“Was disappointed....”

Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest
Ranked #94 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The guy at the desk which was a young, black gentlemen (I don't remember his name) he was very nice and got is checked in fairly quick. When we got to our suite it was ok.. Everything seemed pretty nice. Even though our room was right next to the stairs. So we were hearing people all night. We had a jacuzzi two of the jets didn't work that well. Anyway we went out to dinner and came back to hang out for the evening.. Our comforter was nice and seemed new I was laying on it and kept smelling perfume.. It was the comforter and when I pulled it back it had blonde hairs all over it. (I have brown hair) when we pulled it off there were visible sex stains on it. It clearly wasn't washed. We were disgusted, called down and the front desk guys brought us a new one and he was dressed sloppy and didn't seem to care. The next morning breakfast was terrible the eggs were gross and the sausage didn't look good at all, the coffee was terrible.. The only thing that was good was the waffles. The guy at the desk seemed sloppy and had holes is his shirt, seemed annoyed that I was asking for an extra coffee package.. He was talking crap about his co workers.. He was rude and didn't ask us if we enjoyed our stay or anything.. Very unprofessional. We won't be staying again considering what I paid!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Ashreed85
ClarionInnGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

We appreciate your input on your stay. Our comforters are washed on a regular basis and all the rooms were recently done. The whirlpool jets are actually adjustable to control the flow and just need to be turned slightly to increase the airflow to suit the preference of each guest. That was the case with this whirlpool suite. I'm sorry that the breakfast was not to your satisfaction. We normally get very good comments our breakfast and this past weekend was no exception. Please give us a call to see what we can do to make your next stay more to your liking.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was in town for just one night, but was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The room was comfortable and updated. The bedding was good to sleep on... I slept in late the next morning!! Not a very busy hotel, but that was fine with me. Staff was friendly and helpful. No issues at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
ClarionInnGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your return to Indy!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were nervous when we checked in and there were only 5 cars in the parking lot ... Now we know why! The lot was covered in snow without any salt. When we checked in we found our refrigerator didn't work. We were told we needed to pull it out and make sure it was plugged in. We paid extra for a room divided sweet. What we got was a couch in our room and only 1 TV. Breakfast ... Now that was fun. The meat and eggs were cold in the warmer. When addressed with the attendant, he put it in the microwave. How long had they been sitting there cold? So, I moved on to the waffle maker ... Followed the instructions and it stuck all over. When I addressed this with the attendant, he told me it was yesterday's batter and made more to pour on top of the old batter in the dispenser ... I ate cereal. Also in the breakfast area, instead of news in the morning, they were playing an offensive 90's comedy show. When I pay over $100 a night ... I expect better than this!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MoneyMan70
ClarionInnGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I can assure you that we have the lot both plowed and salted whenever it needs it and your stay was no exception. I apologize that the food was not warmed up when it was put out but I'm sure you understand that most limited service hotels have to use a microwave to heat food since we do not have stoves or full kitchens. Our double minisuites have recently had the room divider(archway) taken out to make room for the new Queen size beds we are getting this year.I would love to speak with you about the other issues so that I can work on getting them corrected.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Ok, so this wasn't the worst hotel I have been to, but I would never go there again.

When got to the hotel, waited for 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk to check us in. We even tried calling from the phone in the lobby but no one answered. When the guy finally showed up, he was dripping with sweat which he kept licking from his upper lip and then our checkin took forever (said he couldn't find the reservation my roommate had made). His reason for the wait was he was assisting another guest. Then perhaps only one person working at 6 pm on a Saturday night is not enough? The people waiting to checkin behind us were equally as grumpy about the wait and then the time it took.

Got to our room and the minute we walked in there was a very strong smell which I would describe as musty. The air didn't work through the night. They also only put 2 towels in a room which was explained to a member of our group that they don't have enough for four per room. Problem is when you try to call to get more towels the one person working can never seem to answer and when you go to the front desk to try and get more you either have to hunt someone down who cant help you because they are busy at the moment or sometimes hear things like, "I can't tell which ones are clean and which ones are dirty so I'll need to wash them...come back in couple hours." Which I guess is better than being given a dirty towel...

The room also did not feel very clean, despite the GM claiming new carpet and new air conditioner. When my roommate tried to complain about our stay, we were offered a small discount along with a lot of excuses. And no, GM, the smell in the room was NOT from new carpet. Maybe it was gone after we checked out...

Had we not had an entire team staying there, we would have found other accommodations. No one from our group was happy, and I would not recommend staying there to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ddecamp
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room was fine, comfortable bed and everything seemed to be recently redone except the bathroom, which was OK but could use some upgrades. I stayed at this hotel for a week, as I was in town for a conference and the hotel was across the street. The biggest differentiator for me was the staff - they were the BEST. Really nice people, very welcoming and they made me feel not only like a valued customer, but a very welcome guest. Stacey, Josh, Mike, and even the housekeeping staff were above and beyond in terms of professionalism and customer service, and their personal attention and kindness made me feel like I was staying with friends, not at a chain hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Rooms are newly renovated - Flat Screen T.V.'s, Fresh Linen, Very comfortable Beds, clean and fresh. Friendly Staff and the Breakfast is hot and filling.

I would HIGHLY recommend this property - Just minutes from downtown safe and secure business area.

Room Tip: Westside of building
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dennis H
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked this hotel for business. All my staff were on the first floor and none of them had heat or hot water. Several rooms were not serviced. Wrote a complaint on-site and gave it to the front desk clerk Shawn. No response from the hotel. Would not stay here again. Looking for another host hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business