“A very good value”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #95 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Jameson Inn Indy-Carmel for two nights. We were attending a horse show in the area. The Jameson was exceptionally clean and neat. The rooms were spacious. I did not use the pool, but the area looked clean and comfortable. The wake up calls were automated and reliable. The breakfast was fair, but nothing to complain about as it is included in the very reasonable price.
A few opportunities for improvement: Front desk staff were nice but not very helpful. They do not provide hair conditioner and it was not available in the little store or from housekeeping. This was annoying as I forgot mine. Front desk staff did not know east from west or north from south when providing directions. The pillows are over-filled and not good for sleeping.

All in all this was a great place to stay for the Trader's Point horse show. I slept well and parking and breakfast were convenient. I would stay there again for an overnight in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JamesonInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear cellapink
Thank you for staying with us at the Jameson Inn Carmel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to notify us of areas we can improve. Jameson Inns has been updating and improving many items in their rooms. Currently we provide a two in one option shampoo/conditioner. Typically we do have extra "name brand" shampoos and conditioner in our store, and I apologize for not keeping up on our stock. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. Their is always room for improvement and we are grateful for feedback so that we can evaluate our services.
Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff was very friendly to us! There was an issue w the booking & they ended up upgrading us from 2 queen beds, to a king suite. We were traveling w 2 little children & everyone there seemed happy they were there.
The only complaint I have, was that the pool did not seem super clean. But other then that...we had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Dear Cheaprooms.com Traveler
Thank you for your feedback on your current stay with us at the Jameson Inn Carmel. Your feedback allows us the opportunity to improve in areas we might overlook. On a weekly basis we do have inspections done on our pool from the Hamilton County Health Department and we have found it to be very helpful to keep everything running on track. We will continue to improve our cleanliness of the pool and all areas and aspects of the hotel. Thank you again for your time and review. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here while in town for the Brickyard 400. While the people of Indianapolis were very rude, the one thing I can say is that we looked forward to going back to the Jameson Inn. The rooms were very clean, staff was fantastic with their customer service and the breakfast in the morning was terrific. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area. You will get great service, a clean property and be treated with kindness. Great job!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ercowgirl

Dear ercowgirl
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Jameson Inn Carmel. Brickyard is always a very busy time for us, at it's great to hear that even in our busiest of times we are providing the excellent service all of our guests deserve!
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in June 2012. When I turned down the bed at 10:30 pm there was blood on the sheet. I called the front desk and they came and changed them. The key card would only work one time and every time we left the room we had to go to the desk and get a new card to get into the room. The toilet overflowed in the early morning hours. We called the desk and they brought some towels to soak up the mess on the floor and gave us a key card to a room down the hall and we had to use that room to shower and get ready. It was so inconvenient. I will not stay at this hotel again! The management did offer me a complimentary room at any of their hotels.....thanks but no thanks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Maijane C.
We are deeply sorry for the very inconvenient stay that you recently had here with us at the Jameson Inn. It is inexcusable for the sheets to be in that condition. We have worked very hard with all of our housekeeping staff to provide all guests with a clean and comfortable room during their stay. Please know that we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and hope that in the future you will give us another try. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Booked on the fly while traveling from Texas to Indiana for family visits. No hassles when booking. Great room easy access from I465 and N. Meridian St.

Room Tip: We stayed on the groung floor. Quiet....
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Larry W

Dear Larry W.
Thank you for staying with us at the Jameson Inn Carmel we appreciate your time writing a review. We are very fortunate to be located in a great location that is conveniently located off the highway. Happy to know that your stay was hassle free and we hope to see you again in the near future. Again thank you for you response.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had been to this hotel in the past on a family vacation. Everything was great and we had an enjoyable time. I went back expecting the same results and was blown away with TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!! I went there with a coupon and long story short was treated like I was nothing. The worst part was the manager, Samantha gave me a whole story on why they couldn't accept the coupon and that it was a certain area and stuff about taxes. Completely UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE!!!!! I will not be back unless they do something about the staff. People don't need to spend their hard earned money on people that will treat you so badly. I thought the golden rule was treat people how you want to be treated. Business or not you will not get that here. I'm so upset because this was the place I always stayed when I went to Indy. Great hotel terrible service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
JamesonInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Jill86868686:
I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. We at Jameson Inns strive to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests at all times. The coupon rates do vary per location, we did offer a different discounted rate to try and work with your price budget. We hope that you will return in the future and give us another chance to wow you with our outstanding customer service.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel in April 2012. Like the other reviews have noted, the service is very good - friendly and accomodating. The location is also good. Close to everything needed.
The room was relatively clean and comfortable. The heating / air system is old - either on or off and blows directly onto one bed. We also had a leaking faucet in the bathroom which dripped incessantly and likely wasted water. I may or may not stay here again but I don't regret this stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PSS4444

Dear PSS444:

Thank you for staying with us at the Jameson Inn Carmel. We appreciate the feedback from your stay. Here at Jameson Inns we take maintenance issues very seriously. On a monthly basis we do preventative maintenance in our rooms to try and prevent issues like this from occurring. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. Next time you’re in Indianapolis we hope you will choose the Jameson Inn Carmel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
Courtyard Indianapolis Carmel
#77 of 185 in Indianapolis
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!