 20 restaurants - so there are plenty of choices and things to do.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business