“By the Pyramids on Michigan Rd.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest

Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #60 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Newburgh, Indiana
“By the Pyramids on Michigan Rd.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2006

Adequate, but had a huge problem with the breakfast area the next morning: the "hostess" was so busy helping people with the waffle iron that the "buffet" was out of food and silverware and the place was unkempt with trash. When the hostess finally went to refill the food, she was licking her fingers. I didn't go back for refills. Also - not the hotel's fault - kids were running around like crazy in the eating area, sticking their hands in some kind of "pond" - with some of them barefoot. UGH! My sister has stayed there with a good internet special and businessmen at breakfast and had a good experience.

2 Thank travelingmomma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2006

We stayed here after reading TripAdvisor reviews and weren't disappointed. The rooms and common areas were clean and the staff was efficient. Freebies like breakfast and evening snacks were a nice extra. We had no complaints--we'll check out other hotels in this chain and hope they're all this nice.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank Veghead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2006

Wow! My husband and I really enjoyed staying at this Drury Inn in Indianapolis. We have never stayed at any Drury Inn before, and after this experience we wonder why we did not try here before Holiday Inn, Ramada, Court Yard, Best Western etc.

We stayed here for 4 night in March. The building may be a little bit old, but the room is very clean! Our non-smoking room was quiet (this is very important to us!). The bed was big enough. The staff was friendly.

It is located within the walking distance from Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans and other restaurants.

Good hot breakfast - waffel, scramble egg, sausage, gravy with biscuit (it was the same during our entire stay). Unlike some other hotels, this one has a large breakfast room.

What we liked so much about Drury Inn were free snacks and drinks from 5PM-7PM, free popcorn and soft drinks in the room, and free one hour long distance call!

If we ever return to Indianapolis, we will go back there for SURE!

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank sxs0797
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2006

I travel frequently on business and this was one of the nicest hotels I have visited in this price range. The drinks and food are great and the staff was extremely helpful (Even helped jump my car when I left my lights on, something I never would have expected). As to the car that was broken into, Indy is a major metropolitan area, you'll have that once in a while wherever you are.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisJ_1978
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2006

I was told to be park in the reary parking lot to be near my room. My car was broke into with window broke out and stereo ripped out doing alot of financial damage. I notified the hotel manager only to be told they will not be responsible for any damages to my car. When the police came to make a report I informed that it just happened to another person the evening prior to the day I checked in.
The hotel was totally aware of it and did not warn me about parking in the rear. I feel that sending a woman alone to the back parking lot could of been alot more serious than just my car being burglarized. If this doesn't get posted I will post it on another website. People should be warned of such risks! I also did the customer survey to report it and nobody has contacted me.

Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2005

Stayed here while I was in Indianapolis for business. Great hotel. Staff very friendly, room was very clean and the high speed internet worked great.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
Outer Banks, NC, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2005

A nice clean place for as low as $70/night. Three free drinks in evening (wine, beer, or liquor/mixed) with nachos/cheese/salsa/jalapenos chexmix snacks. Hot breakfast changes daily (eggs, sausage, waffles, biscuits/gravy, french toast, danish/doughnuts, cereals, fruit, juices, coffee.....)

Free long distance (1 hr) was nice but line quality was not so good. Free soft drinks and popcorn in room. Very nice staff. Many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank SageTraveling
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
BEST WESTERN Country Suites
BEST WESTERN Country Suites
#50 of 178 in Indianapolis
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyramids
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyrami...
#105 of 178 in Indianapolis
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis C...
#21 of 178 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel
Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park

Been to Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!